Did they really do this to the IRNV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they really do this to the IRNV?

I only have the IRNV on my 870 and haven't actually used it since the patch. But did they really do this major of a nerf to the IRNV across all platforms?

Re: Did they really do this to the IRNV?

nope i havent seen it and i played today using it on my M16A4 i can see clearly.

Comment

Personally...I'm glad. I hate that thing and I can't even believe they let it in the game. They should really just remove it.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

it wont be used much anymore outside of Tehran highway.....like it was intended.

Comment

I played a few rounds after posting this and the IRNV doesn't seem any different. Then again, I didn't play on Metro in the tunnels with all the smoke. So maybe they changed something when looking through smoke with it, no idea.

Comment

This nerf has been done on the PS3 and the Xbox tomorrow. Coming to PC soon.
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

really? loool, it's now easier to see in the dark without it than with it xD

Comment

It still works the same, but it takes much longer for the enemies heat signature to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGDarkyDizzle
                  It still works the same, but it takes much longer for the enemies heat signature to show up.
                  When the all-powerful and wise Demize was asking his Twitter followers how to balance the IRNV, I actually suggested that. I guess that means I can claim responsibility for this!
                  Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

it has its uses on maps such as Tehran highway its good, and in Caspian border's forest flag comes in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                      When the all-powerful and wise Demize was asking his Twitter followers how to balance the IRNV, I actually suggested that. I guess that means I can claim responsibility for this!

But no seriously... they took it from one extreme to another by the looks of it. It's not even partially useful anymore if it's changed as much as it appears in that video.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1218[/ATTACH]

But no seriously... they took it from one extreme to another by the looks of it. It's not even partially useful anymore if it's changed as much as it appears in that video.
                        yeah, exactly. as i said it seems to be easier to see in the dark without it than actually using it

Comment

There are complaints on the forums about how it wont pick people up in dark buildings and it seems to only work somewhat well on Tehran Highway. People say it takes a second or two for enemy to show up and so they are camping more because of it.

I dont know why they didnt keep it like it was in the beta. Smoke and extreme light affected it, otherwise it worked ok.

Here is a better video of someone using it "correctly".

Also, the next nerffest that is gaining momentum seems to be the F2000 or the USAS. Hard to say which will win dominance for OP.
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

When was this meant to have happened? I havent seen any change to the IRNV :s

Comment

its funny that they nerfed it on Metro etc and Bazaar (basically maps with heavy particle effects in places or interiors) where tbh that was where they should generally work ok, albeit with a range reduction

its tards just bringing it up while approaching broad open areas and flags where its stupid, lolicanseeeveryone, or those braindeads that have no ability and rely on it, but apparently its received a range reduction etc and isn't as effective, hopefully they make the spec ops camo work against it

I LOVE killing IRNoobVision users

Comment

Working...
                              X