Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD:Elite for PC, Maybe Not says Beachead

FPSadmin had this article up from nowgamer.com

Beachhead now says CoD Elite future unclear.
    Published on Nov 15, 2011

Call of Duty Elite's problems have apparently just gone from bad to worse with Beachhead announcing that the PC version of the service now might not appear at all.

"We are working towards a universal Elite experience but we cannot guarantee if or when a version will be available for the PC," reads an official Call of Duty Elite tweet.

The PC version of Elite was delayed just ahead of Modern Warfare 3's launch, with Activision stating that it had to "re-imagine" the service for PC, essentially making it just about stats and community - it'll be entirely free as a result, but lack the features and content available with premium subscriptions for the console versions of Elite.

So what do you think the chances are that the next CoD will be console only?
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: CoD:Elite for PC, Maybe Not says Beachead

LOL, was just on my way to post this. Fun, fun, fun till daddy took the Tbird away. Well screw them, playing the single player I can tell they wanna kill of the Modern Warfare franchise in case the creators win their law suite, which I hope they do and kill of this franchise.

Comment

that's it, Treyarch is the next cod title i am getting, I am not getting MW3 even down the line, been seeing my mates play it oh the boredom! Treyarch will be getting my money at least they pleased me with Blops. and as for the console only part, i beleive that to be 80 percent true if not a hundred, the game was certainly lacking in SP it was just missing, i dont know it did not feel like the great SP for me from MW1 and 2.

Comment

Looks like they are saying they were taken out of context:

We misspoke. Our goal has always been to provide a free PC offering for ELITE. Stay tuned for an update as timing is still being determined.

Comment

they noticed they were falling behind with bf3's free battlelog and the fans raging, they had to do it

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
            Looks like they are saying they were taken out of context:

https://twitter.com/#!/CallOfDutyEli...30985159364608
            How the hell can that be taken out of context? That statement they just issued is a total 180!

Comment

I don't care, all we are getting is the free part that anyone can sign up for anyways, no discount DLC, no chance at prizes and no double XP. Steamworks has laid a persistent ranking system since at lease MW2, so we could of gotten Prestige tokens for MW2 and Black Ops, but they claim that is impossible. They said PC is an insecure platform, hence no prizes because we can cheat, well hacked lobbies exist on the consoles, heck it is even easier to do with packet sniffing because it is undetectable since its happening on a different platform. The Dew double XP was never made clear that PC players would not be getting that time, rather then have it printed clearly or put out a statement, they claim it was Mountain Dew's responsibility not theirs since it was their promotion and there is nothing they can do. And then there is the actual game itself, well I have a post regarding that marked with a spoiler warning. Every time we get pushed, we pushed back and got banned or blocked for it, we are the silent minority and its just going to keep get worse. We also have no power to change things, anything we could do to protest it would only be considered either illegal (DDoS or hacking) or easily ignorable (we aren't where the money is). Neither of those options is worth it either, why, because it is just a game.

Comment

It figures, you leave as staff and still find out about this before I get it up as news.

Comment

Working...
                X