Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New drivers

From the Battlelog news section:

Here are the latest graphics drivers for Battlefield 3 supported by AMD and GeForce.

Nvidia: 285.79 Beta (released today)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ta-driver.html [nvidia.com]
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ta-driver.html [nvidia.com]

AMD: 11.10

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx [sites.amd.com]
    http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-32.aspx [sites.amd.com]

If you are using Crossfire also install 11.9 CAP4 (Crossfire Application Profile):

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...-profiles.aspx [sites.amd.com]
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: New drivers

do you reccommend that i get the beta drivers? i got the latest stable one.

Comment

Im going to wait until the drivers come out of beta and see how they go.

Comment

AMD 11.10 is a stable release as of 10/31. I removed the beta driver Wednesday night and installed these + CAP 4. Definitely an improvement for my Crossfire setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
          do you reccommend that i get the beta drivers? i got the latest stable one.
          If things are working well for you and you are not experiencing too many problems, I would wait until official release.

I switched to the beta because I get flicker on most maps a lot. I havent had a chance to play yet though, so I dont know how well it will work.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

i do get flicker at some points, hmm well maybe i will give it a go and see what happens, will report back.

Comment

I heard the beta drivers fix a lot of the game's crashes. Not sure about the green flicker.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                I heard the beta drivers fix a lot of the game's crashes. Not sure about the green flicker.
                WAIT! The green flicker isn't a sign my newish 560Ti is dying already?! Hot damn that's a relief. I saw it a couple of times and thought it was starting to over heat, but if it's apparently common that's quite the relief.

Comment

Oh yeah, its extremely common. Probably happens to the majority of people. Plus it happens on the 360 and PS3.

Comment

When I have it set to Ultra settings on my 560, I get this weird graphic issue. I'll have all these triangular points that intersect at the center of the screen. As I move around, they move around and sometimes dissapear. Has this been reported and do the new drivers fix it?

Comment

See now THAT sounds like graphical artifacts from overheating.

Comment

Originally posted by John Carr
                        When I have it set to Ultra settings on my 560, I get this weird graphic issue. I'll have all these triangular points that intersect at the center of the screen. As I move around, they move around and sometimes dissapear. Has this been reported and do the new drivers fix it?
                        haha this also happens to me since the beta, hope zips isnt right

Comment

No that's not overheating either.

The update notes show that it has been fixed for DX10 GPUs, and so far I would say they are gone. They must still be working on DX11 ones.

Comment

Graphical artifacts are a huge indicator of overheating. So it's not really a blanket "no, that's not it." It could still be the case.

Xfire is your #1 spot for the latest on gaming, movies, TV, and pop culture. We go in-depth on the entertainment you love with essential guides, thoughtful features, and reporting you won't find anywhere else. Our experienced team provides one-of-a-kind analysis and commentary straight from the heart of fandom.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

AFAIK, the thing Nvidia fixed were ground textures having the black points/triangles. If he's having the above, then there's a more serious issue than just needing to update drivers.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about these triangles? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5_lb...eature=related

The ones I'm talking about and the ones that I believe he is talking about are thin black triangles that point towards the center of the screen and move around/disappear when you look around. I'm trying to find a picture at the moment but I can't. These are a game issue. Of course, they could still be overheating. Since updating drivers, I haven't had these appear yet (I have a DX10 card), so I assume that these were the triangles the update was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X