I really don't know how to respond to MW3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I really don't know how to respond to MW3

Yeah, Heard a couple of kids yesterday (its 8 am today). A few people actually took a day off from school for it. Apparantly the same thing happened last year with BlOps but I didn't notice...

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
      Yeah, Heard a couple of kids yesterday (its 8 am today). A few people actually took a day off from school for it. Apparantly the same thing happened last year with BlOps but I didn't notice...
      I'm taking Friday off ... oh wait I don't have anything to do until February (starting my masters degree)

Comment

Kids, key word.

Matt, you lucky person, i am already in my masters started Sept 2011 and i am knee nay head deep in work! lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
          I'm taking Friday off ... oh wait I don't have anything to do until February (starting my masters degree)
          Veteran's Day...free day off on Friday!
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I bought the PS3 version to finish up the sp and to let my brother borrow it when I am done and all I can say is that BF3 is the superior game hands down. MW3 is the same old crap rehashed with different maps. I would not waste money on this game right now.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
              I bought the PS3 version to finish up the sp and to let my brother borrow it when I am done and all I can say is that BF3 is the superior game hands down. MW3 is the same old crap rehashed with different maps. I would not waste money on this game right now.
              I was watching some videos ... and the sound is crap compared to BF3's.

Comment

I have to be honest... I thought I'd maybe get some enjoyment out of MW3. I enjoyed the first two MW games to an extent, MW1 especially. But with there being a new BF game that came out at almost the same time, I just can't deal with MW anymore. It's just the same damn thing.

I can't even put into words just how I feel about this game without going off on lengthy rants. I started to record audio tonight for my MW3 video "review" but it ended up being 16 minutes that went all over the place, and even called out other reviewers for why they scored this clone so incredibly highly. I'm going to scrap that audio because it's just so far out there on the rant scale it would not make for a good listen.

If MW3 came out five years ago when MW1 did, sure it'd be amazing but we've now had 3 games of the same exact crap with only the smallest of changes made, the same modified Quake 3 game engine, the same stupid run animations, the same canned animations, the same unlocks, etc.

FFS, even now in this reply I'm just going off on a rant on this game.

I even want to just put the SP campaign to easy just to run through it to see the last bit of this story that they've managed to milk for three games now. The SP is a boring, tedious rehash of stupid AI or BS deaths, set pieces we saw in previous games just given a new coat of paint this time. Replace snowmobiles with boats! Slide down a hill but don't run into a sturdy fence while going down at a slow pace because God forbid you think that's what you're supposed to do instead of FALLING OFF A CLIFF. Oh and that fence kills you even though you're sliding down the hill at about a walking pace at that point.

UGH... I JUST.. Ugh.... I'm tired of this crap. I'd say I feel bad for people who look forward to the next MW title year after year, or the parents that 9 times out of 10 will be the ones forced to spend their money but most people somehow enjoy paying that money for the same thing they already own.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                  I have to be honest... I thought I'd maybe get some enjoyment out of MW3. I enjoyed the first two MW games to an extent, MW1 especially. But with there being a new BF game that came out at almost the same time, I just can't deal with MW anymore. It's just the same damn thing.

I can't even put into words just how I feel about this game without going off on lengthy rants. I started to record audio tonight for my MW3 video "review" but it ended up being 16 minutes that went all over the place, and even called out other reviewers for why they scored this clone so incredibly highly. I'm going to scrap that audio because it's just so far out there on the rant scale it would not make for a good listen.

If MW3 came out five years ago when MW1 did, sure it'd be amazing but we've now had 3 games of the same exact crap with only the smallest of changes made, the same modified Quake 3 game engine, the same stupid run animations, the same canned animations, the same unlocks, etc.

FFS, even now in this reply I'm just going off on a rant on this game.

I even want to just put the SP campaign to easy just to run through it to see the last bit of this story that they've managed to milk for three games now. The SP is a boring, tedious rehash of stupid AI or BS deaths, set pieces we saw in previous games just given a new coat of paint this time. Replace snowmobiles with boats! Slide down a hill but don't run into a sturdy fence while going down at a slow pace because God forbid you think that's what you're supposed to do instead of FALLING OFF A CLIFF. Oh and that fence kills you even though you're sliding down the hill at about a walking pace at that point.

UGH... I JUST.. Ugh.... I'm tired of this crap. I'd say I feel bad for people who look forward to the next MW title year after year, or the parents that 9 times out of 10 will be the ones forced to spend their money but most people somehow enjoy paying that money for the same thing they already own.
                  Post it anyway, but as an "Outtake" of sorts. I just got off a facebook argument about BF3 and MW3, and yes, People believe that because MW3 sells better it makes it a better game. FUCK. Im sick of this shit. I know it sounds entitled but why must it feel like I am suddenly surrounded by idiots? These people defend imbalances and frustrations, and then call out very good design aspects of BF3 "MAJOR FLAWS THAT MAKE THE GAME SHIT!".

Comment

I'd liken most PC gamers relationship with CoD at this point to a battered wife. You keep going back to the same broken relationship thinking it will get better, but all your friends know it won't and you really need to move on. I was willing to give CoD one more chance if they'd been honest about dedicated servers.

Comment

I too have come from a lengthy coversation from Facebook. As well as i agree with what Zips said. Zips maybe you can send that audio file to me? lol would like to hear it.

Comment

true, you could still use that audio as a "rant on mw3" or something similar xD. I have to agree with you since it's basically the same shitty death, reload, running, shooting jumping etc.. animations, same effects , textures, models, sounds.. same heavily recycled graphics everywhere for 5 games and 5 years now

Comment

yeah, but what i dont get is that people still buy it and at full price no less. Its been out jsut this week here in the UK havent bought it yet and dont think i will for a long time, been playing BF3 and that has been eating up my time, the unlock progression gives it a nice timeline. CoD however is a fast leveler, i see my mates level up then leave thats 45 pounds down the drain honestly going to the movies 5 or even 10 times is cheaper and more worth it.

Comment

Working...
                          X