I really don't know how to respond to MW3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't know how to respond to MW3

I love COD, I love the MW series, but I hate, HATE the publisher and the people associated to it. The COD have always been great games, very fun to play with a great single player story and a fun multiplayer mode. I've bought every game, even rebought some on Steam when I got the chance, bought every expansion and DLC, but it feels like this last year things have been going overboard. From no paid DLC to 2, then 4 DLC with the following game and this year they are promising new content every single month with DLC packs every couple of months. The COD series is a billion dollar series, MW2 without DLC broke the billion mark and BlOps sold even more, now add DLC to that. Bobby Kotick in interviews has said that he would drive series straight into the ground and bleed them dry for all the profitability possible. We now have a new COD title every year. I already bought MW3, generally speaking I support DLC in that it helps support further development for games, but frankly speaking they are abusing it. We aren't seeing game fixing patches come out at the frequency we use to, only just before a new content pack is released and mostly in the notes it mentions adding support for upcoming content pack leading to the believe that they are more concerned with developing the DLC then working on those game fixes. How long did it take them to get Black Ops servers to run smoothly, the hard answer is the first major fixes didn't come out until right before the first DLC was released 3 months after the game was out.

I want to play MW3, I want to enjoy the new content, but I'm having a hard time justifying it. Pre MW2 I always bought all my friends copies of the games BF2, BF2142, COD4 and MW2 I bought about 5 copies each everytime (other games also, but those were the big ones), it was always worth it. MW2 was the last game I actually did that, why because all the DLC made it to expensive for me to do that.

I spite the consoles for everything they did for video games and my beloved COD series!

Re: I really don't know how to respond to MW3

I wont be buying another IW CoD again until it changes but I doubt it will.

I will however buy the next Treyarch CoD title as for me they've been the most consistent and actually listened to what we've wanted in a game. I just hope they don't pull that stunt with Game Servers again.

Comment

Your spite is focused on the wrong thing. Decisions had to be made to make the game what it is today. Everyone wants to blame console for the "woes" of PC gaming, but the facts are there are too many factors affecting the PC side of games and its simply easier for developers to focus on console. They could make a great PC version as well, but dont bother. The lowest factor is also the majority of the market, so why make something they claim is difficult when you can just do that?

As for MW3, I will wait for the price to drop a lot for the single player. The excuses for CoD:Elite on PC and the fact that PC has to pay full price for DLC while consoles can get a discount isnt right. Weve seen news article after news article of console being hacked and modded, yet devs seem to ignore these things and just say how PC isnt secure. Its a default statement that they stick to like politicians and their lies.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
        Pre MW2 I always bought all my friends copies of the games BF2, BF2142, COD4 and MW2 I bought about 5 copies each everytime (other games also, but those were the big ones), it was always worth it.
        Want to be my friend?

Comment

I might pick it up around Christmas. Let us know how it is. I expect a detailed report lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
            Want to be my friend?
            LOL

I agree with you Crunch, last night I got a bit irritated after getting into it with OneOfSwords. I complaint that Steam MW3 doesn't unlock at midnight but rather sometime the following morning, he said it was the retailers fault, but Steam release times are imposed by the publisher and that there had been several midnight releases on Steam in the last couple of months (Deus Ex HR and Rage). I got a little low ball and got myself blocked on twitter. If anyone cares to read my blow-up twitter.com/rangerxml and twitter.com/oneofswords I didn't handle it to well and eventually told him "f- you very much".

FYI, he is like FourZeroTwo, a mouth piece for Activision, or should I say the official Activision Blogger and considering I'm already blocked by FourZeroTwo was one of the only ones left to vent to.

Comment

Yep, block you and forget it. Though I agree that you did get a bit "outawhack" thats an example of peoples frustrations and what they do about it. There is nothing 402 or 1oS can do, but relay the information. Since IW.net is up and well that tells you how well stating a complaint goes. Theyre trying to compromise with the PC community and will next say "We gave you guys what you wanted but you still complain."

So anyway, PC numbers will keep dropping and console numbers will keep skyrocketing and life will go on.

Comment

Well we can't really get in contact with the folks that make the decisions, they are sitting high and dry in their ivory towers watching from above and making broad decisions and all we can do about it is try to pass along our sentiments to their mouth pieces and hope some one sees or hears our complaints (though not very likely).

Comment

I am kinda in the same boat. I have every single CoD game since CoD1 and I love them. I am torn between getting the game and not supporting the publisher. The truth is, I love CoD games and they are always fun for me. But at the same time, I just don't feel good about supporting what Activision is doing. I don't want $15 map packs every month, I don't want the PC version to be shafted, I don't want to play on IW.Net, I don't want to have no innovation in the engine, but I want to play it.

The thing is though, for these companies, support is judged based off sales. I could buy the game and then arrange a million man march on Kotick's house to fix things, but he wouldn't care as long as he has my money. Worse, they wouldn't change it for the next game. Money is all they care about now. That is why I'm not going to buy MW3, and instead I will give them a "lost sale". I know my one lost sale on the PC platform won't really change anything, but I don't think it's right for me to give them money when I don't agree with what they are doing.
                  Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Get it later. By not getting it now you are not being counted in the sales numbers and events. No, those numbers will still be gigantic, but a "no show" is still a vote. I plan to get MW3 when its about $20 or so bucks so I can play the single player.

Comment

Might be waiting 3-4 years for it to be $20, since MW1 just recently went to $20 on Steam and MW2 is still $30 there thanks to Activision's pricing.

Comment

I'll just rent it tomorrow to play SP, MP is not worth it ... people there rage over everything, more than any game I've played.

I just need to kill time until Friday arrives

Comment

I just got Battlefield 3 today (well yesterday, a few hours ago), so I'm good to go until Friday.

Comment

Honestly console users love this, in Facebook my mate wrote "So what do you think of MW3?" I gave him my 2 cents, you know the graphics engine, gameplay, player count, multiplayer and what not. He hasnt replied yet but anxiously waiting. Although to my surprise i see one of his buddies type in there Graphics and audio are nice! my response WTF! or he probably did not play Crysis (2007) which is 4 years older and has far more superior graphics.

Comment

Kids were talking about it today at school. I promptly called them a vulgarity and forcefully told them how much better BF3 is.

I even heard some Spanish girl talking about it in Spanish...she didn't know the word for "sniper" though.
                              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
                              X