Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Karkand Q/A with Zh1nt0

Source

Today during our Day 1 event, Daniel “zh1nt0″ Matros volunteered his Saturday Night to come onboard our Teamspeak 3 server to give a quick Q/A about Back to Karkand and score some frags on the Battlefield. We were pretty stoked about this and some great new information came out about the Upcoming Battlefield 3 expansion pack, Back to Karkand. We had a exciting day and we want to give a huge shoutout to Crash7800, 1April, zh1nt0, Elxx, Gamm4 for their help. Here are the highlights of the discussion of what we can expect to see in Back to Karkand.

Unlocks carried over to Vanilla BF3
    All the weapons that you unlock while playing Back to Karkand expansion pack will be usable when playing Battlefield 3.

Introducing Assignments
    WIth Back to Karkand will come a new feature called “Assignments”. These will essentially be objective based tasks you can accept and will gain rewards from it.

Enhanced Destruction
    The Destruction will be turned up a new level in Back to karkand.

Maps with BF2 Flag Structure
    The levels in Back to Karkand will bring back the traditional Conquest Assault Gameplay. What this means is one team will start off with most of the flags, and the other team will have to capture those. This is the traditional map format we saw in Battlefield 2.

Karkand stats contribute to global stats
    Everything you earn in Karkand will be contributed towards your soldier’s global score.

All game modes available
    You’ll be able to play all gamemodes on back to Karkand maps. That means Rush on Wake Island, oh lala!

December 2011 Release
    A specific date has yet to be released but it’s right around the corner!

Re: Back to Karkand Q/A with Zh1nt0

I jizzzzzed and i am not disappoint at all! thanks for the post Scinto ;D

Comment

See now that they have more time to spend with these maps they can get them right.

Comment

I hope they bring back some of the other BF2 maps or atleast make new maps with Conquest Assault.

Comment

From a Marketing perspective, it's a beautiful 1-2 punch to MW3. Release first, release stable, pull in the good reviews. Wait for the MW3 storm to pass. A month later, boom, get your name back in the spotlight again.

Comment

I hope they eventually release a urban map with helicopters in it, like mashuur city but even more urban. That would be awesome, destructive environments with helicopters dodging buildings and crashing into them, rubble falling in the streets from skyscrapers

Comment

this is good news, however i am mad that they made sharqui a night map, that map was by far my favorite in bf2 and im not a fan of night fighting

Comment

Yeah, if only there were a daytime version of Sharqi somewhere!!! CURSE YOU DICE!

:wee:
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I think that if all maps or atleast some had a day and night version would be great adding re playability, because it's the same map but feels different/like a different one

Comment

I agree, I've never understood why developers don't make a night/day/weather variation of each map. It would be relatively simple and instantly add to the replayability factor, which BF3 is honestly lacking.

Imagine having a forest map that has a winter and a summer variation. The winter one is covered is snow and there is no foliage, and the summer version is lush with a bunch of foliage. That would be awesome.
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
                      this is good news, however i am mad that they made sharqui a night map, that map was by far my favorite in bf2 and im not a fan of night fighting
                      Well if it's anything like Tehran Highway, I wouldn't worry about it. "Night" just means they used more dark colors in their textures.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                        I agree, I've never understood why developers don't make a night/day/weather variation of each map. It would be relatively simple and instantly add to the replayability factor, which BF3 is honestly lacking.

Imagine having a forest map that has a winter and a summer variation. The winter one is covered is snow and there is no foliage, and the summer version is lush with a bunch of foliage. That would be awesome.
                        That would be to hard for them to do, obviously. Just like opening and closing doors in MOH: Spearhead are obviously to hard to do these days.

Comment

The best part is that the engine can easily do dynamic lighting and change the time of day (based on their tech demo).
                          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Why am i not excited? oh yeah because ive played on karkand for 7 years and im bored to death of it.Im not a mindless mouse in a maze.

The only reason there doing this is so they can milk the word karkand and it all fits into there console sized maps.

Why didnt they make the big bf2 maps or big 1942 maps if they wanted something for the vets?answer: because they cant.

The only Pro to all this is its free....so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                              Why am i not excited? oh yeah because ive played on karkand for 7 years and im bored to death of it.Im not a mindless mouse in a maze.

The only reason there doing this is so they can milk the word karkand and it all fits into there console sized maps.

Why didnt they make the big bf2 maps or big 1942 maps if they wanted something for the vets?answer: because they cant.

The only Pro to all this is its free....so far
                              Well Karkand isn't the only map... They at least have Wake island and Oman...

Comment

Working...
                              X