Meh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh.

So far its ok but def not epic, on one map there was 64 players ,1 jeep and one tank lol.I still think the maps are really small lol, but have not played them all yet.

Alot of the maps seem infantry focusedand lack of vehicles, anyhow im still exploring the game and im getting used to prone again lol.

Its just i have this BC 2.5 taste in my mouth with some of the small maps.

The ballistics feels good but im getting crashes every 3 games.

Any idea when the classic map pack will be out?

Re: Meh.

Caspian Border is by far the best of those I have tried.

Comment

Have not played Kharg yet.

P.s mods pls delete tripple post lol, my interwebs was not responding.

Comment

It depends if you play on 32 or 64 players, on 32 when you have 3 tanks per side, jets, 2 helo it's more than enough. 64 players is too much most of the time anyway, most battles degenerate into a chaotic spam in almost every maps (no I'm not talking about Metro in conquest which is a horror even with 32 players).

Comment

I really like BF3 but I did notice the lack of vehicles, specially tanks, or APC's. There are plenty of cars, most of the time but yesterday when I was playing on a 64man game everyone spawns and there were only 2 jeeps...it was a free for all, i got lucky and got in tho! Don't notice many transport helicopters, i was in one once, I spawned into a died. It might be readjusting to the new air gameplay but right now I don't survive more than a min.

Also, the text box in the middle of the right side of the screen is really annoying and I prefer BF2's system more. Also, I can't find cammo rose(promised) are they hiding it somewhere?
          PSN: Xclusiveitalian
          Steam: Stryker
          Origin: Xclusiveitalian
          Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

You have the camo rose, you need to hold the spot key. Although it is useless right now.

Comment

Just stay away from the bad conquest maps. You will see them fade out of map rotations soon. The worst ones are Op. Metro, Seine Crossing, Tehran, and Damavand Peak. I love the other 5. My favorites right now are Caspian and Canals.

The problem I have with the maps is that they are obviously designed for 24-32 players. Very few of the maps work well with 64. If you join a 32 player server, they are actually very enjoyable, including Op Metro (sometimes). I feel like the 64 players is just a gimmick right now.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Some maps are jsut designed for rush, you can clearly see it.

Comment

Rarely see much team work except for repairing tanks.

No commander.

No Squad Leader.

No in-game VOIP.

Trying to coordinate fighting with random player on random server is next to impossible.

Missing those great teamwork fun in 2142.

My biggest complaint so far.

Otherwise the game was hyped just about right.

Comment

Where are the squad leader assists they talked about? Like the squad leaders ability to call in artillery strikes?

Comment

The only thing the squad leader is able to do is choosing what flag/mcom to attack, apart from that he doesn't have any more power than your normal squad member.

Comment

It does not sound like I need to be too peed off by my BF3 not working. It seems like I am better of waiting for the first patch. Then they might work out the problems with not being able to start up the game via Origin or through Battlelog.

Comment

In grand bazzar 64 player conquest, it was a bit of a cluster fuck, but it felt quite immersive. Hell, I don't know why we complain about the tight maps when the CoD cluster fucks are usually because some one man army wannabe just got 12 kills and is now using a helicopter to rubbish up more kills. There felt like a desperate struggle to move forward, and I actually felt team support even if it was only a "Here is some ammo I chucked on the ground".

having said that I know the importance of vehicles maps, though piloting a jet is hard, I found the Atk Chopper easier than the jet surprisingly. Also, I cannot believe that I have been playing invert for flight controls all this time, I thought it was normal!

Edit: Yeah, I've noticed I've been a bit vocal against cod tonight, that and I went on the escapist... Bunch of pricks can't tell the difference between tactical and "Tacticool"...

Comment

Yes, cluster fuck is the right term for most maps with 64 players, it is almost worse than the beginning of a round on Karkand BF2. Did anyone tried Metro in conquest with 64 players? A new definition of spam is born.

Comment

Metro 64 player conquest is an absolute joke. I really love the game however i find there are only about 3 maps that actually server a decent game when playing conquest mode. This game has obviously been designed from a Rush perspective and then had conquest tacked on at the end imo.

I also hate how even though the maps are "big" they arnt as such big as they are LONG. Older BF maps have been about a wide open space with flags scattered into the corners of the map, adding a different bit of direction. I find ALL the BF3 maps are basically a long stretch of map with capture points spaced 200 metres apart which still in the end creates one massive chokepoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X