Spawning needs serious fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spawning needs serious fixing

oddly enough the best spawns and spawning cycles I've seen are in team death match, I'm never spawned near or on an an enemy player....but in conquest I am consistently spawned right on top of or behind the enemy....there' definitely a different system in play for the team death match and it works, the spawning alone made BF3 some of the best TDM I had ever played.

Comment

I expect TDM spawns you near teammates and away from enemies. The game has the freedom to spawn you anywhere. On the other hand, in conquest, you have to be spawned in a set area that enemies may infiltrate, but the game still has to spawn you there. In TDM, it can just spawn you somewhere else on the map, but if you select "A" in conquest, the game spawns you at A, not C.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I've kind of gotten the impression, the design intent was something like "The only safe spawn is your un-cap." I haven't done any scientific testing, but the cap radius seems very large and it wouldn't surprise me to learn all the spawn points are within the cap radius. If they were out further, combined with the ability to spawn on squad mates, it would seem almost too easy for someone spawning into a flag that's about to be lost to hide out and wait to retake it.

Spawning on squad mates also seems highly dependent on how observant they are. I've gotten numerous double kills from someone spawning on my target just as I pull the trigger. Always from behind too, where the person spawning can't see me.

Personally, when I see that little note about "squad spawn on you" I immediately look for a place to crouch down or prone. I also try to avoid spawning on anyone actively shooting or engaging the enemy. Just because you CAN jump back in the action that quick, doesn't necessarily mean you SHOULD.

I also agree that the TDM spawning is awesome. Every round has had a nice flow to it after the initial chaotic exchange. Whenever we push an enemy back into a corner, they start spawning on the other side of the map.

Comment

I understand spawning in the cap radius since the cap zones are so large, but you shouldn't spawn on the flag. I remember one time in particular where I spawned on the actual flag pole.
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
            I understand spawning in the cap radius since the cap zones are so large, but you shouldn't spawn on the flag. I remember one time in particular where I spawned on the actual flag pole.
            Ok, that would need to be fixed. I can only imagine the WTF moment when you spawn directly on a flag surrounded by enemies.

Comment

Working...
            X