Spawning needs serious fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawning needs serious fixing

I've been spawned in front of enemies constantly. A few times, it has spawned me in a room full of them, I was lucky they all had their back to me. But bottom line, spawning needs some immediate tweaking.

Re: Spawning needs serious fixing

The spawning has worked out for me, only because I've spawned behind the enemies back like you and got some easy kills. When you're sitting in a house with no rear entrance, if you haven't neutralized the control point yet, an enemy can spawn behind you in the house and kill you. I can live with that for the time being.

What I can't live with is if I leave my Xbox 360 controller plugged into my computer my left mouse button won't fire my weapon until I unplug the controller. Therefore I haven't touched the jets or helis yet.

Comment

Porkfist, I noticed the same thing when I had my joystick plugged in...the throttle had to be exactly at neutral.
      Clearing all the binds from the joystick column in the Infantry and Vehicles section fixed these issues.

Comment

Haha, i had my Xbox Controller plugged in as well, but the issue i had was i couldn't look to the sides.

Comment

Thanks shaft, I'll have to give that a go (clearing the binds). I would like to use the controller for the choppers and the jets. Some people can fly with the mouse and keyboard, but I have to concentrate so much just to keep it in the air with the mouse and keyboard that I can't focus on fighting at all.

Comment

Yeah the spawning is a bit flawed. I've spawned behind many people and had many people spawn behind me when spawning at flags.

They also need to get rid of that black screen when you spawn.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

They still have the black screen? Man, everyone complained about that in the beta. Of course, everyone complained about everything in the beta, so Im sure it fell on deaf ears.
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yep still there.

Comment

its true i spawn only to be immediately killed. i also gave up on spawning on squadmates unless i am absolutely sure it is safe. i never spawned on squad mates in bc2 because of all the times my idiot squadmate was in the middle of nowhere. i wouldent mind some spawn protection

Comment

Yeah, this sucks. I lost my tags twice because of this. Ive also spawned many times seeing myself dead, but because of the black screen I had to just stand there and wait.

You know, it really bothers me about this. There has been spawn systems since the early 90s and yet its the same problems over and over and then they add more issues. Im not a programmer and I dont make games, but youd think they would be coming close to a nice spawn system after 20 years of doing it.

Comment

The spawning was fine in BC2. The spawns were a good distance from the flags, and I think there was spawn invulnerability. In BF3, I have spawned within 10 feet of the flag, so I understand why I got killed instantly.

Comment

Yeah, thats my point. What happened? Did the computer that had the spawn code crash and it wasnt backed up so they had to use BF2 code? They finally got the BC2 spawning down very well and then they do this.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          Yeah, thats my point. What happened? Did the computer that had the spawn code crash and it wasnt backed up so they had to use BF2 code? They finally got the BC2 spawning down very well and then they do this.
                          It feels like the Medal of Honor spawn system to me. Especially when spawning on a squad member, the restrictive camera angle usually prevents you from seeing the enemy about to kill your squadmate until you click deploy.. Also, is it just me, or do the deployment zones feel a lot less invulnerable than they did in BF2? I seem to remember spawning far back enough that I couldn't be killed in BF2, but now if I pick my main deployment on some maps I can still get sniped.

Comment

I have a few issues with the spawning:

- Spawning on a flag spawns you too close to the objective.
                            - Spawning on a squad mate literally means spawning on top of him.
                            - The black screen delay when spawning is such a stupid feature.
                            - Sometimes spawning on a squad mate spawns you facing the wrong direction and so you get shot in the back.

Just a few of the issues im having.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                              I have a few issues with the spawning:

- Spawning on a flag spawns you too close to the objective.
                              - Spawning on a squad mate literally means spawning on top of him.
                              - The black screen delay when spawning is such a stupid feature.
                              - Sometimes spawning on a squad mate spawns you facing the wrong direction and so you get shot in the back.

Just a few of the issues im having.
                              All my complaints right there

Comment

Working...
                              X