Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy snap, can anyone in the UK confirm this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy snap, can anyone in the UK confirm this?

Trade in BF3 and get MW3 for 99p?!? Some kind of a promo GameStop is running in the UK.

Re: Holy snap, can anyone in the UK confirm this?

Yup its true.

Comment

EA must be really happy about this. Even if I didn't want BF3, I would still do this.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Seriously, its more like a don't know which one to choose, try one if you like it keep it and if you don't, pay us a dollar (or $2 with current exchange) and get the other one.

Comment

Wouldnt it be better if it worked both ways? I know BF3 comes out first, but what if people buy CoD and then decide they want to go with BF3 instead?

This is just a one way street. Or does this even matter since this is fo console?

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Could be photo shopped?

Comment

No. Well, yeah, Gamestop probably made that in photoshop, but its legit.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                Could be photo shopped?
                At the time I got it straight from Gamestop.co.uk's website.

Now when I click the follow on link from Rangers post it 404's lol.

Comment

I just thought of something. Why would a company that made $120 US (Because you have to buy BF3 and MW3) on you give you back $59 of it and take an opened game back? The answer: THEY WOULDNT! They know that once you play BF3, your not going to give it back and they also know that once you get MW3, the new crack will keep you hooked and you CANT give that back.

So they just got you for two games when you only intended to buy one to begin with. Only the people that play SP only or just really hate everything of BF3 will give this back.

ITS A TRAP!

Comment

They just want people like me who don't like modern warfare to buy it and never play it.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                      They just want people like me who don't like modern warfare to buy it and never play it.
                      How would that work though? I would think if you dont like Battlefield, then that would get you to play it. Which also leads me to believe that EA is on board with this.

Comment

Agree, now with MW3 dedicated servers not being ranked after yesterdays announcement, this is a serious trap. You can buy BF3, but you have to buy MW3 before that date and send BF3 back, nothing about returning MW3 to get BF3 at a discount.

Again, in case no one heard, dedicated servers will not be ranked in MW3. Still trying to decide if I should cancel my preorder for once for a COD game, still wanna play the single player (but there are other methods for just that).

Comment

They want you to buy both right? So they offer both games but if I return BF3 (which I'm not) I basically get the second game free. Someone like my who doesn't really care for Modern warfare but have been tricked twice before might do this offer. I know better though, I'm going to play bf3 not returning it and get stuck with mw3, a paperweight.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                            They want you to buy both right? So they offer both games but if I return BF3 (which I'm not) I basically get the second game free. Someone like my who doesn't really care for Modern warfare but have been tricked twice before might do this offer. I know better though, I'm going to play bf3 not returning it and get stuck with mw3, a paperweight.
                            OK, its been a long day for me. Are you getting a game for free because you are returning BF3 after playing it? Is that where the free game comes in?

I can understand playing the single player for free, but console people can rent the game anyway for a few bucks. You are out Co-Op and Multiplayer if you return it.

So am I right in thinking the free part is the single player?

Comment

Please note, PC version is excluded from this, otherwise we could have some fun with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X