Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statistics don't lie, Beta HAS been a disappointment, let your voice heard, speak up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Statistics don't lie, Beta HAS been a disappointment, let your voice heard, speak

Remind me to never fly with you

Comment

Re: Statistics don't lie, Beta HAS been a disappointment, let your voice heard, speak

I just wish people would let Dice do there jobs. I don't want bf2, I want BF3. when bf2 was out everyone wanted 1942. when bf4 comes they will want bf3. Some people just need something to cry over.

Comment

Basil, probably the best comment i read out there, Kudos mate

Comment

Base Rape was the biggest fail in BF2 history and ruined so much fun. Not only was base raping retarded, the rules it spawned were equally as retarded. Yes I do mean the "no base raping" rules and no I'm not contradicting myself.

Base raping was dumb but even more dumb was sitting in your base and not leaving on servers that enforced no base raping.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
            Base Rape was the biggest fail in BF2 history and ruined so much fun. Not only was base raping retarded, the rules it spawned were equally as retarded. Yes I do mean the "no base raping" rules and no I'm not contradicting myself.

Base raping was dumb but even more dumb was sitting in your base and not leaving on servers that enforced no base raping.
            Agreed on base rape being dumb, but what did you expect to happen when teams got lopsided (skill wise) and you have all the flags? You think people like waiting around? No, they go where there are people to shoot. It's a game design flaw since there was usually a flag close to the enemy uncap, so once the Defender had you locked down, he had a nearby spawn to keep the pressure on.

The first time I saw the Caspian Border map layout, I was like WTF? Why aren't there two more flags? One closer to each base? The more I thought about it, this is why. The uncaps are now far enough away an Attacker can't really do anything but leave. No snipers harassing the nearest flag all game. It also solves the problem of lock-in. You don't have endless waves of Defenders spawning at the nearby flag. Plus the big red flashing number count down when you get too close.

It was fun as the ones doing the raping, but no surer way to kill a healthy server.

Comment

Personally, I don't care about uncap attacking, but I hate base rape (yes, there is a difference). The problem is that it is impossible to have them coexist. If you are allowed to enter the enemy base to kill vehicles, you are going to be allowed to enter their base to spawn camp them. At the same time, when one team has all the flags, I believe they should be able to enter the enemy base.

That is why I think a hybrid system made up of the assault lines from 2142 and the BF3 uncap protection should be made. During normal play, the uncap is off-limits, preventing any base rape. Once the flags are all taken, the limit is lifted and the attacking team can enter the base and then capture it, ending the game.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I think BF3 got carried away by competiting actively with COD and wanting to draw some COD fans here.

Good games sell itself, don't need to "emulate" others.

Sigh...Great game nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                X