Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the BF3 Beta Help You Decide to Pre-Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did the BF3 Beta Help You Decide to Pre-Order?

Originally posted by Elder
    The 1942 demo helped me decide to pre-order every BF title since. I will support he BF franchise no matter how bad their titles get just because it's a major part of my childhood.
    this.

Comment

I hope there is going to be better optimization compared to the beta as noticing that there was little difference between High settings and Low.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        Wait a minute? Biased when we have people like Red and Rambo and who knows whom else be lurking and coming in from the other areas?

If its biased its because people remaind silent. If they dont choose to vote, nothing I can do about that and I cant really place the poll anywhere else.

Crunch
        Oh, I agree the community here has it's share of cynics, but they tend to be the type to offer constructive criticism. Not making a topic "This game sucks," with the only meaningful content "I just canceled my pre-order." I'm usually in favor of heavy moderation in a forum, something the Battlelog forums seem to be lacking. I stopped trying to read them after the second day. Sorting through all the useless rants to find real discussions.

Through BF2, 2142, BC2, this place has been one of the few sane places you can discuss the game.

There are already several replies (you can include mine in this number) who said they were planning to get the game regardless. That's what I meant by bias. I would expect there to be more hardcore BF fans in this forum pre-release.

The Battlelog forums are acting like a kind of spam catcher for the people who just want to complain. If it didn't exist, they'd go looking for another forum to make useless topics that don't contribute.

Comment

I see what you mean now. That makes sense. Yeah, this lot has always been helpful for some strange reason and sanity is seldom lost.

Or we are the insane ones, not sure.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by DunkinSPE
            Decided not to get it. Just not worth the money plus having to upgrade the PC to be able to play competitively. I'll wait a couple of months maybe after Christmas once most of the bugs and hacks are weaned out. And maybe I'll have a better idea if there's a Com Rose and VOIP of some kind.

Seems kinda crazy how some of those folks went hardcore and ranked up as high as they have sploitz or not. I think I'll put my time and energy into real life...go outside...work on my house...talk to women...something like that.
            You just made me reconsider. i'm probably not going to buy it right now anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
              You just made me reconsider. i'm probably not going to buy it right now anymore.
              Just remember, the unlock system will put late comers at a huge disadvantage, not the least with regards to vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                Just remember, the unlock system will put late comers at a huge disadvantage, not the least with regards to vehicles.
                I'm pretty sure playing the game at 20 fps with a resolution of 640 x 480 is already enough of a disadvantage :/

Comment

Yeah it would be.

Also, that does concern me as well. New players to BF3 are going to be at a disadvantage when it comes to vehicle warfare. The default weapons are nice, so I dont think that will be an issue, but having to unlock other vehicle items will make a newb be at a disadvantage.

I am working on a "guideline" to help those that will start late or want to know the way to attempt getting some unlocks without being utterly destroyed.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    I am working on a "guideline" to help those that will start late or want to know the way to attempt getting some unlocks without being utterly destroyed.
                    I think being a gunner also counts toward your vehicle points, so that could be a way to level in some of the vehicles.

Comment

Too bad jets don't have gunner seat. :P

I hadn't pre-ordered before beta and I will not pre-order now. I'll wait for release to see how squads, VOIP have been done and how many decent maps there are.

Comment

Yup Verki is totally right. I've leveled up my chopper level by gunning, when I've flown I've usually been killed before getting any real points. So for Everything short of a jet there is a pretty easy way to get those first couple levels no problem, and maybe that is liveable, and maybe even makes sense since it forces newer players to learn the ropes by assisting player that know the vehicle better. However still smoke and flares I think should be part of a load out for level 1.

For jets, I think it's imparative they give them flares, with no bombers that we know of, I think the ground attack planes are 1 seaters as well there is no way to get points and learn the ropes easily. And with a new pilot going up against a pilot with Air to Air missles, it's too skewed in the veterans favour.

Comment

i am all set for BF, would have pre-ordered during the summer, but i left after graduation and went back home, then coming back in september for my Masters i pre-ordered the game.

I honestly would never pass a BF title...ever. lulz i own 2 copies of the BF42 anthology, one vanilla BFV, and one BFV redux, as well as several copies of BF2, one disc scratched, and 2 BF2 complete editions, one i bought for myself and one for my brother lmfao i am a BF nut. Oh and also the bad company franchise, BC1 PS3 and BC2 PS3/PC, oh oh and 1 copy of BF2142 :P

Anyways never doubted battlefield really, if i didn't like a BF game it would have to be Bad company 2, suffered with it with some problems.

Comment

No, but I almost never pre-order games. The beta was helpful to evaluate my computer's performance though.

Comment

Pre-ordered before the beta and I'm glad I did. Looking forward to the expansion pack of BF2 maps. My current rig won't be able to run it on high, but it'll be playable until I can upgrade my cpu and motherboard. Upgraded for BF2, figured I'd have to upgrade for this.

Comment

I preordered this the day BF2 launched, I was so sure it owuld be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X