Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the BF3 Beta Help You Decide to Pre-Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the BF3 Beta Help You Decide to Pre-Order?

Last time I did a poll on the leaks of the alpha game play. This time its an open beta. Since the last day of the beta is tomorrow, everyone that did try it should have.

Here is last times poll to help you refresh:

Did playing the beta help you decide Battlefield 3 was worth a pre-order?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Did the BF3 Beta Help You Decide to Pre-Order?

It is Battlefield 3, if I could of preordered after I played Battlefield 2 I would of.

Comment

I had it pre ordered before the beta.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
        I had it pre ordered before the beta.
        So did I, but I would have cancelled again if the Beta was bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
          It is Battlefield 3, if I could of preordered after I played Battlefield 2 I would of.
          Really? That would make an interesting question. I wonder how many would have ordered BF3 right away after playing BF2, without any knowledge of BF3 at all.

RedInk said the same thing.

+Rep on that one Ranger and Red. Good one.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            So did I, but I would have cancelled again if the Beta was bad enough.
            Because of that I changed a question so that Cancel is included.

Crunch

Comment

Preordered this like 3 months ago.

Comment

Well, the game in general did make me want to preorder it, my performance with it is what's killing that will to preorder because i am not being able to fully enjoy the game. If i do end up preordering it's because i have hope of some tweaks similar to bfbc2's ones or of the game being more optimized in the full version

Comment

Wasn't sure how well my system was going to run it, since it's a 3 yr old system. I am able to play on low settings, just have to kill all unnecessary tasks. I'll be able to enjoy the game, until i can build a new rig.

I will be pre-ordering at Best Buy next week, to get the SpectActs skins.

Comment

Haven't met a Battlefield I didn't like. I even borrowed BC1 from a friend briefly to give it a go. A poll like this is going to be kind of biased though since the kind of people who post in a Battlefield forum are far more likely to be players than haters. At least over the long term. You'll get some people passing through looking for a place to vent, but your average reply is going to be positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
                      Haven't met a Battlefield I didn't like. I even borrowed BC1 from a friend briefly to give it a go. A poll like this is going to be kind of biased though since the kind of people who post in a Battlefield forum are far more likely to be players than haters. At least over the long term. You'll get some people passing through looking for a place to vent, but your average reply is going to be positive.
                      I'd rather be surrounded by the positive comments on here, than all the negativity that is going on in the battlelog forums. Nothing but complaints about how the game sucks, because it's not BF 2.5. Endless threads of "This game sucks. I'm cancelling my pre order" "This is too CoD!"

Comment

Wait a minute? Biased when we have people like Red and Rambo and who knows whom else be lurking and coming in from the other areas?

If its biased its because people remaind silent. If they dont choose to vote, nothing I can do about that and I cant really place the poll anywhere else.

Crunch

Comment

The 1942 demo helped me decide to pre-order every BF title since. I will support he BF franchise no matter how bad their titles get just because it's a major part of my childhood.

That being said I had low expectations for the beta as I knew it was mostly about EA wanting to test their servers. If they wanted to give us a real representation of the game they would have released an actual demo.

Comment

Decided not to get it. Just not worth the money plus having to upgrade the PC to be able to play competitively. I'll wait a couple of months maybe after Christmas once most of the bugs and hacks are weaned out. And maybe I'll have a better idea if there's a Com Rose and VOIP of some kind.

Seems kinda crazy how some of those folks went hardcore and ranked up as high as they have sploitz or not. I think I'll put my time and energy into real life...go outside...work on my house...talk to women...something like that.
                            "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

The operation metro map for almost the whole beta made me start to rethink my pre-order. Once I found a lag free Caspain border server, my confidence in this game was restored. I may still cancel my Origin pre-order though if Steam ends up selling the game. I'm no Steam mark, but it would be nice to have all my games in one place.

Comment

Working...
                              X