Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do air vehicle movements need to be improved in BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do air vehicle movements need to be improved in BF3?

Finally flew a chopper. They seem slooooow. At least i can fly it, unlike the choppers in BC2. They set up the flight controllers i was use to, in 2142.

Comment

I stand corrected regarding the jets. After flying in them a bit and adjusting my sensitivity settings, I managed to do well in them consistently. Unlocked the missiles earlier and it makes everything so much easier. But they do need to fix the collision system. It's terrible. Plus I don't like the unlimited afterburner, which makes it much harder to evade enemy jets in a dogfight. I would also like a separate jet and infantry sensitivity slider, and I still think the disable vehicle needs to be decreased.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I think so far the Jets are much better incorporated into the game than in BF2. I really feel they played the perfect role in 1942/DC in that they were support vehicles. You could certainly turn the tides of the battle with them, but they were able to be countered and were generally used to support the ground forces rather than be all out murder machines. In BF2 there lacked a unison between ground forces and air forces and as well between armor and infantry. In BF3 it's nice to see the air power once again playing a support role as well as infantry moving together with armor.

That being said the 50% HP disable feature is absolutely ridiculous and the jets seem very sluggish and slow. I don't think an increase in speed/maneuverability would make them any more powerful, but rather just add more skill to dogfighting.

Comment

Had a great time with the jets yesterday, granted i did not unlock the missiles yet, but going WW2 with he F18 was not bad, i got to SU35s disabled, and one chopper not bad for my it just takes a bit to get used to, if memory serves me right i believe BF2 they were faster..i.e. supersonic rofl.

Comment

Yeah, jets in BF3 seem to be more realistc as far as speed goes (and video games go). On the ground, they are so fast and they are zipping around like crazy, but in the air they seem to not be moving at all. Its like watching those arial cockpit cams, they seem to not be moving at all but they are actually breaking the sound barrier.

I crashed head on with an enemy plane when I was first dog fighting. They seemed so far away and then all of a sudden they were right there. We were going at each other with canons blazing and he wasnt getting any larger, so I thought he was far away still, next thing I know we slam into each other and its double suicide.

Reminded me of tornados. If you see one and it looks like its standing still, that means its coming at you.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Elder
              I think so far the Jets are much better incorporated into the game than in BF2. I really feel they played the perfect role in 1942/DC in that they were support vehicles. You could certainly turn the tides of the battle with them, but they were able to be countered and were generally used to support the ground forces rather than be all out murder machines. In BF2 there lacked a unison between ground forces and air forces and as well between armor and infantry. In BF3 it's nice to see the air power once again playing a support role as well as infantry moving together with armor.

That being said the 50% HP disable feature is absolutely ridiculous and the jets seem very sluggish and slow. I don't think an increase in speed/maneuverability would make them any more powerful, but rather just add more skill to dogfighting.
              Agree on the 50%, it needs to be lower like 35 or 25% and make the continous damage lower; after you get disabled death is not far, make the extinguisher and repairs bring you back to 60%.

But no speed increase unless Stingers get more lock on distance, lock on speed, or missle speed increase; last day of beta there were already guys dodging the damn things, if jets were any faster the Stinger would be useless.

Comment

Working...
              X