Good/Bad things from the Beta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good/Bad things from the Beta.

Especially in a beta where the stats will be reset and the glitch fixed in release.

Comment

I do like how the weapons feel and handle, and the movement. It does have its times when it feels intense and you are actually looking around you for possible enemies surrounding you.

Animations are great, though they are hampered by shoddy collision sometimes. A heart wrenching screenshot of my guy reaching for his gun (because it happened to fall near his hand when I died) was ruined by the fact his arm was clipping through the escalator. But this section is really a minor in both the good and bad columns.

Comment

Does anyone else have to spam the deploy button to get in?

Also there are still some invisible walls in the first area, especially around the rocks near B. But they aren't as bad as they were in the alpha.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

New con:
          In previous games the scoring didn't start before the minimum number of players were present, but you were free to mess around.
          In BF3 you are unable to do anything at all.
          That means no more entering an empty server to learn how to use vehicles and weapons. I believe that is a bigger setback than you would think at first.

Pro:
          The Anti Air vehicles are awesome. Its like a combination of a LAV and an A10. I could see them becoming my favorite vehicle

Comment

Btw., did anybody manage to unlock the guided shells for the Tank?
            I didn't unlock much myself, but this video worries me. A lot.

Comment

Thats awesome and I wouldnt worry about it as smoke/flares would counter that feature. It looks like his own smoke didnt stop it, but I am sure its fixed on release.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                Thats awesome and I wouldnt worry about it as smoke/flares would counter that feature. It looks like his own smoke didnt stop it, but I am sure its fixed on release.
                It looks anti-awesome to me. No more taking advantage of cover and calculating ballistics. Instead its a game of lock and smoke

Comment

Yeah, modern technology is great!

Dont worry Vreki, Im sure it will be bugged most the time and simple things like going into trees or close to cover will cause the shell to hit that instead and then smoke will stop it from working, forcing the guy to go manual.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I must admit I had more enjoyment from the armor/mobile AA than i have in any battlefield game yet, more so because of the lack of joystick mapping so I didn't get to do any flying :icon_salute_blue:

it feels like they finally got the balance right with the coaxial and main gun on the main battle tanks, reminds me allot of the things POE2 and USI did right in their mods with the armor and the mobile AA. when you unlock the guided shell can you then chose between it and the regular AP round in game or is it perk that must be chosen before spawning? mobile AA was much more enjoyable after you learn to lead targets and unlock the thermocamo, it's just so hard to judge distance on caspian with that crystal clear no FOW battlefield.

AA needs a target range indicator/readout to help judge lead distance that works a little better, at-least in the Tunguska and the stationary units, a perk to have the ability to turn off the radar but also disable all weapon for balance so you don't show up for air to ground missiles would of been nice too, like POE2 had.

Comment

The only problem I see with the guided shells (those exist?!) is that he can switch to the unguided shells too fast. If they put a delay in so that isn't as effective I don't see it as being a problem. Balance it by making the reload time slower than using unguided.
                      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

What the!

If there is really guided tank shells in this game im going to rage quit and punch some babies.

Comment

Like the loads of guns, accessories, sound, gfx, player animations when working correctly. Only got to play Caspian few rounds but had a blast, much more the BF experience I was looking for. The getting shot behind cover was the most aggravating part, other then not being able to squad up with friends.

Comment

Working...
                          X