Good/Bad things from the Beta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good/Bad things from the Beta.

Though that was a great feature, it was really buggy and the weapons would get all skewed and the player wouldnt hold them correctly.

It may be put back on release, hard to say.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Also, has anyone seen someone coming out of a corner like they are riding a bike? you know, bike cornering?

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
        Also, has anyone seen someone coming out of a corner like they are riding a bike? you know, bike cornering?
        Yes as well as the unicycle look when you sight in and look up at the tree, you lean back like you are in a seat.

Another good one is hit an enemy directly with a rocket from the engi class and they will go flying back with the rocket.

I have to say Frostbite 2.0 with ANT makes for some funny animations.

Crunch

Comment

Direct impact point blank from an SV98 will send the enemy flying. Fun when they think they can sneak up on you to knife you and you shoot them and watch them go sailing. I will put that under my likes.

Comment

Another thing i don't like is that it takes too long to get back into action after being revived. And when spawning on a squad mate or even the recon radio, there is like a 1 sec black screen delay. That delay can get you killed right away after spawning. I liked the BC2 spawn time. It was instant and you were not disoriented.

Comment

People flying is so hilarious, I once shot a dude point blank with the M98B and he went out of the map hahaha.

But nothing like the BF2 arty flying animation...

Edit: Talk about flying stuff...

Comment

I was just watching that video. It should be titled WTF!

Crunch

Comment

Ill start with the bad, cus its going to be a long post, and no one reads the good stuff anyway. PC gamer perspective, forgive my poor English, not native.

-AWARDS SUCK, both requirements and amount.. they lack CREATIVITY on requirements, I love bf for its awards, BF2 where a little bit too much on requirements, BF2142 was perfect in my opinion (in amount layout and requirements), BC2 was so so, more on the bad side.. BF3... OMG it sucks, the only thing that got absolutely no love whatsoever.
                  -Squads, can't do em, can't switch em, can't make them private, can't be squad leader... they are only 4 man squads, imagine a 64 player server, it going to go from A to Z on squads.
                  -That jump animation was cool the first 3 jumps, now it makes me sick, make him jump in different ways, he needs this animation to jump over trash can on the floor... come on, is not that big.
                  -Rank amount seems ok, rank requirements seem to be absolutely low... multiply them by... 25 or something...
                  -Origin, why do I need that... o wait I remember, DICE is now EA's little bia... thats why.
                  -the Map (M key) sucks, where am I... there, between those 2 blue blocks.. what blocks... those.. can't you see em... the one that is a building and the one that is a container... oh those...... its useless, what happened with my high def map, where it shows me, my buddies, the objectives/flags, the vehicles, the coordinates, the camping enemies my friends have spotted for my sniper scope.... none of those are there.
                  -Can't change my kit unless I'm dead, and since the respawn button is presented to me after the screen comes up, then I hit the button and forget to change kits...
                  -Can't change settings / key binding unless I'm alive, come on... who made this menu decisions... should be fired... make him play the game a while and have him change settings for 15 minutes to see how many times he gets knifed from the back...
                  -Where is my commo rose?
                  -Give me a button put map for my bipod, the characters keeps putting it in the wrong places, and I can't shoot a thing, toggle button here please.!!
                  -They put a COD map... for attracting players to the game... not a single vehicle... wow... when did the game stop being Battlefield and was renamed to Codfield.
                  -My character has no balls, seriously, nade at 8 feet come on.. its not a brick he is trowing.
                  -Why I can't have the same weapons on both sides? the first main weapon is different on US and on USSR, why is that.... give me my weapons.
                  -Radio beacon on sniper.. so they didn't knew what to put, and gave them the only item that should go to the squad leader. Shame on dice, give the sniper the claymores or something.
                  -Flares on planes is an unlock... OMG.. what are you thinking.
                  -AA tubes are way to overpowered, shoot and forget... no way, you need to make it target while on sight, if shooter dies, missiles flyes to the limbo (don't blow it up in case it accidentally hits something and turns into a battlefield moment)
                  -Commander should be there... but with some improvements, let him fly the UAV, shoot artillery 1 by 1, drop transports, let it only be the highest ranking officer of the round.
                  -Shooting glass, OMG is half the game bullet proof or something??, 3 to 4 bullets for the smallest of glasses to break. just wow.
                  -flashlight outdoors, getting blind at about 50 feet on the outside is just weird.
                  -scope blight, i have mixed feelings about this, feels cool, but seems to shine from everywhere, should only shine when my flashlight is hitting it directly or when sun is..
                  -health and ammo indicator are there but not when you need them... make them big red, nasty, flashing when you are low on life or ammo, make a little overlay for when I'm about to die, like .. any other battlefield out there.
                  -health and ammo box are HUGE!!!, I know its a battlefield game and all, but have you need that crates... come one.. this looks like harry potter magic wallet... next thing he pulls out is a camping tent
                  -why is my character trowing the ammo/health box when I selected... keep it on your hand... run and heal.
                  -Key Mapping fails on 2 buttons on my G500 mouse...
                  -Hacks already... wow.... we are screwed.

What I do like

-Shift key to hold breath while sniper... cool
                  -flashlight, red dot, laser, IR, wow... lots of scopes... cool.
                  -Award design, they seem rather nice.
                  -Graphics, hopping to see them in all its glory on Ultra settings
                  -destruction is really nice, looks like a Matrix movie (or a runner up).
                  -Bullet drop, damage, recoil, they all seem spot on (if you suck shooting is cus this is the only thing that doesn't looks like COD, gotcha!)
                  -Prone... nice.
                  -we can now tell where is north and where is south... was hopping for something like BF2:PR, but i guess this should do the trick for now.
                  -lighting effects from bullets and rockets... wow... brings the game alive.
                  -the way things blow in the air when broken, papers and stuff... cool
                  -detail on the map, look really nice, and it does seems like a real location, very good design.

I'll leave it there...

Comment

C4 immediately disappears when you get killed. If you get revived and detonate, nothing happens, because your C4 is gone. Boooo! And a lot of the times, the blast gets you through walls, and i am not talking about destructible walls.

Comment

Is there a way to turn the tac light on and off?

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                        T ,as in "turn off that damn thing"

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                          DPad UP in the consoles.

Comment

another WTF moment solved......clan members found this guy...they believe he was shooting at nachos through the walls.........but maybe just an animation glitch?

I really didn't know where else to post this, maybe we need a specific "glitch" thread in hopes of them being corrected.

just a FYI....looks like a couple hax creators have released free haxs for the beta today, they are posted all over the battlelog forums....looks like they are demoing their talents as well..........so with no PB it could get messy.

Comment

Originally posted by .:DoA:.Power
                              another WTF......we were wondering how the heck this guy was raking up so many kills....couldn't find him.....he was shooting through the damn wall.........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]897[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]898[/ATTACH]
                              *runs to try it out*

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                                *runs to try it out*
                                I was hoping it was just an animation glitch.....it's not....it's more shitty mesh collision and the guy IS shooting through the wall, he went to that same spot 6 rounds in a row for his eazy kills, it's amazing how many people would trade off game play and teamwork for skilless kills. I've seen people doing it on other sections of that same hallway as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X