Good/Bad things from the Beta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good/Bad things from the Beta.

Seeing we are all posting the good/bad stuff from the beta in different threads, It's hard to keep track on some comments.
    So, post here the stuff you like, and the things you don't.

Re: Good/Bad things from the Beta.

Stuff I don't like, they gave us prettied up Alpha code instead of a cut down version of the final game. Reading a lot of "this has already been addressed (fixed) in the final game" in the forums and it bugs the hell out of me. I was hoping to help them find issues for a release day patch, not at how oblivious we can be to how small the changes were from the Alpha to the point where they are pointing out the minor changes they made to balancing to ONE friggen map we have gotten to play and magnanimous EA is for the privilege of playing this buggy version when the final went to press almost 3 months ago. To add insult to injury, they only allow a limited number of players the privilege to play one 2 64 player servers demoing Caspian on conquest as a big deal when they have already said this isn't even the biggest map, the scale of which is actually pretty minor compared to BF2 maps. Not all of us come from CoD and are looking for a run and gun, some of us actually started out with BF1942, bought all the friggen expansions, loved Desert Combat and really enjoyed BF2 and 2142 (WTF).

Also the number of hackers in game is going through the roof, the aim assist with mouse sensitivity set to max is damn near an aimbot (don't believe me, try it yourself or watch youtube videos that explain how to "abuse" the console aim assist in the PC version) and even the lowest ping servers can get laggy as hell showing that we maybe instore for BF2 level messed up net code.

What I like, the controls feel nice, almost COD nice, customization to load outs on the fly is great and Battlelog isn't that bad. The controls how ever were already inplace in BC2 and MoH and the on the fly customization is nothing new either.

Comment

Bad

-Can barely throw grenades 10 ft.
      -Can't access options unless you are spawned
      -Medkits and ammo boxes feel like bricks. They can actually break walls, lol. (Not lying)
      -Bullets go through rocks.
      -Constantly getting killed after i turn the corner.
      -Falling through the floor. I hope this doesn't turn out like 2142 where there were ton of wall glitches.

There's more, but that's all i can think of now.

Comment

Bad:
        EA/Dice seems to be getting more and more out of touch with the community, to a point where we now suspect them of outright lying.
        Their "vision" for BF seems to have changed drastically. Their showcase map is a campers dream, the teamwork tools were not important enough to make it into the Beta etc. Despite all their talking, they seem to be focusing on creating an improved COD.

Good:
        Lots of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          Bad:
          EA/Dice seems to be getting more and more out of touch with the community, to a point where we now suspect them of outright lying.
          Their "vision" for BF seems to have changed drastically. Their showcase map is a campers dream, the teamwork tools were not important enough to make it into the Beta etc. Despite all their talking, they seem to be focusing on creating an improved COD.

Good:
          Lots of potential.
          Everything that I've seen from Caspian tells me they haven't, but they are heavily marketing towards COD players since MW3 is already THE hot holiday gift. Now if this beta is anything like the BC2 beta, which was a friggen mess and this is really the game we are getting on release, it will be a disaster. They really don't have a good track record for their last couple of titles (Mirror's Edge was about the most innovative).

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
            Bad

-Can barely throw grenades 10 ft.
            -Can't access options unless you are spawned
            -Medkits and ammo boxes feel like bricks. They can actually break walls, lol. (Not lying)
            -Bullets go through rocks.
            -Constantly getting killed after i turn the corner.
            -Falling through the floor. I hope this doesn't turn out like 2142 where there were ton of wall glitches.

There's more, but that's all i can think of now.
            you have to select the grenade with the scroll wheel and you can throw it much further,the "G" button just throws it 10 meters like you said.

Cons:

Doesnt seem to be very Epic
            Small arse map.
            Its Dice
            Buggy as hell after 3 years of development(EA stoners?)

Pro's

Beta is free
            Prone

Since dice has given us the shitty of shittiest map they could bring themselves to make, "Metro" .My judgement is on that map and resentment that this is the map PC players got.

Maybe its the 24 player console map lol.

Comment

My only Con about the Beta.
              -The mortars aren't in the Beta :angryman:

Comment

flashlights for the win!!! I'd say the flashlights shouldn't be brighter than the sun......just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Vreki
                Bad:

Good:
                Lots of potential.

get yo camp on!

but yes, i think any battlefield veteran will tell you , all they are trying to do with this beta is get preorders from COD players, there was never any intention of testing much but infantry or they wouldn't of forgotten all about the vehicles.....the battlefield part.

Comment

For the love of god, SQUADS. It goes without saying! I really have no idea what EA is thinking with this jacked up squad system. How are you going to put such an emphasis on playing with friends, if they cant perform the simple function of joining squads together? The 4 man squads are bad enough, but not even being able to choose what squad you're in? DUMB!

Get your shit together EA.

Comment

-People revived have their pistol equipped instead of their primary.
                    -Shotguns are useful beyond point-blank rank (not counting slugs.)
                    -Basic class weapons don't feel inferior to unlocks.
                    -Weapon Damage: Feels somewhere between BC2 normal and HC.
                    -Prone

Cons:
                    -Tactical Light on by default
                    -No way to manage game settings from Battlelog
                    -Squad management
                    -No ComoRose yet (ie- no way to request Ammo. Tried the old method of targeting a Support guy and hitting "Q")

Comment

Great thread guys! I will have to post up my pros and cons later, but it seems most are being mentioned already.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Haven't really got that much to add but the lack of any proper in game squad management is a major problem, and diffinitely needs to be resolved.

Commo rose is in final, and has been confirmed so that just shows DICE really do listen, so I'm quitely optimistic that the game will have a lot of these missing features added in future, if not for the retail release, hopefully in a future patch. Afteral community is everything, and DICE knows that.
                        Battlelog; jeffb7

Comment

OK, its lunch time and lets see if I can get this going:

First, I liked the beta. I think DICE could have done better using Caspian Border, but like everyone else said, they are trying to sell to the CoD crowd. I am OK with that because of the Caspian leaks and I liked BC2. Metro was what I expected it to be for a rush map in both the beta and alpha. So it would have been more awesome to have both the maps, but sometimes thats not an option.

*Being able to try out all the weapons.
                          *The damage. Im afraid they are going to beef it up like they did in BC2, which I still think is a mistake.
                          *Lasers
                          *Night vision scopes
                          *How they changed the support/assault/engi/recon classes.
                          *Default weapons are nice for both sides and as a new player.
                          *Battlelog overall is really nice.
                          *The gadget selection methods.
                          *The destruction works well.
                          *The FPS I was able to get even without having the highest end video card.
                          *Graphics and audio are amazing.
                          *Prone
                          *The animations of the soldiers

Disklikes:
                          *Flashlight is too bright.
                          *Using "R" to reload AND pickup weapons. Its stupid and I keep picking up weapons instead of reloading.
                          *The glint on the rifle scopes are too much and you can see it through objects (bug) and in totally dark areas with no light.
                          *How unstable the map was. Im afraid other maps are going to have glitches after they made that impossible in BC2.
                          *Creating squads. We have a thread on that and I hope its a misunderstanding.
                          *Having to be alive in a game in order to configure your settings or to exit the game.
                          *I think ranking is still too fast, maybe it will slow down moreso as I continue the chain, but its pretty fast.
                          *Server files being leaked already.
                          *The rank system already compromised.
                          *Origin. There is no reason to have it running with BF3. It doesnt even integrate with Battlelog. They are using it as a way to make sure you paid for the game, Im sure of it.

All the bugs and server crashes I totally understand as this is a beta, so Im not listing any of that. I did mention the map glitching, but I can see that being on release and thats not cool.

I think thats everything.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Tons of weapons.
                            Tons of customization options.
                            Engine.
                            Sound.
                            It's Battlefield!, even though the map is for another crowd.
                            Prone.
                            Sniping is amazing, can't wait to snipe on huge maps.

Dislikes:

Op Metro.
                            Flashlights = Light of Jesus.
                            Glint of rifles is too much, maybe under direct light it's ok, but in the darkest places of Op Metro it's just dumb.
                            Squad system.
                            Should have better grenade physics.
                            No nade cooking.

Me playing it on 360 until I get my new PC

Comment

The game seems to have lots of potential, but it could be so much better without these small aspects that are bugging me out. It's so stupid, it's like they are a great company, with a lot of people and so mutch work, money and greatness putted into the game and then they have these small and stupid issues that even a smaller company with a worse game could have fixed
                              Heres some copypastes from you and i highlighted the ones that bug me out the most:

Flashlights = Light of Jesus.
                              Squad system.
                              *Using "R" to reload AND pickup weapons. Its stupid and I keep picking up weapons instead of reloading.
                              Should have better grenade physics.
                              Can't access options AND class customization unless you are spawned
                              Medkits and ammo boxes feel like bricks. They can actually break walls, lol. (Not lying)
                              Constantly getting killed after i turn the corner.
                              I can't play the game because it is way too slow xD (no seriously, when comparing to some games i can barely notice the difference from the high to the low setting, because the low setting still has a lot of dynamic lights, shadows and crazy ass blooms and reflections that drop performance a lot, i'm sure some of those could be removed xD for me to be able to play )

Tell me something, why did they remove the soldier preview from the alpha when customizing weapons?!?!

EDIT: i also hope they do not change the damage, i think it feels great and just the lag needs to be fixed, because sometimes you have no chance to retaliate, you just get all red hit markers n your screen at the same time and drop dead

Comment

Working...
                              X