Recon spawn radios. Too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recon spawn radios. Too much?

wow, well then they should make it so you can't imo, choice then between risking that you keep pushing through enemy territory, or setting up a tactical spawn that is a bit safer but further away

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly
      Since SL doesn't have the meaning it once did from the looks of it. Just make it really easy to detect, ie- it gets it's own 3d spotted icon if any enemy player walks with "X" (very generous) radius.
      It's already got it, it even shows on th eminimap when you get close enough.

What gives it away is the loud "ME!" it does when you walk withing ten meters of it.

Or the fact the sometimes you will walk by, and throw a grenade, and the just spawned enemy will go OH NOES GRENADE! TAKE COVER! *shrugs*

It's fine as it is.

Comment

I haven't learned to recognize it yet then.

Did anyone play Caspian Border and notice you came down via parachute when spawning on a squad beacon? I was playing as Recon and put my beacon behind the buildings at the toll booth (D?) and when I spawned on it, was very surprised to be coming down in a chute. I promptly died.

Was that a patch, or do they work differently in different maps or game modes? Because in Metro, I'd put it behind a tree and spawn right there. And what about underground?

I could also never seem to get it to "stick" on the first try.

Comment

Acording to Demize a week ago he said you are suppose to parachute in and if its under something or in a building, you spawn on it.

So it may have changed. The game has changed sooooo much since the beta that there is no telling how its going to be, which is crazy because we just finished the beta.

Some other interview thing said there are now color codes on the radio so when it is not in a place it can be placed, the crosshairs are red and when it can be placed, becomes yellow.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
            I haven't learned to recognize it yet then.

Did anyone play Caspian Border and notice you came down via parachute when spawning on a squad beacon? I was playing as Recon and put my beacon behind the buildings at the toll booth (D?) and when I spawned on it, was very surprised to be coming down in a chute. I promptly died.

Was that a patch, or do they work differently in different maps or game modes? Because in Metro, I'd put it behind a tree and spawn right there. And what about underground?

I could also never seem to get it to "stick" on the first try.
            On Operation meatgrinder I love it, the beacon works like the early BF2142 beacon: you spawn on it.

On Caspian, it depends; if under a roof, you spawn on it. If in the open, you get to play shoot at me Im tasty and give points for free on the parachute.

And the only real "flaw" with it is you can't tell if a beacon is enemy or friendly until someone spawns on it. when you are really close to it you see a small circle with an arrow pointing upward swirling all the colors of the rainbow, and withing ten meters of it, it makes a loud BEEP noise.

Inside structures is hard to see, but it has a ten foot long antenna and it's almost as big as an ammo box, very hard to miss, and harder to discern whose side it's on.

Comment

So the ideal place to put it is going to be under something that will force you spawn on it, but not in an area that's going to be commonly traveled by the enemy. This actually sounds like a guide worthy topic. Good places to place the beacon near each objective on each map. Handy knowledge for Attacker and Defender both.

I think it will also be worth teaching "Spawn Beacon Etiquette."

1.) Do not engage enemies until you are a suitable distance away so as not to give away the beacon's position.

2.) If you spawn and die immediately, let the rest of the squad know the beacon is being camped.

Comment

Working...
              X