Recon spawn radios. Too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recon spawn radios. Too much?

What do you guys think about the recon spawn radios, and the ability of everyone in the squad being able to lay one down?

If a squad of 4 all laid down a radio and someone in the squad dies, that player would have 7 choices for spawn points. I think it's a bit too much. Sometimes i've been able to spawn on a radio that is 1 set of Mcomms back. Can easily creep up behind the enemies, or just base camp (No, i haven't done that. lol) Yeah, you can destroy them easily. But i can see them being an annoyance in the bigger and more open maps.

The radio reminds me of 2142's Squad leader beacon. They should only allow SLs to use these. Since they are pretty pointless in BF3.

Re: Recon spawn radios. Too much?

It doesn't take much for the enemy to camp the spawn radio. Most of the time it is instant death.

Comment

I agree I like the radio, but it is too much. Should be sl only, once they fix squads that is.

That or first one down is it or the second one makes the first go away.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

yep, should be sl only just like 2142

Comment

Oddly enough, I don't see many people using them. I use one almost every round on rush (get behind enemy lines --> plant radio --> easy wins). But once more people catch on and learn how to detect them, I think it can become ridiculous. Limiting it to the SL makes perfect sense.
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Oh thats what it for, heres me trying to wip people on the arse with it to get kills, I got a few

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
              Oh thats what it for, heres me trying to wip people on the arse with it to get kills, I got a few
              lol. First, i thought it was a claymore mine. I laid it down and an enemy went by and i wondered why he didn't blow up. lol. I hadn't bothered reading the description, i just saw how it planted it in the ground, and thought it was claymore.

Comment

Its a mistake.
                Soon every windmill, tower and other hard to reach camping spots will have one of those.

They are enabling the worst kind of campers, who now can respawn in the same spot 30s after they are eliminated.

ETA: Also, as I remember the BF2142 beacon:
                *SL only
                *An unlock that required you did actual SL work to get it, keeping it away from the lone wolves
                *You did not spawn on it, but arrived in a flaming drop-pod making it obvious where the beacon was.
                *Outside only.

Comment

Completely agree with you Vreki.

Comment

I found this on the offcial forums

Step 1: Be a Recon in the defending team.
                    Step 2: Place your mobile spawnpoint somewhere in their base
                    Step 3: Switch teams
                    Step 4: Spawn on your mobile spawnpoint that is still there even though you switched teams.
                    Step 5: Enjoy shooting people in the back.

Also, feel free to change kits because it will still be there

Comment

I may be trying that in the near future
                      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Yeah I can only agree it should be Squad Leader only, or have a huge noise or something to balance the fact everyone can place a radio.

Comment

Since SL doesn't have the meaning it once did from the looks of it. Just make it really easy to detect, ie- it gets it's own 3d spotted icon if any enemy player walks with "X" (very generous) radius.

Comment

they should make it so you can't spawn on the person anymore if they have placed their beacon

unless thats how it already is, oddly enough in all my hours playing I haven't noticed if that is the case haha

Comment

Its not, you can still spawn on the radio planter(s).

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X