BF3 Speed Test Battlelog vs. In-game Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Speed Test Battlelog vs. In-game Browser

I had the idea to make a video like this some time ago and so yeah, I made it. It's a very unscientific test to see whether Battlelog or the in-game browser (in BC2) is faster. Of course this could vary depending on your PC.

Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Re: BF3 Speed Test Battlelog vs. In-game Browser

Yeah, I'll buy that. It does seem to get me in game a bit quicker. Going through a browser will just take a little getting use to...but it doesn't bother me too much. All the available info is kind of nice.

Comment

Epic soundtrack

Comment

Originally posted by Chief82
        Yeah, I'll buy that. It does seem to get me in game a bit quicker. Going through a browser will just take a little getting use to...but it doesn't bother me too much. All the available info is kind of nice.
        Yeah, it's a bit strange. I think Battlelog has actually degraded in quality since the alpha, but perhaps it is just a side-effect of of more people accessing it.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Well done. I am seeing the same speed with me using Steam BC2 vs. Origin BF3. I was going to make a video as well on this, but I dont see much point now

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah from my memory the BC2 browser system was clunky. And knowing Dice they seem to continually drop the ball on their server browsers.

Comment

How are the pings supposed to be accurate? If a webserver in Texas gets a 50ms ping to a server and I join it in the UK my ping is going to be 200+. The ping count is useless in this browser, they need to add a region filter; North West Europe/South West Europe/Eastern Europe/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
                How are the pings supposed to be accurate? If a webserver in Texas gets a 50ms ping to a server and I join it in the UK my ping is going to be 200+. The ping count is useless in this browser, they need to add a region filter; North West Europe/South West Europe/Eastern Europe/etc.
                Because the Battlelog installs something on your end so that the ping is coming from your PC to the game server, not the web browser.

Comment

I think Battlelog works very well, it really surprised me.

Comment

Working...
                  X