Some info on how your GFX card can run BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some info on how your GFX card can run BF3

I do not know how legit this is but its fun to know these things, anyways i will leave it to you guys to have a gander.

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 If you saw our post last week about the rapidly expanding PC market, then you no doubt understand the large influence that PC gamers have over the

Re: Some info on how your GFX card can run BF3

Very interesting, thanks for sharing either way! I wonder how my overclocked 550ti will run it tho, it seems to be almost there...
    PSN: Xclusiveitalian
    Steam: Stryker
    Origin: Xclusiveitalian
    Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Interesting, eager to see how my 570 classified will do.

Comment

I dont believe it. It takes more than just a graphics card to get good FPS. You have a bottleneck in other parts of your system and you will take a huge hit.

Also, as pointed out before by Ranger, the 500 series Nvidia card only has a 10 to 15% increase in performance over its 400 series counterpart. You can also see this by comparing the cards to different benchmarks all over the internet. Yet looking at the charts the 460 is at the low end of medium while the 560 is at the low end of high. So either the 460 is too low or the 560 is too high.

But anyway, good thing there is a beta so people can try this out for themselves.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

This already seems very wrong. Why? Because according to the devs the "Recommended" specs will be good for "Medium" settings. SLI'd GTX 580's will be needed to run on the highest settings (IE: Above "recommended") is what they said.

If they're considering "Recommended" to be capable of running on the highest graphical settings, then this entire article is extremely wrong.

Comment

I really think the difference between Max and Ultra will be minimal. Some tessellation here and there maybe.

I'm not a fan of AA and all of those other settings, as long as I can run them at 4x I'm ok, 16x is for stupidly big screens IMO.

Comment

Yeah, thats also a good point, Zips.

One other thing I forgot are the new drivers. 38% performance boost. Thats HUGE and just because you updated your software. So does that mean the 460 is now low High?

So, I still wouldnt put too much in this article.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I honestly do not believe that at all. My system specs:

q6600@ 2.7 GHz
                4 GIGS DDR2
                Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 Overclocked

While I know it's getting old, I can max out every game out there right now just fine. I highly doubt my card will only perform on low-med. I think it's a bunch of overhyped BS, they are just trying to push the newer cards to make money IMO.

Comment

Well, I guess we're one day close to finding out how it turns out.

Comment

well I'm sorta happy with med-high. But I want a 6970 so I can go high at least with some room for more FPS. Though a 6990 would be nice... $800 minus shipping while being really fucking lucky on Ebay is still out of my price range (I think the average for the 6990 is around $900). Don't know much about nvidia though. What are their cards like?

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                      well I'm sorta happy with med-high. But I want a 6970 so I can go high at least with some room for more FPS. Though a 6990 would be nice... $800 minus shipping while being really fucking lucky on Ebay is still out of my price range (I think the average for the 6990 is around $900). Don't know much about nvidia though. What are their cards like?
                      I can have FRAPS benchmark my 6970 when the Beta is out.

Meanwhile: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDC...iewdriver.aspx

Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series for single GPU configurations

•Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
                      •Enables support for Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
                      But right now the file seems to be corrupted, a lot of people are reporting errors when trying to install it.

Comment

I've always been an Nvidia guy, never liked ATI, tons of problems with their drivers (or at least in the past)

My recommendation is, stay with your GPU running med-high, and upgrade in 2012, supposedly new cards will hit the market Q1 2012. (GTX600series and AMD's 7000s)

Comment

I only got a 6870. But yeah, I'm waiting for the 7000's to come out and I might pick myself up a 6970 then (Because I'm a cheap bastard).

I dunno, while I do see that ATI suck at making drivers... I still prefer them for some reason.

Comment

it's all just speculative garbage gamernexus put out and WAY too many people are taking as fact, I see this same graph being taken as fact by so many websites today, I mean it's a performance graph for a game that hasn't been released nor benchmarked with absolutely no consideration taken for gaming resolution.....if that doesn't scream FAIL i don't know what does....it's all made up off the top of someones head.

If you look at the screenshots of the settings menu below you can see there are a multitude of new eyecandy options now, I have to imagine turning down just a few will drastically improve FPS while keeping a killer looking game even for mediocre video cards.

Take Ambient occlusion in BFBC2, I honestly can not see a difference that's truly worth the 20FPS hit it takes on performance for the majority of players. I have a feeling we will have even more instances just like HBAO in BFBC2 with the new eyecandy.

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
                            I've always been an Nvidia guy, never liked ATI, tons of problems with their drivers (or at least in the past)

My recommendation is, stay with your GPU running med-high, and upgrade in 2012, supposedly new cards will hit the market Q1 2012. (GTX600series and AMD's 7000s)

Blasphemy!!! hehe.....First thing I ask anyone is do they want multiple monitors (eyefinity) or do they want 3D, then go from there, if neither than i always recommend ATI simply for the price to performance ratio, especially with this current generation, you can basically get 3 of the top end ATI GPUs for the price of 2 Nvidia, or very close at-least.

I wouldn't recommend anyone necessarily hold out a purchase for the next gen, especially if they are hurting in the hardware department right now. I waiters always loose out and I have a bad feeling were looking at a good 6 months before we see the next gen from either camp actually hit the shelves, they are having some serious issues with the chips and dies. Besides, the more often you upgrade the more you can get for your used equipment on resale and then reinvest....gotta keep the ball of wax rolling.......

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                              Blasphemy!!! hehe.....Fist thing I ask anyone is do they want multiple monitors (eyefinity) or do they want 3D, then go from there, if neither than i always recommend ATI simply for the price to performance ratio, especially with this current generation, you can basically get 3 equivalent ATI GPUs for the price of 2 Nvidia.

I wouldn't recommend anyone necessarily hold out a purchase for the next gen, especially if they are hurting in the hardware department right now. I waiters always loose out and I have a bad feeling were looking at a very good 6 months before we see the next gen from either camp hit the shelves, they are having some serious issues with the chips and dies. besides, the more often you upgrade the more you can get for your used equipment on resale and then reinvest....gotta keep the ball of wax rolling.......
                              Thank heavens! I thought I might have been wrong all this time! I saw a comparison review of the Top of the line cards and it kept swaying towards the nvidia side pricewise, which went against what I've been told and seen. I still prefer ATI despite that, its just something about ATI that I like over nvidia... I can't put my finger on it though.

But yeah, I'm basically waiting for the next gen to come out so I can go current-gen-near-top-of-line because I am a cheap bastard as I said. Still swaying towards that 6970. But I am rather saddened about having to give up my recently purchased 6870 around next year. Was hoping to modify this rig as little as possible and just keep it as a souvenir as the first gaming rig I ever built (because I am just that sentimental... wow... what a weirdo...)

Comment

Working...
                              X