Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official System Requirements

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
    How will a GTX480 cope (Im not up to date with the latest cards). I would assume the GTX560 is more powerful than the 480 so yours wouldnt make the recommended?
    A 580 is just a 480 with a slight higher clock and a new kind of cooler.

Comment

any news on how well the 6870 performs? Do plan on getting a 6970 when the 7000's get released as I said earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
        any news on how well the 6870 performs? Do plan on getting a 6970 when the 7000's get released as I said earlier.
        A reliable source tells me that a 6970 could run the Alpha with medium settings at 5040x1050 around 30 FPS.
        So I would expect that a 6870 can do at least the same on a single monitor.

Comment

Cool. Not as great as what I was expecting, but then again, this is more of a game that will push graphical boundaries. Better start saving soon (the 6970's are at the $400 mark IIRC)

Comment

If BF3 has the longevity that BF2 had (has?) then I think many of us will probably do an upgrade or two during the game's life.

I've just thrown what I consider to be a lot of money at my PC only to find out that I am looking at just above medium settings (i5@4.4GHz and GTX560Ti). I could throw another ยฃ200 at it to go sli and probably still not reach ultra settings at a decent framerate, but a year down the line my present spec will be considered very average and an upgrade will be much cheaper and probably more effective. You have to stop somewhere. Please somebody stop me spending money on my dam PC...

Comment

Agreed, I bought a new PC for BF2 and bought the best video card I could get right away. Lasted me til I upgraded to a 260gtx superclocked and 4gb ram for BC2. Now it looks like I need to get a new cpu/mobo/ram.

Comment

I too think that this game will have a similar lifespan to BF2, that was played solid for 5 years+ It's obvious by the system requirements that they designed this engine to carry us into the future. Sure not everyone can max it out right now, but in 3 years you'll all be pwning at high gfx.

Comment

Just picked up a GTX 560 ti this morning. From my understanding if you meet the recommended requirements you can run the game on high. Hopefully in the future I can get a second one and run it it SLI.

Comment

Way to make my new 6870 feel inadequate bf3, I knew this would happen.

Comment

I heard BF3 will make use of hyperthreading, don't know if this is true, so 2600k users will get a little performance boost.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
                        I heard BF3 will make use of hyperthreading, don't know if this is true, so 2600k users will get a little performance boost.
                        Good job I picked the i7 2600k over the i5 2500k .

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                          I too think that this game will have a similar lifespan to BF2, that was played solid for 5 years+ It's obvious by the system requirements that they designed this engine to carry us into the future. Sure not everyone can max it out right now, but in 3 years you'll all be pwning at high gfx.
                          I'll be powing them fools at 120 FPS with all the bling ON from day 1!!!!

heheheh........but yea, I mean every battlefield game has been future proofed like that. I can remember getting a x1900 corssfirefire setup right when crossfire came out and still couldn't get close to maxing BFV, hell go into BF2 right now and crank the AA to 8x and get in a cluttered karkand server, FPS dip is prevalent even on my rig. I for one welcome the higher system specs with open arms but in the end it's all just eye candy, some of the best players will be the ones with all the eye candy turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                            I'll be powing them fools at 120 FPS with all the bling ON from day 1!!!!
                            Me too man, me too!

I had to upgrade to a Geforce 6200 to even play BF2, and that was still on low settings with sub 30 fps.

Ahh, good times....I remember upgrading to a 9800 around 2007 and was able to play on medium/high......I was blown away lol.

Gonna do it right this time around.

Comment

my 560ti is coming in tomorrow..hopefully and just in time for the beta on the 27th. will be posting how the game ran, i suggest you guys do the same, it will be great to hear how the game ran on different systems.

Comment

I plan to make a few videos showing different things. Should be good

Crunch
                                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                                X