Official System Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official System Requirements

Some of you may have noticed this, but I didn't saw it until I read for a while. So, just in case.

I wonder if it means the 560 can max it... or it's just enough to make it look ok.

Re: Official System Requirements

Thats what i was wondering. Those are pretty hefty "recommended" requirements. I had planned on getting a GTX 570 and that only just makes those requirements!

Comment

This is the first system req's for a major AAA title I've seen that doesn't support XP. Not that I think the game would be able to run well, even if it did support it.

On the subject of steep "recommended" reqs, I'm guessing they plan to use the FB2 engine for a couple years. So it's not unreasonable that current hardware not be able to max it out. We're just used to DX9 based games over the last couple years that haven't kept up with the progress in GFX cards. I just recently upgraded from a pair of 4870's in CFX. Had those for 3yrs. That's the longest any video card has stayed in my main rig. I wasn't playing anything (@1920x1200) that was pushing them to the limit.

$.02

Comment

very similar to the bfbc2 ones. if this is true then the performance from the alpha must have improved a lot

Comment

Those recommend specs have changed. I do believe it originally said Radeon 6850.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
            very similar to the bfbc2 ones. if this is true then the performance from the alpha must have improved a lot
            They basically are the BC2 requirements with a higher GPU, which isn't a surprise as this game is supposed to be more GPU intensive while BC2 was CPU intensive.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
              They basically are the BC2 requirements with a higher GPU, which isn't a surprise as this game is supposed to be more GPU intensive while BC2 was CPU intensive.
              The difference from a console ported game to a real pc game

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                The difference from a console ported game to a real pc game. Also where did you get this from?

Comment

As I said in the beta thread, I'm set. Quadcore q6700 @3.33Ghz (stable again thanks to a new voltage), 4GB RAM and a GTX480; I'm feeling pretty confident.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                    The difference from a console ported game to a real pc game. Also where did you get this from?
                    Repi I believe. I can't remember the exact source.
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I am hoping to pick up a GTX 560ti this weekend.

Comment

Built a pwn i7 2600k system a week ago, bring it on

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                          As I said in the beta thread, I'm set. Quadcore q6700 @3.33Ghz (stable again thanks to a new voltage), 4GB RAM and a GTX480; I'm feeling pretty confident.
                          How will a GTX480 cope (Im not up to date with the latest cards). I would assume the GTX560 is more powerful than the 480 so yours wouldnt make the recommended?

Comment

I have a 470 and it worked very well in the Alpha. I dont think you will have an issue.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I have a 550ti and i7 with 8 GB ram, i'm hoping to run BF3 near max, hopefully.
                              PSN: Xclusiveitalian
                              Steam: Stryker
                              Origin: Xclusiveitalian
                              Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Working...
                              X