Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of TDM in Battlefield 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you think of TDM in Battlefield 3?

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
    I hope to find a 32man ish server running a Rush/Conquest mix in the final game
    That depends on how fast the Admin tools get released. And if they support it. BC2 was a nightmare for that.

Comment

haha yeh, I'm hoping its not to much of a problem this time to have a simple mix going on a server lol

Comment

Bout time it made a comeback. 16 players in BC2 TDM was too few in my opinion.

Comment

I cannot imagine any of the Battlefield 2 maps featuring TDM. The maps are far too big for that sort of thing. There would have to be an option to select a "Theater of operations" in each map and keep only 2 spawn locations per theater in the giant maps.

If you take Karkand as an example for this feature, the USMC 2 base spawns and Mec's first flag could be theater of operations "The staging point" and then hotel market vs that hotel at the top of the hill could be the "Business district" or something.

Comment

Meh i wanted CTF but obviously the people pulling the strings are not BF42 vets.

Comment

I like TDM cause there is a real fight and u r always don't know where the enemy can appear. U need to play with friends this mode or nothing good u will see. I mean no benefits from teamplay

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                Meh i wanted CTF but obviously the people pulling the strings are not BF42 vets.
                Obviously. I mean you can tell when they put one game mode from 1942 in over another just shows they are not keen on Battlefield at all.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                  I cannot imagine any of the Battlefield 2 maps featuring TDM. The maps are far too big for that sort of thing. There would have to be an option to select a "Theater of operations" in each map and keep only 2 spawn locations per theater in the giant maps.

If you take Karkand as an example for this feature, the USMC 2 base spawns and Mec's first flag could be theater of operations "The staging point" and then hotel market vs that hotel at the top of the hill could be the "Business district" or something.
                  The maps are restricted to small areas. I'm not sure if you ever played BC2, but the SQDM maps were small portions of the larger ones. I believe that the Op. Metro TDM is just the outside area.
                  Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

The big question here is why only 24 players...? Why are PCs getting shafted by consoles? Why not give it the option to have 64 players? I mean no vehicles, so less is going on so it won't hurt performance... Are they afraid it will anger the consolers? Or did they not have enough time to port it to PC properly! =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p i had to
                    PSN: Xclusiveitalian
                    Steam: Stryker
                    Origin: Xclusiveitalian
                    Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Because of what Anarchy said.

Also DICE has stated that they wanted to make TDM a quick IO game style with a lot of action. Granted, 64 players could make it action packed, but the games would probably not last very long.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Having played 16 player TDM in BC2, I wouldn't want 64 player even if the maps are bigger in BF3. The scoring would be way too unbalanced with that many targets.

Comment

With 64 players on regular conquest maps, a TDM would be extremely fun. There is a much larger opportunity to get creative. With so many more enemies the chaos would be so intense and fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X