Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battleblog #8: Build your weapon of choice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleblog #8: Build your weapon of choice.

Battleblog #8: Build your weapon of choice.

We have well over 50 weapons in Battlefield 3. But each weapon in itself can be tailored to wildly differing play styles and combat roles. Read on for the full details on our deepest weapon customization ever.

Two weeks ago, we detailed the general design philosophy behind the gun play in Battlefield 3 together with Senior Designer Alan Kertz. Today, we are delving deeper into the thousands of weapon customization options you will have in the game.

Basically, each main weapon in the game has three accessory slots, where you can attach weapon accessories you have unlocked. Weapon accessory unlocks are received on a per weapon basis, meaning that the more time you spend with a particular weapon, the more options you will have to customize that weapon to fit different your combat role and play style.

A rifle in Battlefield 3 can be customized for wildly different combat roles. The carbine directly below has been equipped with a heavy barrel, bipod, and a 4X magnification combat scope. This would be ideal for a soldier who wants to engage targets at medium to long range and use suppressive fire to support his team mates.

In the picture above, the same carbine has instead been equipped with a suppressor, foregrip, and quick acquisition holographic scope. This setup would be well suited for Close Quarters Battle, especially indoors where stealth can be a vital factor.

The unlockable weapon accessories include an assortment of optics, suppressors, bipods, barrels, underslung grenade launchers, underslung shotguns, foregrips, flashlights, laser sights, and more.

While the class and model of your weapon will determine a number of basic values (like muzzle speed, energy, and fire rate), you can always modify it to tweak it towards anything from long range to close quarters combat.

So. Are you a long range sniper or a close quarters combat type of player? The neat thing is, in Battlefield 3, you can easily switch between both. With our powerful weapon customization features, there are no limits to the types of gameplay we support.
    Source http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

50 weapons with tons of customization available?, sounds fantastic.

Discuss

Re: Battleblog #8: Build your weapon of choice.

Sounds awesome to me.

Comment

i love gun wirh suppressor since 2002 at america army.

we can put on or off is all.

lol

Comment

M16A4
        ACOG
        Foregrip
        Heavy Barrel

I'm really excited to see how that set-up plays out.

Comment

"ok control I'm sneaking by... yeah totally caught that guy unawares even tough he's with two of his team mates... in for the kill" HOW DID YOU LIKE THAT SH! "oooh crap..."

From the looks of it, with supressors on you are silent while shooting, but you still yell for ammo when you reload, and you still yell about reloading.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
            "ok control I'm sneaking by... yeah totally caught that guy unawares even tough he's with two of his team mates... in for the kill" HOW DID YOU LIKE THAT SH! "oooh crap..."

From the looks of it, with supressors on you are silent while shooting, but you still yell for ammo when you reload, and you still yell about reloading.
            Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. "IM RUNNING LOW, I GOTTA RELOAD!"

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Maybe if you're crouching, or when you attach a silencer your soldier goes into "quite" or "whisper" mode?

Comment

I hope so, I hate the random shouts.

GRENADE

(It adds a cool effect to the game and sort of immerses you hearing those human voices in the distance along with the gunshots, but otherwise it's just a shoot-me message)

Comment

Awwww yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                    Awwww yeah
                    Customization done right. Hell yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                      Awwww yeah
                      Do you want some gun with your attachments?

Comment

Good thing it has a bi-pod, because your not gonna lift it to shoot

Crunch

Comment

Crunch where did you get that avatar? I've seen it in your posts for so many years and it's epicness never gets old.

Comment

LOL, Shifty, thanks. Its an avatar from the totalwar.com website. They made a few of them for Empire:Total War. That one was great since it was like the real life cereal figure in his younger days.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                              . That one was great since it was like the real life cereal figure in his younger days.
                              haha, i do not think there is a better sum up or explanation of your avatar xD.

Also all that variety sounds very intresting, but lets hope that they managed to balance all those possibilities

Comment

Working...
                              X