Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anarchy1
    replied
    Re: to the MyIS admins regarding BF3 alpha.

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
    I'm liking Métro a lot, but not as much as Port Valdez.

If your team in attack blows, there is very little chance of making it past the first part. Concentrated fire is king, supression rules. Most of the time you can "dishonorably" kill the entire defense team with the IFV and they won't even react to the bullets, they are so occupied camping.
    I've only won that level once. I've also only seen the 4th phase once. I didn't get a good chance to explore the area because our squad was rushing/reviving/rushing up to the M-COMs and rambo planting them :P. The map is completely different when the squad spawning works.

With that said, I hate Port Valdez, so I prefer Metro.

Leave a comment:

• stilla-killa
    replied

Well I replaced my 8800 gts with a GTS 450 for under 100 dollars and before the alpha trial with the 8800 would run choppy but now with the slight upgrade to my current system it seem to play decent on 1900 x 1200 resolution and low settings and it still looked damn good. Still playing with a AMD 64 x2 6000 cpu though.

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

I'm liking Métro a lot, but not as much as Port Valdez.

If your team in attack blows, there is very little chance of making it past the first part. Concentrated fire is king, supression rules. Most of the time you can "dishonorably" kill the entire defense team with the IFV and they won't even react to the bullets, they are so occupied camping.

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

To lure the console crowd into buyin a gaming PC; or precisely beacuse the console crowd is unlikely to have a heavy attachment to their nostalgia goggles for BF2.

Leave a comment:

• stilla-killa
    replied

I just realized that I had just bought MOH for the PS3 Thursday and that was my PS3 email account that the sent the BF3 alpha invite to. Makes you wonder why they would send an invite to someone that with a PS3. And plus they sure were quick to send the invite out.

Leave a comment:

• groundedzero
    replied

If anyone doesn't want theirs.... I'm your man to go to

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

I think the first sets of mcomms are the most difficult.

From ther eon, it's not that bad unless your team is outnumbered or just plain sucks. You've got to have at least two assault, one engie and one support and if you move as a unit you can wreak havok. There are several ways to get past the tunnels towards the mcomms, but not on the first set, where they are both in the open and can be defended from almost the same location; inside th etunnels defenders have to split apart or be overwhelmed, I'm loking it but not as much as port valdez.

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy1
    replied

Originally posted by Infernalis
    I wish I could see more of the map than the first set of Mcom, because the spawn system bugs + the defenders spawn directly in front of the B Mcom which result in the attackers bleeding all their tickets on the B Mcom 90% of the time .
    Yeah, that's a hard M-COM to take. I really wished the spawn system would work so that I could actually play the map properly. It is impossible to win if you have to start from as far back as possible each spawn. Maybe one day I will reach the "Fabled Fourth Section".

Leave a comment:

• jimykx
    replied

i found an easter egg, in the metro,before the last mcon's inside the metro still, if you face the mcoms and go to the right you will see some bars you cant go through, and inside that will be a mirrors edge bag, one of those yellow bags :P

Leave a comment:

• Infernalis
    replied

They changed something in the retail? Because the first thing assault unlock is the medkit in the alpha.

I wish I could see more of the map than the first set of Mcom, because the spawn system bugs + the defenders spawn directly in front of the B Mcom which result in the attackers bleeding all their tickets on the B Mcom 90% of the time .

Leave a comment:

• 5t3v0
    replied

Damn... I definately don't think Im getting in. I wonder if maybe I had set my EA account settings to my real age and that kept me from getting through (while putting in a false age), or if its just my lack of luck... But It kept getting the "Failed to meet criteria" Message after my EA account login (which I have quadruple-triple-octuple-quintuple checked to be right.)

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

Little known facts:

-There are auto buttons for toggle crouch, throw grenade and knifing; they are X, G and F respectively.
    -When retail lanches; assault is gonna suffer. The medkit is unlocked and it's not the first unlock.

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

Played! Awesome game, current build only gives me good performance on medium using 2 GB ram, E8400 dual core, Radeon 6850. On Auto I get beautiful visuals but with action it dips below 10 fps

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy1
    replied

Supposedly if you and your friends group up before going into a server it will put you in your own squad

Leave a comment:

• stilla-killa
    replied

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
    25% to go; can we try to play tonight as a Squad?
    There is no option right now to make a squad. It just puts you in one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X