No announcement yet.

to the MyIS admins regarding BF3 alpha.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: to the MyIS admins regarding BF3 alpha.

Sometimes the e-mails don't even mean anything. My friend got an e-mail that invited him to the beta but it said he didn't meet the criteria. There have been lots of other reports of this too. This whole thing is one big screw-up.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Well it doesn't run very well on my setup which is AMD dual core 3ghz and 8800 GTS. I didn't expect it to but it did run after I had to install a beta video driver from Nvidia. I didn't play it much because it was so choppy but it did have a BC2 feel to it but that is to be expected as it does run on the same engine but updated. I know this is only a alpha but I hope the beta is more optimized.

Comment

Yeah it's not optimized too well, but that's to be expected. I'm kind of disappointed that I had to download a beta driver to play the game. The game would freeze after a couple minutes when playing on 275.33 (latest) and then the beta 275.50. The new beta driver 280.19 that was released today fixed my problems (apparently Nvidia was working with DICE to get them out). And this seemed to be very widespread with Nvidia cards.

Comment

I did see a claymore ribbon under battlelog. I thought DICE said there wouldn't be any claymores? The game right now is launched from the Battlelog web browser which I hope they change for the retail release.

Comment

Looks like it's only me and Zips left here then. :sigh:

Comment

Not for long the alpha test is supposed to be over August the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                I did see a claymore ribbon under battlelog. I thought DICE said there wouldn't be any claymores? The game right now is launched from the Battlelog web browser which I hope they change for the retail release.
                As long as they are 2142 type of claymores, bring them on.

Comment

Completely raging right now. some idiot wasted his code on Win XP. After months of info available on BF3 not working on DX9 and specifically, support for WinXP dropped completely.

SOME IDIOT USED HIS KEY ON A COMPUTER THAT CANT EVER HOPE TO RUN THE GAME.

Comment

I will be honest and say i have only played an hour tops. The fact you have to go through a browser that is very temperamental is really annoying. Not to mention you cant change your controls, i know its only an alpha but they cant expect people to test their game if they cant even make it feel right to them. Im more worried about which buttons im pushing than looking out for anything else.

Comment

Well DUH it is an alpha. Crashes and lock ups and everything like that is to be expected; that's the whole point. So they can fix the web launcher, wich they started using for BFheroes and play4free; the battlelog is as important for this release as th egame itself.

What I'm raging is not about the FPS PLAYERS that got in and I didn't, I'm raging at the console kiddies and young punks that have not the slightest idea of what an alpha or an FPS is on PC, with no hardware to run it, with no skill to test; that are treating this as an event to brag about "I got in and you didn't", "hay gayz y I no run geim?" and such.

This is the part where you go HEY DICE I CANT MAP MY LASER MOUSE GO CHECK THAT OUT. Or something.

Comment

Damn... Nothing still... and only about 2 days left... Now I got all false hopey for nothing...

Comment

I dont really know how much we are allowed to say but i have some general questions. Im not overly aware of how the development process goes but surely if this game is released in almost 2 months then it should be past the alpha stage? Especially if its having a beta mid september?

Comment

Did you beta test BC2? If you did you should know already: htey have the gold code done by now, they are just stress testing network code and log n servers mostly; minor tweaking to patch for some weird PC configurations and that's about it.

Unless you find a glaring bug.

Comment

The only bug I found was that I cant stay alive very long

Other than that I'm pleased that I can run on all high with no lag, even in its unoptimized state.

Phenom x6 1090T and a 5870 handle the game very nicely!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                                I dont really know how much we are allowed to say but i have some general questions. Im not overly aware of how the development process goes but surely if this game is released in almost 2 months then it should be past the alpha stage? Especially if its having a beta mid september?
                                No, you are playing the public alpha. The actual development stage is long past alpha. I believe the game they demoed at E3 was a final alpha version. DICE is probably on beta right now and essentially finalizing the game and then preparing for the public beta release so they can make minor adjustments and fix major bugs before officially going gold.

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                                I will be honest and say i have only played an hour tops. The fact you have to go through a browser that is very temperamental is really annoying. Not to mention you cant change your controls, i know its only an alpha but they cant expect people to test their game if they cant even make it feel right to them. Im more worried about which buttons im pushing than looking out for anything else.
                                I got so annoyed with the controls that I had to make a AutoHotKey script to modify them. Here's the script:

Code:
                                #IfWinActive

DESIRED KEY::DEFAULT KEY
                                x::lctrl
                                lctrl::z
                                2::1
                                1::2

Comment

Working...
                                X