COD vs Battlefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: COD vs Battlefield

I see that, but I don't just mean this video. Ive seen countless trailers for the previous CODs, BF didn't have much because it was mainly multiplayer... Just now they are finally showing campaign mode cause everyone knows no one gives a rats ass about single player. Its all about online, heck if I had a choice I rather that DICE scrap the campaign mode and focus only on multiplayer... I hardly even remember BFBC2's story mode.

Comment

I see your point and I think its valid as people tend to play the games for the multiplayer. The thing is that CoD has always been known for a good single player as well. Yes, they are rail style and all that, but its always been fun. CoD 1 and 2 both had great stories and I dont think anyone can forget CoD 4 and its story line. Battlefield, and I mean Battlefield, has never had that before and it wants to truly compete against CoD. To do that EA has decided to add some things that CoD has to Battlefield, being single player and Co-Op. Good or bad, thats what they are doing. Everyone knows BF for the multiplayer, so they have to focus on single play to get the word out. We are hardcore gamers and the VAST majority probably do not keep track of games like we do.

Of course, none of this has to do with this crazy rap. The only reason campaign mode is being shown is because of all the leaked alpha footage by EA employees and whomever else has been invited to it. Its hard to put the genie back in the bottle. All we have been shown is metro in rush mode and, in all honesty, thats all we have really seen.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It just irritates me because than new comer will see the video and be deicieved thinking you can clime mountains with ice pick in multiplayer mode and also they will believe that you can ride vehicle as well. That's how COD works sucking in newbies into the game with lies only to find out that all you do is run around gunning in an aimless and pointless battle.

Comment

Yeah, like when Bad Company 2 was released and they showed this awesome heli chase scene in a map that wasnt even in the game. Or the one where it showed your team slipping into a base and blew up that tower.

One good thing though is that you could do all those things in single player of CoD whereas you couldnt in either single or multi in bad company.

Crunch

Comment

Well technically that video where there is one Russian Squad doing awesome things you can do in-game.

Just that you won't have that much time to set it up.

Comment

Yeah, exactly. Tehcnically you can do all that stuff, but it wont be possible in gameplay or maybe in multiplayer. Its all crazy marketing.

Crunch

Comment

The way I see it you do even crazier stuff.

You can jump off the chopper and wtf land on a boat and drive off. You can ram a quad bike loaded with C4 against a tank while your friendly recon shaves attackers off you while arming the Mcom and your medic is spamming nades off a cliff while reloading through your ammo box.

EDIT: AAAAAAAGH Crunch I hate you >:O Origin sees ALL.

Comment

severe Rap allergy,haha me too.It gives me the shits lol

Comment

IF they allow you to take down buildings in the multiplayer (atleast some) and they fall like that, then we could have an achievement of smashing a heli/plane with a building ! XD

Comment

they could get the news all over this game if they made an achievement for crashing into a tall building with a plane and calling it something about 9/11

Bam! Everybody and his mother knows about the game...MORE SALES!

Comment

LOL, more lawsuits and country bans is more like it.

Crunch

Comment

I guess there's that side to it.

At least L4D2 controversy in Australia and Germany got them exclusive guns. :P

Comment

I actually didn't realise that we got the CS weapons until I purchased it during the last steam sale. Still annoying how cut-down it is though.

Comment

That is true

I miss the fear I used to have the first time I played L4D. I was freaked out of my mind when I'd be going through a dark alley and a hunter would pounce me out of nowhere. I wish I still had that thrill every time I played.

It's not scary anymore, it's just a reflex game, you shoot everything that moves unless it's a boomer. So the gore really isn't much a game breaker if it's in or out, you eventually forget about it.

Although chainsawing through a horde NEVER gets old.

Comment

I actually just thought it was Germany who got the CS weapons only, and we were again left in the dust as we are with game prices and servers for obscure(ish) games. But its all gud. Though I don't really care for gore, its just when a ragdoll disappears within the second you kill it it gets annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X