Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duke Nukem Forever...... disapointment or expected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke Nukem Forever...... disapointment or expected?

This is a good review on the game:

I agree with this guy. For a Duke FPS, they've made too much mistake by lining it to modern shooter instead of true to the original old school type mindless blasting fun. There are some good features in it, so it isn't terrible over all. If the title is not Duke Nukem and hasn't been hyped over the last 12 years, then it might have gotten better review.

I will probably get it when it hits $15 on Steam.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever...... disapointment or expected?

All Duke 3D fans will tell you it's a mediocre game, even if you forgot about DN3D it's still mediocre. I've played the game on Xbox360 so maybe the loading time and graphics are better on PC (it's horrible on console, like the very very first 360 games) but the level design and weapons feeling is the same and it is far from the quality of a good FPS. Even the humour isn't good except 1-2 moments in the game.

If the title hasn't been hyped for 12 years, no one would care about it.

Comment

It was as expected.

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/en...-the-King-Baby!

Its not next gen at all. Its just completing a series after the fail of the original developers. There should not be a next one.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        It was as expected.

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/en...-the-King-Baby!

Its not next gen at all. Its just completing a series after the fail of the original developers. There should not be a next one.

Crunch
        1. You know, you can "Promote to Article" your blog entries about games, right? (It's at the bottom of the blog entry itself) Stuff like this and the BF3 thing and the others, they'd all make for good news articles... Just a thought.

2. I'd have a full review all up and ready already but er... it's locked to Steam still. I guess it was my fault for wanting a PC version of the game from 2K and not bending to just getting a 360 copy instead that I could have already been playing now.

I've tried not to get taken in by the hype, so we'll see how the game goes.

Comment

1. Yeah, I know. Thanks Zips, but when its just my opinion and not a review, I dont really find that news worthy. Blog worthy though for those who may care to read

2. Look forward to it.

You played the demo, was it what you expected?

Crunch

Comment

OK for some reason I linked to the wrong review. This is the review that I agree with. The positive review from above is subject to the producer's personal opinion.

Comment

Yeah, I still agree with this and is what I expected. The guy is comparing it to DN3D, which DNF will not hold up to as that era is gone. I expected to see DNF a pieced together game. It was on and off for years and years and then finished by entirely different people. I feel its a side project for the developers to get a game done

When I play the game, I expect it to be a mindless shootem up game, and this seems to be accurate. I wouldnt expect it be a great game with 10/10 reviews. 5/10 or even less, yeah, I can see that.

I also like this guy, especially at the end. Thats why I dont argue with other peoples opinions. Some people like something that others dont. OK, thats good. The game is nonsense, I dont know what anyone would expect of it. The old Duke is gone. I dont know why, it just is. He is right on his rant at the end.

Crunch

Comment

Can't agree more with the review. If I had to note it I would give 5/10, as it's mediocre but not horrible to point it's unplayable.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

At least we can still hope this one be old school type good.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    1. Yeah, I know. Thanks Zips, but when its just my opinion and not a review, I dont really find that news worthy. Blog worthy though for those who may care to read

2. Look forward to it.

You played the demo, was it what you expected?

Crunch
                    1. Pfft, just go ahead. We don't need to just put up reviews here. Opinion pieces as main news is always interesting. IE: I certainly didn't give a second thought when I promoted my first and only blog entry here about the Portal 2 ARG.

2. The demo? It wasn't too bad. Nothing really game changing for the genre but for a game in development as long as DNF, it's expected. TBH: I never really cared much for Duke 3D so a review of DNF will be interesting since I don't have the rose tinted glasses on going into it.

Comment

Working...
                    X