New IGN BF3 MP preview - E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New IGN BF3 MP preview - E3

I believe some of the contents should have you screaming like schoolchildren ha

Re: New IGN BF3 MP preview - E3

+ rep!

I'm really glad that they seem to be going with 2142 style kits, as I think they were the most balanced out of all of the BF games.

On the vehicles- I hope that slight regen is a server option rather than a permanent feature, although the news about immobilizing vehicles is quite exciting.

Comment

also TDM is going to be a mode on bf3

Comment

Originally posted by Mtrooper
        + rep!

I'm really glad that they seem to be going with 2142 style kits, as I think they were the most balanced out of all of the BF games.

On the vehicles- I hope that slight regen is a server option rather than a permanent feature, although the news about immobilizing vehicles is quite exciting.
        I think its going to be very very little regeneration and won't be like, hide somewhere in tank and full heal at all, you will still need an engineer, they talk about vehicles getting knocked out and immobilised so they become sort of stationary defensive positions where you can jump on the MG, they can either be blown up or repaired etc which sounds cool, will just have to see how they have paced it

oh and btw, Zhinto just confirmed on Twitter

Knife is selectable weapon

no more of that lunge **** **** YES

Comment

I've been waiting for a game to utilize a suppression factor like that... That looks awesome.

Comment

Project Reality does it, Red Orchestra 1 too. Talking about RO, I feel the 2 will be overshadowed by BF3 and really be a niche FPS for hardcore players... They should have released it before.

Comment

Well the P90 is confirmed (from the picture)... The knife back as a selectable weapon? Awesome!

Also, YAY for 2142 style kits!

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                Project Reality does it, Red Orchestra 1 too. Talking about RO, I feel the 2 will be overshadowed by BF3 and really be a niche FPS for hardcore players... They should have released it before.
                Should have released it before? Tripwire is a small, very small company compared to DICE and EA. They can't just get it out because 'oh no, BF3 is coming' but when it's good and ready to be released. RO2 isn't done yet and still has a bit to go before it's ready to be released. I have some small idea as I'm beta testing it (who wants to touch me?) but even I surely do not know all of the factors.

Comment

i think the suppression fire idea is horrible. im sure i will be flung into fits of rage becasue some asshat is spraying my position down and i cant fire back becasue im "suppressed" and my screen is dimmed.

terrible idea. i hope it will be removed after many complaints in beta stage.

Comment

If they do it right where the radius that is affected by the supressing fire is not too large it will be fine. If you are behind a wall and someone is laying down fire along the top of it, you shouldn't just be able to pop up and take them out because their shot was a few pixels off to the side of you. If it makes you crawl along the wall and come up 5-10' down the way to be able to have your screen back to normal and be able to take them out, I think that would be good.

Comment

i don't like the sound of this.

so instead of shooting directly at the enemy, you fire next to them to get some points?

lol watch all the support guys have like 0.1% accuracy because of this.

suppressing fire might work in real life, but if you're constantly spraying one spot, you're bound to get killed by someone else because of the attention you put on yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
                        i think the suppression fire idea is horrible. im sure i will be flung into fits of rage becasue some asshat is spraying my position down and i cant fire back becasue im "suppressed" and my screen is dimmed.

terrible idea. i hope it will be removed after many complaints in beta stage.
                        To me it seems like a great way to handle campers. And it will make the LMGs true support weapons instead of high-capacity assault rifles.

Comment

Except that it will have problems.

A) Either, as true to DICE, it will be horribly bugged and not all cover positions will utilize this, making this a somewhat (or very) unreliable feature. or-
                          B) It's going to be used as a tactical flashlight, in the sense that support guys will spearhead the assault on flags and positions using the "dimming" effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            Except that it will have problems.

A) Either, as true to DICE, it will be horribly bugged and not all cover positions will utilize this, making this a somewhat (or very) unreliable feature.
                            It wouldn't surprise me, but DICE bugs can cripple any feature, its not exclusive to this.
                            Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            B) It's going to be used as a tactical flashlight, in the sense that support guys will spearhead the assault on flags and positions using the "dimming" effect.
                            Is that a bad thing? Isn't that exactly how suppressive fire is supposed to work?
                            Unless you by "spearhead" mean actually leading the assault, I don't want this to encourage run and gun.
                            Possibly it should only work from prone or with deployed bipod.

Comment

there's actually flashlight in the game where you can use in dark maps and you can actually blind the other guy by flashing it directly to his face.

Comment

Working...
                              X