Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 please hurry!

Originally posted by Kylee!
    CS skills aren't used elsewhere...? Just about any other game I've played is easier to aim in then CS.

Also, Zero's second paragraph is spot on.
    Yep, every other game I've played since playing CS I've been really good at shooting. I believe that some people have a difficult time adjusting to the fast paced games of this time but their shot will always be pretty good in every game they play because of CS.

In CS, it's hard to be average at shooting, its even harder to be really good at shooting. In most other games coming out today, its easy to be average at shooting but hard to be really good at shooting. So shooting wise, CS is a lot harder to master than other games.

Comment

Hate to burst your bubble but games are like Hollywood movies now a day. They come out with a sequel every year and still people rush to buy it like flies on poop. They don't care because they are making tons of money... A perfect example is the Ipod and madden games.

Comment

That is true of some games, some larger AAA titles perhaps. Though I've found Bad company 2 on hardcore mode, was in line with the Tactical shooters I've played in the past Rainbow six/ghost recon/ America's army/ARMA, in terms of being complicated also shooting and not dying weren't easy. Call of duty on hardcore and on search and destroy is also a different experience, especially with it's a Call of duty with MOD support, or at least being able to tweek server settings.

However ARMA does come to mind also when for a game developed to be difficult, more of a simulator then a game. But it makes sense for them as a developer to tap that smaller niche market if it's not being served well. Games that aim to be popular will dial down the difficulty to achieve a mass audience, that makes sense as a business, a majority of the customer base are all elite twitch shooters that have perhaps started from wolfenstine, or just gotten in after and grown up with harder FPS games and thus want a difference experience.

It's like leagues in a sport, a majority of people can play a sport, but few can play on the best level.

Also I've heard Super meat boy is a really hard platformer, but has had some success, and Demon souls just got a sequel so it looks like super hard RPG games still have a market.

Comment

Working...
        X