Battlefield 3 please hurry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 please hurry!

The AWP is banned on a lot of servers though, because it is indeed a laser and kill in one shot everywhere.

Comment

Counter strike sucks. period

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
        It does not!

Oh wait, yeah it does!

Seriously though, it doesnt suck. Many dont like it, myself too, but even I had some fun times in it.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I played it myself, and it didnt suck. but NOW, it does. You know... the world moves on

Comment

Yes it's old, too old. I talked about CS because it's close to CoD, even now on many things.

Comment

Well CS is a classic. its THE game that you grow up on. The current one is CoD, which arguably has a dumber fanbase with less skill, especially with all those "Advanced" Features (read: Built in Hax) such as aim assist and killstreaks.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Zero
                Yes I have and I have competed in the game for several seasons. You have a great headset than you have a lot of the upper hand because you can hear all over the map where people are. Yes you have to have shooting skill....more so in CS than in CSS but that's a different discussion all by itself lol. But a lot of it has to do with dictating where your opponent will be by use of sound. Footsteps, grenades, flash bangs. It is harder when a team starts walking but if they make one footstep and you hear it, then that can change the round right there. And yes the AWP is a laser gun, shoot at the feet and you die instantly lol.
                Well, I was referring more to how you said it has laser weapons. It has one... and everyone thinks its OP, but its not. Its perfectly balanced for competition. Also it is harder in CS so no argument.

And if you get shot in the foot you don't die instantly...

Also, to all you "CS sucks its just like CoD!" you don't know what you're talking about. If you don't like it, whatever, but that game is a million times better than CoD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                  Well, I was referring more to how you said it has laser weapons. It has one... and everyone thinks its OP, but its not. Its perfectly balanced for competition. Also it is harder in CS so no argument.

And if you get shot in the foot you don't die instantly...

Also, to all you "CS sucks its just like CoD!" you don't know what you're talking about. If you don't like it, whatever, but that game is a million times better than CoD.
                  Have you played source? Yes anywhere on the body the awp hits, you die lol (although the hit reg in source is god awful compared to CS ). That is where a lot of the criticism comes from when talking about the awp, any where you shoot on the body, the person dies. I don't think its over powered and it is balanced in comp play which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                    Yeah the most popular FPS game of all time sucks lol. The game that to this day still averages 70,000 a day on PC. CSS also averages close to that every day on the pc. There is a reason why it is the most popular FPS game to come out on PC, and that is because it is awesome .

And what is amazing is that CS is 8 years old and CSS is 7 years old and still those games have an enormous fan base. What PC game has lasted this long in casual play as well as comp play?

Comment

It is awesome... but old, just like many games actually. It's still the perfect FPS game for Esport but it's too old for pub.

Comment

Have you played source? Yes anywhere on the body the awp hits, you die lol (although the hit reg in source is god awful compared to CS ). That is where a lot of the criticism comes from when talking about the awp, any where you shoot on the body, the person dies. I don't think its over powered and it is balanced in comp play which is good.
                        You can definitely still get "legged" in source. I played it competitively for a year or two.

Unless my brain is really really failing me right now lol.

Comment

I play pc..... Yes there is not competition yet console will win always when it comes to FPS! .
                          And as I stated, more kids and moms buy consoles. PC system seems too difficult for the average family to understand.(Trust me I use to work at retail returns and I've seen families come in trying to return Crysis on a windows 2000 computer.)
                          Can't afford an upgrade on a PC? wtf are you talking about...many of my console playing friends can afford a pc yet they play console instead because its easier to setup, play with friends ect...
                          Yes I said majority of people own console, and I do hope that your friends can afford a gaming PC if they are indeed your age, otherwise...
                          So you are saying your nephew goes into a pub and just sits there where he spawns and presses the trigger and gets 10 kills??
                          Yes, I bare witness to it a few times. It's a reason why he prefers COD over BF because he can't even rack up 3 kills in BF. Sure he may have died over 30 times but that 10+kills still came from somewhere.
                          BF discourages team play! Huge maps everything is spread out. In a pub there rarely is team play, except for like I said if you have a group of friends playing together in one squad.
                          I highly disagree with you on this one, due to the fact that most BF players come standard in knowing the objectives because anyone who was smart enough to discover the BF series are smart enough to understand how it is played. If they didn't understand the game, they would of left and went to COD because an enemy player is only about inches away from your spawn point every time.
                          IF you have TDM for any game, there will be less and less competition than say gaining control points, or S&D. Last I checked, comp play is not done on the game type of TDM. If Battlefield had TDM, you would see less teamwork than in the normal game types.
                          We do have TDM, it's in every game mode.

At least when I play CoD, it doesn't have ****ty hit reg and bugs galore throughout the game. At least it runs smoothly on release. BC2 came out, holy **** that was terrible. BF2? that was even worse when it came to game mechanics, hit reg, movement ect...
                          Yes, true but that's because it originated from the PC so it had to downgrade for console. This is an issue that BF will easily fixed, it was good in BC2 and it will be great in BF3. Also COD has a little auto aim implemented in it so that it will make it easier for the analog user to maintain.
                          What is this comparing MY joystick with OUR mouse? I don't even play console FPS's, only madden! OUR mouse??? lol you talk as if there is competition between the two...they are completely different.
                          You came in here boasting about COD so I was sure that you played it on the console I mean why would anyone play COD on the PC after all right?

Not only little kids play consoles! You must not get out a lot or something because I'm 20, and most of my console playing friends are my age or above. Don't throw blanket statements out like that, it makes you seem unintelligent.
                          Again, majority of them as I stated... I'm beginning to think that you don't quite understand the statements written above, but I don't want to question your intelligence because there is no need to feel smart on a interweb forum. As for your friends, they play on the console because it has more players... No arguments there.

Well hey, I have been coming here for years but don't post that much.
                          Well that's a shame we could sure use some one with your spark around here =)

Yeah the most popular FPS game of all time sucks lol. The game that to this day still averages 70,000 a day on PC. CSS also averages close to that every day on the pc. There is a reason why it is the most popular FPS game to come out on PC, and that is because it is awesome .

And what is amazing is that CS is 8 years old and CSS is 7 years old and still those games have an enormous fan base. What PC game has lasted this long in casual play as well as comp play?
                          Reasons why CS is still being played.
                          1.It doesn't require anything at all to play.
                          2.People don't want to let go of nostalgia reasons.
                          3.Afraid to try new FPS because the skills they have accumulated in investment towards the game will be useless elsewhere

I really really like BF2 and the hit reg may be crappy but I have learned to adjust. If Hit regs were as bad as you say I doubt that I would leave the game with 6:2 ratio k/d.
                          Yeah I love the game but I won't keep playing it because it's nostalgia, move on to different and newer FPS that I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                            Reasons why CS is still being played.
                            1.It doesn't require anything at all to play.
                            2.People don't want to let go of nostalgia reasons.
                            3.Afraid to try new FPS because the skills they have accumulated in investment towards the game will be useless elsewhere.
                            I agree with you that skills in CS and CSS don't translate well in other games but its not for nastalgia reasons that has kept CS and CSS going...its because it is the best balanced game on PC. Everything about the game is almost perfect (except for CSS hit reg fails lol). I mean competitively, perfect. Players are thinking, why move on to another game when this game is so great? I mean it makes sense, it's lasted for 8 years now, why move on when there are so many people playing it and it is a really fun game?

When a game survives a really long competitively, then the game doesn't die. But if a game competitively sucks (BC2, any cod game after 4) then the game dies quickly. If a game is amazing competitively, and many leagues are forming seasons and high level teams are playing, then the game survives. The game developers of BF3 have to take in the fact that without competition, the game will die quickly. If they add mod tools, console, special features for comp play, then competition will be great, and in turn make the game last a lot longer.

BC2 is a ****ty game, they didn't add any features to promote competitive play, just pub play. Without competitive play, pub play dies quickly. They added no features to support competition, and so the game died very quickly and now we are looking onto the next BIG thing.

Comment

I agree with you that skills in CS and CSS don't translate well in other games but its not for nastalgia reasons that has kept CS and CSS going...its because it is the best balanced game on PC. Everything about the game is almost perfect (except for CSS hit reg fails lol). I mean competitively, perfect. Players are thinking, why move on to another game when this game is so great? I mean it makes sense, it's lasted for 8 years now, why move on when there are so many people playing it and it is a really fun game?

When a game survives a really long competitively, then the game doesn't die. But if a game competitively sucks (BC2, any cod game after 4) then the game dies quickly. If a game is amazing competitively, and many leagues are forming seasons and high level teams are playing, then the game survives. The game developers of BF3 have to take in the fact that without competition, the game will die quickly. If they add mod tools, console, special features for comp play, then competition will be great, and in turn make the game last a lot longer.
                              I guess that is another great way of looking at it.

And I agree, BC2 was and still a great game, but they didn't add any features to promote competitive play, just pub play. that's why i haven't played as much as i have. join a guild? cant really make the time as well ><. I feel bad, i feel like i am a casual that wants to be catered. :hmm:

Comment

CS skills aren't used elsewhere...? Just about any other game I've played is easier to aim in then CS.

Also, Zero's second paragraph is spot on.

Comment

Working...
                                X