Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 please hurry!

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    Or abandoning one game for friendship? I would hope loyalty to friends come over loyalty to a game.

It is a good point though, if so many go to it, others would have to follow as well.

Crunch
    my friends all enjoy the same games, we played BF2, BC2, black ops, TF2 and L4D and L4D2 together. gaming is 100x better when you do it with IRL friends

Comment

Exactly! If all your friends were only playing TF2, what game would you be playing the most?

If we want to use the "kids parents buy CoD" reasoning then we have to assume that the parents have other bills to pay and are not buying their bratty child every game out there. I know many do, but thats not the point of this comment.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

If your friends are playing the wrong game, you shouldn't also play the wrong game you should just get better friends.

Comment

LOL, I saw a piece of that post and was going to come in here and rant on that, but that was pretty funny.

"Friends dont let friends play the wrong game."

+Rep.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            Well, see, thats my point as well. CoD has gone through more changes over time than Battlefield.
            Depends on where you're coming from and what's the context. COD has gone through drastic changes from first to recent game, but so has BF. If you want to argue that BF is a better franchise because it has stuck more to the roots, then I challenge that position. BF has nothing to do with what it once was. If you want to argue that the changes were mild, I will challenge that position aswell, as the changes in gameplay, motivating factors and the community aspect have drastically changed, so that there is almost nothing left of the old community, which used to be evergrowing, before DICE went on to the new and popular businessmodel of releasing games with no longetivity. However, if you were not comparing, and merely saying that one is simply less changed than the other, then I can agree with that. Because even though there is nothing left of BF, COD is an entirely different series now. Both suck, but DICE has a lot to prove, because they have been bragging and threatening the most, while delivering lackluster products with lack of imagination.
            My first post was mentioning that. However, I disagree that MW and MW2 cannot be put into the same mix. MW is the pattern all the other games went by, even the ones Treyarch created. They ripped it up pretty good in MW2, that is true, but as far as how the weapons and avatar feels, it didnt feel any different to me.
            Then you have no clue what you are talking about. You see "perks and stats and prestige" and you form an opinion. MW is a masterpiece. It would take me a long post to describe why. In short- it is made for videogamers. MW2 is made for consumers and hype-affected children who are impressionable by stars and athletes promoting the game. Do not be fooled by this short summary. I am not exaggerating. COD4 truly is a masterpiece. Perhaps the last PC FPS masterpiece. And you don't even have to like it to agree. Everything from weapons, perks to the smallest details on the maps are carefully balanced. They obviously went and took the main philosophy from the successful games out there, and applied them into the process. Unlike DICE, which seems to like to apply specific features.

Comparig MW2 to MW is like comparing BF2 to Heroes.
            There is no clever hiddent message. 2142 is different from the other three. Its no jab, its just when the first Battlefield game took a turn from its setup of kits and classes. Nowhere in my posts did I say one Battlefield was bad over another.
            It's different in one aspect, as you have choices, but nothing really changes. It's watered down in other aspects, where it's kind of the same, just more limited. Unlocks, movement, feel of the game. Using this line of reasoning, every BF game ia drastically different from the one before. But BF2142 did not change infantry combat. It did change the roles for most vehicles, and not as in "change to different". You already know my position on that.

See, its different form the others.
            I admit, I laughed.

Sure, they are CoD games. They will have some of the same "feel", but the CoD fanbase was not entirely supportive of CoD4 because of all those changes. They felt the game "changed colours" with 4 and now that we are four titles into these changes, they were correct. It was a big change toward consolism. In fact, CoD4 had a leader board and prestige on console whereas the PC did not.
            That is ********. COD4 on PC had nothing in common with console versions. IW-s philosophy changed drastically after MW was released, and I tie that together with Grant Collier getting a deskjob at Activision. You really don't know what you are talking about. MW was VERY customizable. It had a very good netcode, dedicated servers, it was moddable. IW made sure, that they gave out all tools and all possibilities right out of the box, so that the game was fit for competitive gaming, aswell as pub play. The features which most people looked down upon, were made so that they could have been disabled. Easily. And the modding community started working on competitive mods immediately. All this is irrelevant, though, as even in vanilla state, the game was perfectly fit for both. And it was balanced. Almost perfectly. The similarities with MW2 are only in some aesthetics, and hype-candy. People like .JPEG-medals. That's what MW2 was oriented around. MW, on PC, those things were worth zero. You didn't have the ******** we had in BF...

Im simply showing the break when things started to visibly change. Am I wrong in saying that is in 2142 and why? If 2142 wasnt it, then when was it? When were the changes made in CoD? Was it before MW? I dont believe that it was. I believe it startd at that one. The OP was about CoD all being the same, which we both proved is not the case. While Battlefield didn't start really changing until 2142.
            With MW2, all you have are the stats and promotions. The game is not built on MW2, the philosophy has changed 180 degrees. That is not how a game influences a change in course. Your analysis, or rather your opinion, is flawed because it's based on a few aesthetical items.

Comment

Originally posted by Sike
              my friends all enjoy the same games, we played BF2, BC2, black ops, TF2 and L4D and L4D2 together. gaming is 100x better when you do it with IRL friends
              Unfortunately I don't have friends that can run bad company 2 nor battlefield 2 at the time. I also refuse to buy a PS3 or Xbox360 so I can relearn how to shoot with the auto aim analouge joystick.
              I will not buy a console, I rather use that money on upgrades on my PC. Plus I don't feel like buying a 200 dollar plus console only to play only 1 game I like.
              Although it is sad that where ever I go, especially at school I see the activity room filled with PS3's and Xbox360 only. I often feel left out at times, that's why I come on here often to be with the true FPS system folks.

also, new perks does not mean a new game lol MW3

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                You're wrong about being low on PC, Bad Company 2 sold more on PC than Xbox360 or PS3, there's still a lot of gamers on PC.

As for why CoD is so successful I already told why above and I frankly don't want that for BF3. The only things they can take from CoD is perks and gun attachments. Hit reg and weapons feeling are already fine in BC2 and include bullet drop and travel time instead of the old hit scan system CoD has, if they make you able to climb obstacles then there's nothing left to take of CoD.
                Well why wouldn't you want that for BF3? You don't want it to be successful and really give CoD a run for it's money. CoD is successful because everyones likes the feel of the game and how you move throughout the game. The style of the game everyone likes. BC2 is a ****ty game, hit reg is terrible in the game. It was a console port also which meant not a lot of features specifically for the PC. Yes there still is a lot of PC gamers, but for FPS title's, not nearly as much as on the console. If BC2 sold more on the PC than any other platform, then they didn't make a lot of money lol.

Comment

No I don't want BF3 to be a fast paced, repetitive mindless game without teamwork on small maps with laser weapons. Everyone likes it? No. It's popular? Yes, like Counter-Strike, because all in all it's close except you actually need some real aiming skill in CS.

As for hitreg in BC2 I have 0 problem with it since they improved it, I suspect CoD netcode is so good because most of the thing are calculated on the client side with hitscan weapons. And for the BC2 sales they sold a few millions so they actually did make a lot of money.

I do want BF3 to be successful though, if it's really a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                    No I don't want BF3 to be a fast paced, repetitive mindless game without teamwork on small maps with laser weapons. Everyone likes it? No. It's popular? Yes, like Counter-Strike, because all in all it's close except you actually need some real aiming skill in CS.

As for hitreg in BC2 I have 0 problem with it since they improved it, I suspect CoD netcode is so good because most of the thing are calculated on the client side with hitscan weapons. And for the BC2 sales they sold a few millions so they actually did make a lot of money.

I do want BF3 to be successful though, if it's really a good game.
                    Mindless game? lmao you are funny. Okay not everyone likes it, but the majority of gaming people do. Except for PC homers who think that PC will rule the FPS market again....pipe dream. In a pub you don't have teamwork. The majority of pubs in every game use no teamwork. So you could make that argument for every game. Competitively, yes you do use team work. You think they just run and gun mindlessly? Even in bf2 pubs you rarely saw teamwork, unless you were with a group of friends in one squad. You are talking about CoD having laser weapons? Uh, Counter Strike has those too. It is a different skill that you use in CS and CSS than you would use in CoD. CS and CSS you use sound to dictate where the enemy is and pre fire to kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Zero
                      Mindless game? lmao you are funny. Okay not everyone likes it, but the majority of gaming people do. Except for PC homers who think that PC will rule the FPS market again....pipe dream. In a pub you don't have teamwork. The majority of pubs in every game use no teamwork. So you could make that argument for every game. Competitively, yes you do use team work. You think they just run and gun mindlessly? Even in bf2 pubs you rarely saw teamwork, unless you were with a group of friends in one squad. You are talking about CoD having laser weapons? Uh, Counter Strike has those too. It is a different skill that you use in CS and CSS than you would use in CoD. CS and CSS you use sound to dictate where the enemy is and pre fire to kill them.
                      I'm sorry dood, but please do not compare your analog joystick to our mouse because there is no competition in that. Majority of the people play COD, well yes theoretically that's because the majority you speak of are little kids who cannot play or afford a decent PC to play on, so the next best thing is the shiiity console that is set to play any game without upgrades. Plus COD was one of the first decent FPS on the console to take away the crown from the even shiiiitier Halo series, so they are more known.

Also may I note that a pub BF game will have twice as much of the teamwork that a COD "team" deathmatch will ever have.
                      If you say COD isn't a mindless, camping, trigger happy game than how come my 12 year old nephew can get over 10 kills. All he had to do was press his trigger button first... nuff said.

Oh and I don't think I've met you yet Ozero, welcome to the forum I am a retired Admin =)

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                        I'm sorry dood, but please do not compare your analog joystick to our mouse because there is no competition in that. Majority of the people play COD, well yes theoretically that's because the majority you speak of are little kids who cannot play or afford a decent PC to play on, so the next best thing is the shiiity console that is set to play any game without upgrades. Plus COD was one of the first decent FPS on the console to take away the crown from the even shiiiitier Halo series, so they are more known.

Also may I note that a pub BF game will have twice as much of the teamwork that a COD "team" deathmatch will ever have.
                        If you say COD isn't a mindless, camping, trigger happy game than how come my 12 year old nephew can get over 10 kills. All he had to do was press his trigger button first... nuff said.

Oh and I don't think I've met you yet Ozero, welcome to the forum I am a retired Admin =)
                        I play pc..... Yes there is not competition yet console will win always when it comes to FPS! . Can't afford an upgrade on a PC? wtf are you talking about...many of my console playing friends can afford a pc yet they play console instead because its easier to setup, play with friends ect... So you are saying your nephew goes into a pub and just sits there where he spawns and presses the trigger and gets 10 kills?? BF discourages team play! Huge maps everything is spread out. In a pub there rarely is team play, except for like I said if you have a group of friends playing together in one squad. IF you have TDM for any game, there will be less and less competition than say gaining control points, or S&D. Last I checked, comp play is not done on the game type of TDM. If Battlefield had TDM, you would see less teamwork than in the normal game types.

At least when I play CoD, it doesn't have ****ty hit reg and bugs galore throughout the game. At least it runs smoothly on release. BC2 came out, holy **** that was terrible. BF2? that was even worse when it came to game mechanics, hit reg, movement ect...

What is this comparing MY joystick with OUR mouse? I don't even play console FPS's, only madden! OUR mouse??? lol you talk as if there is competition between the two...they are completely different.

Not only little kids play consoles! You must not get out a lot or something because I'm 20, and most of my console playing friends are my age or above. Don't throw blanket statements out like that, it makes you seem unintelligent.

Well hey, I have been coming here for years but don't post that much.

Comment

But I never said the PC market will be bigger than the console one, and Cod selling a lot doesn't mean the game is of good quality, just like many products. CoD 4 was good, all the others CoD after that are the same thing with another skin and very little improvements. I remember I wished for a mix of CoD4 infantry and BF tools and vehicles but with Bad Company 1 & 2 they have largely closed the gap and with BF3 it will probably be better or at least will have nothing to envy from CoD.

As for teamwork sorry, that's like saying Quake have the same teamwork in pub than Red Orchestra... BF2 & 2142 have far more teamwork then CoD on pub, simply because you need teamwork to win and you have the tools for that. In competition all require a good dose of teamwork, more less than others but you still need a better organization than the opposing team.

Also Counter-Strike weapons have decent recoil and a real learning curve, a good player will always win vs a lesser player, not the case in CoD with recoiless weapons (and I've played MW, MW2 and BO). And no horrible respawn system and horrible kill streak, death is always fair.

Btw have nothing against consoles as I have most of them.

Comment

Mindless game? lmao you are funny. Okay not everyone likes it, but the majority of gaming people do. .
                            The majority of those who like that style are playing COD. The rest of us are waitng for the next BF, because we prefer that style.
                            Making BF3 to a COD clone would make it pointless. The market for run-and-gun shooters is pretty well saturated with a new COD every six months .

Remember, the current COD fad started less than 4 years ago with COD4, it is by no means the final solution to gameplay.
                            Sooner or later something different will come along and dethrone it.

Comment

... have you ever played that game before? You can't be serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                                ... have you ever played that game before? You can't be serious.
                                Yes I have and I have competed in the game for several seasons. You have a great headset than you have a lot of the upper hand because you can hear all over the map where people are. Yes you have to have shooting skill....more so in CS than in CSS but that's a different discussion all by itself lol. But a lot of it has to do with dictating where your opponent will be by use of sound. Footsteps, grenades, flash bangs. It is harder when a team starts walking but if they make one footstep and you hear it, then that can change the round right there. And yes the AWP is a laser gun, shoot at the feet and you die instantly lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X