Battlefield 3 please hurry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 please hurry!

Ugh, I cannot believe they are coming out with YET, another Call of duty game. I mean seriously do we really need another one? I mean they are all basically the same thing with different skin and weapons, it plays identically the same in every way, shape and form.

So tired of all these COD fan boys trying to compare their trash to BF.
    COD is like Madden games, each year they bring out a new game with a few new tackles and slap a new title on it and still people rush to it like flies on poop. >.<

I got a brand new computer waiting for you BF3!!!... and Diablo 3... and Guild wars 2...
    :salute::salute::salute:

Re: Battlefield 3 please hurry!

Originally posted by Redink
    Ugh, I cannot believe they are coming out with YET, another Call of duty game. I mean seriously do we really need another one? I mean they are all basically the same thing with different skin and weapons, it plays identically the same in every way, shape and form.

So tired of all these COD fan boys trying to compare their trash to BF.
    COD is like Madden games, each year they bring out a new game with a few new tackles and slap a new title on it and still people rush to it like flies on poop. >.<

I got a brand new computer waiting for you BF3!!!... and Diablo 3... and Guild wars 2...
    :salute::salute::salute:
    Let the CoD fanboys have their trash. While I am sure im picking up MW3 (just to laugh at the story and HOPEFULLY cap it all off [probably not knowing activision], get frustrated at multiplayer, then forget about it entirely), I am mainly happy its coming out so all the retards who cannot tell the difference between "tactics" and "Tacticool" have something to keep them occupied while us with at least 3 points of IQ are off playing the true deserver of game of the year IMO. (unless something else comes out that I love marginally more [which is actually nothing really])

Comment

All the idiots at work are raving about it, none of them has even heard of the Battlefield series...I try and show them the light but there just to blinded by mediocrity.

I even had showed someone the 12 minute trailer, and he had the complete audacity to tell me it looks like all the other BF games "he's seen" My draw literally dropped....he refused to accept the fact that COD has released the SAME GAME for the past whatever years.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
        All the idiots at work are raving about it, none of them has even heard of the Battlefield series...I try and show them the light but there just to blinded by mediocrity.

I even had showed someone the 12 minute trailer, and he had the complete audacity to tell me it looks like all the other BF games "he's seen" My draw literally dropped....he refused to accept the fact that COD has released the SAME GAME for the past whatever years.
        As much as I want BF to beat cod... I also have the feeling that we do not need that sort of close minded people behind our fanbase...

Comment

Agreed, let em have there crappy game. We will be two busy scouring giant maps/flying/shooting/tanking/blowing everything and its mother up/being awesome to even notice them!

Comment

ill do to MW3 like i did to MW2, get it cheap in sainsburrys, complete the SP, trade it in game for more than i bought it

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
              As much as I want BF to beat cod... I also have the feeling that we do not need that sort of close minded people behind our fanbase...
              Agree. If they're idiots as you say, kindly keep them off of the BF servers and leave them to foul up the CoD servers instead.

Comment

Where do you need BF3 when there is FH2.4 and RO2 right behind the corner?

Comment

Really? Since when has Battlefield been so different from each other? Not to mention all the threads about how BF3 is going to be a BC2 port and how we dont want change but want it to be like BF2 (But we wont say that outright, but argue how it needs to be so).

As I have played all the Battlefield AND CoD games (not blops), I can say with certainty that there has been more changes with options in CoD than Battlefield by far, especially when it comes to the gamers actually liking the game because of the changes.

Also, if it wasnt for CoD and smacking down Battlefield, do you think we would be seeing these innovated changes?

Now that DICE is FINALLY bringing their "AAA" game, it looks like Activision is trying to add features Battlefield is going to do.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    Really? Since when has Battlefield been so different from each other? Not to mention all the threads about how BF3 is going to be a BC2 port and how we dont want change but want it to be like BF2 (But we wont say that outright, but argue how it needs to be so).

As I have played all the Battlefield AND CoD games, I can say with certainty that there has been more changes with options in CoD than Battlefield by far, especially when it comes to the gamers actually liking the game because of the changes.

Also, if it wasnt for CoD and smacking down Battlefield, do you think we would be seeing these innovated changes?

Now that DICE is FINALLY bringing their "AAA" game, it looks like Activision is trying to add features Battlefield is going to do.

Crunch
                    El Capitin Crunch, why must you always ruined a great thread with your really well thought out facts and your seemingly accurate points.
                    Regardless I still say that BF series saw more changes in-between games than COD because for COD, a game that was basically running and gunning in a shoe box is more visible when small changes come because it started out so plain. Now BF series have changes, but are not that visible to players due to the fact that BF series already have and started out with everything.
                    (I think I just tried to argue out Crunch) :nod::laugh:

Originally posted by Zuiquan1

OMG! That's exactly how I feel! I'm surrounded by console gamers who says that a mouse and keyboard is so weird and that COD is the greatest FPS ever!
                    No one around me knows much about Battlefield except that it's similar to COD! I even brought my laptop to let them try it out and most of them was like "where do I go?" or "where are all the bad guys at?" or "this map is too big" and worst off "how lame, I have to wait 10 seconds to spawn".
                    ARGGGHHH!

Comment

you think people saying CoD is better than Bf3 no matter what is bad, i had someone tell me they are both **** and that mortal kombat is way better, i literally slapped them across the face

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                        El Capitin Crunch, why must you always ruined a great thread with your really well thought out facts and your seemingly accurate points.
                        Regardless I still say that BF series saw more changes in-between games than COD because for COD, a game that was basically running and gunning in a shoe box is more visible when small changes come because it started out so plain. Now BF series have changes, but are not that visible to players due to the fact that BF series already have and started out with everything.
                        (I think I just tried to argue out Crunch) :nod::laugh:
                        If you are comparing styles, well yeah, the two games have very different goals. When a CoD or Battlefield game is released, they both pretty much stay the same as CoD is run-n-gun and Battlefield is situational and tends to require some teamwork.

42, Vietnam, and 2 where the same. Huds, weapons and eras were different, but they all felt the same. Same goes for CoD, 2, UO. When 2142 came out, there were tons of differences. Same with MW1.

Now MW1, W@W, MW2, and Blops, though in some different eras, are very much the same. DICE has not released the number of Battlefield games like IW/Treyarch has. If we include Bad Company, then 2142 and BC2 are very close to being similiar, but drastic changes in BC2 as far as maps, gameplay, and system mechanics.

So lets look at the PC timeline one last time:

CoD1/UO, CoD2, MW1, W@W, MW2, Blops (All a year apart)

1942, Vietnam, 2, 2142 (All years apart)

BC2 (New timeline to assimilate the PC community)

BF3 is going to be the biggest changes in the Battlefield franchise and you can thank CoD for that because EA is hurting and they want to take some money from Activision so they are giving everything they can to Battlefield. MW3 is going to have some changes in it as well, but I dont suspect it will be better than Battlefield. Why? Because even though DICE wont say it, they are going to merge what makes Battlefield and Bad Company good together and make it all their own. Its not a bad thing. I think they have a super blockbuster on their hands and hopefully the beta will go smooth enough that it will prove that.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Well not to put a hole in your post (its more of a needle though) Battlefield Vietnam was released in 2004, Battlefield 2 in 2005 and 2142 in 2006, but then a 2 year gap between it and Bad company.

Comment

BF2 was on a completely different engine than BF42 and V as well and added things like squads, CO, sprinting, along with taking out the F-keys and adding in the Q-function for commands.

I also think the differences between 42 and 2 outweigh the differences between 2 and 2142.....but thats just being nitpickey, I see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

As I have played all the Battlefield AND CoD games, I can say with certainty that there has been more changes with options in CoD than Battlefield by far, especially when it comes to the gamers actually liking the game because of the changes.

Crunch
                              I'm sorry, I can't take this joke that seriously after you follow it with this-

Now MW1, W@W, MW2, and Blops, though in some different eras, are very much the same.
                              Are you effing serious?

Comment

Working...
                              X