All aboard!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All aboard!!!

All aboard the Battlefield conversion train! Buy your ticket now so you can hop on over to the side with the greener grass when Battlefield 3 comes. Don't be left out in a shoe box size map with A.I. controlled heli/jets and campers. Why convert? Let's just say that battlefield doesn't need a zombie mode each game just to juice up dying fans.

Aha, just kidding! Cod is cool and all, but each series is basically a remake with new skins and maps.
    Anywho just wondering if anyone is gonna switch when the time comes?
    See you on the other side soldier!:salute:

Re: All aboard!!!

Im afraid no one switches anymore. CoD 4 had a lot of people switch from Battlefield to Call of Duty. After that, everyone played many different games. Both publishers have done an excellent job tearing down their fanbase and alienating the different groups of gamers to the point many don't see a difference between one franchise over another.

Is there anyone reading this that has a copy of most Battlefield OR CoD games and not the other and didnt put a lot of hours into them?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I got BFBC2, but it was a big turn off because it was just a COD game under the name BF, haven't logged a lot of hours there. Hoping that BF3 goes back to what made BF1942, DC and BF2 so great, big sand box. Haters are gonna hate, go back to the founding principles. As for Modern Warfare 3, or what ever hits this fall, I have consistently enjoyed the games over all.

Comment

never bought a cod game

Comment

I'm not entirely sure I'd want the hardcore CoD fan converting to BF3 when it's released. At least not from the 360 crowd...

Comment

I would figure they would stay on the 360 though.

It wont change anything even if they do come over. If you are thinking teamwork, there wasn't much in BF2. Many say otherwise, but most those people either had a server of their own or were in a clan or had a set group of friends they always played with.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              Im afraid no one switches anymore. CoD 4 had a lot of people switch from Battlefield to Call of Duty. After that, everyone played many different games. Both publishers have done an excellent job tearing down their fanbase and alienating the different groups of gamers to the point many don't see a difference between one franchise over another.

Is there anyone reading this that has a copy of most Battlefield OR CoD games and not the other and didnt put a lot of hours into them?

Crunch
              COD can only fool me so many times now. Shame on them. I will not be buying the next installment of COD. I will be to busy playing BF3.

Comment

I would figure they would stay on the 360 though.

It wont change anything even if they do come over. If you are thinking teamwork, there wasn't much in BF2. Many say otherwise, but most those people either had a server of their own or were in a clan or had a set group of friends they always played with.

Crunch
                Actually, I found there is more teamwork in Battlefield 2 than in the latter 4 CoD installments, even in IO. We were actually spotting for enemies while trying to take a point in Karkand, and telling eachother about dangers such as claymores and such.

that being said, its alot more than expected, but still not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                  Actually, I found there is more teamwork in Battlefield 2 than in the latter 4 CoD installments, even in IO. We were actually spotting for enemies while trying to take a point in Karkand, and telling eachother about dangers such as claymores and such.

that being said, its alot more than expected, but still not enough.
                  I agree, I think it was rubbed off from COD players.
                  Also I think the reason why there are not so much team play base in BC2 is because the maps were small and had a lot of choke points... plus there isn't a place in BC2 where you cannot be seen sneaking in.

Comment

Well sure, compared to CoD, Battlefield has more teamwork. Thats going to happen as the kits are designed to almost force a player to do teamwork. Im also talking Battlefield, not Bad Company.

The thing is that Battlefield is designed around teamwork and a rock-paper-scissors aproach and even though its setup that way, it doesnt seem to happen that way most the times. Im sure we all have seen (or done it ourselves) where there is a tank whore ripping up your team and yet the entire team either avoids the area the tank can get to or they keep running into the tank without the correct kit. Finally someone dies and come back (notice, not revived) as an engineer or Spec Ops to blow the tank up. Sometimes that person dies and has to spawn again as they ran out of ammo (notice, not given ammo) or because they are singled out by the tanker.

No teamwork involved. You die a few times to try to take out the tanks and then go on with the gameplay. Once in a while you get some revives or supplies, but it wasnt often. Now in BF2, you were given medkits a lot because of the instant health and sometimes revives, but thats because thats easy points.

Thats just one example.

Crunch

Comment

COD sucks, it is just another remake with a new name.... nuff said.

Comment

Says you.

Crunch

Comment

Says you.

Crunch
                          (and tons of other people, much of whom I agree with... to a point. After a while it seems they are just hating on it because thats the cool thing to do now... F**king hipsters...)

Ill pick this up just to prop my copy of BF3 up with.

Comment

Sorry 5t3v0, but the people that actually hate CoD are in the 9% minority.

Crunch

Comment

Sorry 5t3v0, but the people that actually hate CoD are in the 9% minority.

Crunch
                              Okay, Ill add "In the online circles I've been a part of". Wow Crunch, you seem a bit more cynical than usual...

Though I don't know why I am compelled to argue my point here though, I didn't say majority, I said tons.

Comment

Working...
                              X