Is it me or.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or.....

Is it me or does it seem like this "mega gdc reveal" was a let down. All I really got info wise was nothing. Yea there was some SP footage, but nothing like atom bomb dropping.

Re: Is it me or.....

Yes i agree,no real news for PC just footage for consolers.

They are being overly secret on this one,maybe because every one is going to be super critical on this game so they have to be um .."tactical" on what they release in fear of starting flame wars.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I dont believe thats what the GDC is about.

Its nothing "tactical" on DICE part. They have 7 months to stretch this out and keep momentum going. A beta sometime around may and Alpha stuff until then.

The game isnt ready.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Its hard to know with Dice,they rarely communicate with the community anymore. Its more about speaches.

If i was them id have a representative at every forum, relaying feeback and thoughts while building the hype with fans.

Comment

If you say everything you have to say up front, what will you say for the next 7 months?

Crunch

Comment

True

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

Its nothing "tactical" on DICE part. They have 7 months to stretch this out and keep momentum going. A beta sometime around may and Alpha stuff until then.

The game isnt ready.

Crunch
              I know thats not what gdc is for. However, they were hyping up a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by muffinmn100
                I know thats not what gdc is for. However, they were hyping up a lot.
                I dont think it was DICE hyping it up. I think it was forums and media. Here, check this out:
                Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

See, no one expected that much. Some built themselves up into a frenzy and are now disapointed.

Crunch

Comment

I think it was, look at all their tweets.

@GnomeSmasher And it's not even Mar2 yet... #BF3

Comment

It is too early to be announcing anything major about a game coming out this fall. Hell, Activision hasn't even announced MW3 yet.

IMO, DICE are hyping it up now in order to get some interest before that aforementioned CoD announcement steals the show.
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                      Yes i agree,no real news for PC just footage for consolers.
                      Wait, what? O_o

The video they released was taken on PC. Considering the game is being designed primarily on PC, you'll probably see most videos be shot on PC, instead of the usual console.

Note, it shows "W A S D" in the video when he is dragging the guy.

Comment

DICE isn't hyping it up at all, really. They've released some teaser trailers, but every company does that when they're working on a game.

Why does everyone have to blame DICE for everything? You BF2/1942 fanboys refuse to be satisfied with absolutely anything.
                        Originally posted by GeneralPatton
                        Wait, what? O_o

The video they released was taken on PC. Considering the game is being designed primarily on PC, you'll probably see most videos be shot on PC, instead of the usual console.

Note, it shows "W A S D" in the video when he is dragging the guy.
                        This. It just proves my point. Rambo didn't even bother to notice that it was recorded on a PC. It's singleplayer, which is something that wasn't in BF2. Therefore it's consolized crap and not worth a damn.

Comment

The info updates from now until release in the Fall will provide more information gradually to keep you on pins and needles. Just showing single player for a while was expected by some and we should be on that topic for a while yet.

EA UK Forum Quote from Demize99, DICE representative
                          We're evasive for two reasons:

1) Somethings aren't decided, or are just planned and not done. Announcing something and then having it change down the road is difficult to explain, we'd rather stay quiet until we're done.

2) Even if everything was done, dusted, and decided we want people to be anticipating the game right up to launch. If we told everything we knew now it would be in the press the next day and after a month it would be old news. It would then be impossible to get the press, the public, and the gamers excited about the game when it was time for it to actually come out. We want people to play the game, lots of them, after all the more people who play the more people you all have to shoot in the face. It's a proven strategy that increases audience participation.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                            DICE isn't hyping it up at all, really. They've released some teaser trailers, but every company does that when they're working on a game.

Why does everyone have to blame DICE for everything? You BF2/1942 fanboys refuse to be satisfied with absolutely anything.

This. It just proves my point. Rambo didn't even bother to notice that it was recorded on a PC. It's singleplayer, which is something that wasn't in BF2. Therefore it's consolized crap and not worth a damn.
                            I agree with that, dumb fanboys basically want bf2 with better graphics.

On Topic: I was just trying to say that this gdc reveal wasn't really much. I think that the press probably saw MP and stuff but are embargoed on it until a certain point.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

The game isnt ready.

Crunch
                              A beta in May with a November release? You think they'd have such a long beta or space it out so far between it and release? BC2's beta was a server stress test and not much more so I really can't see them doing anything other than that for BF3 (unless they do a closed beta) and they wouldn't be doing that until closer to release, like probably not before September.

Comment

Working...
                              X