Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it me or.....

Originally posted by muffinmn100
    I agree with that, dumb fanboys basically want bf2 with better graphics.

On Topic: I was just trying to say that this gdc reveal wasn't really much. I think that the press probably saw MP and stuff but are embargoed on it until a certain point.
    True, very true. I think the GDC isn't meant to be a big publicity thing, it's just a coincidence that BF3 has had so much buzz around it at the same time. I'm sure we'll get much better and more info in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
      DICE isn't hyping it up at all, really. They've released some teaser trailers, but every company does that when they're working on a game.

Why does everyone have to blame DICE for everything? You BF2/1942 fanboys refuse to be satisfied with absolutely anything.

This. It just proves my point. Rambo didn't even bother to notice that it was recorded on a PC. It's singleplayer, which is something that wasn't in BF2. Therefore it's consolized crap and not worth a damn.
      I know it was PC footage but no one on PC even wants single player,hence my comment mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
        I know it was PC footage but no one on PC even wants single player,hence my comment mate.
        Don't be silly. Just because BF2 doesn't have SP doesn't mean everyone doesn't want SP. There are plenty of other games singleplayer games that are excellent for PC and they've all sold better than BF2: BioShock, Half-Life series, Fallout 3, (although that's on the RPG sides of things), to name just a few. There are plenty of us that enjoy SP as well as MP games and are perfectly fine with them being in a PC game.

Of course there is the issue of the SP work detracting from the MP work. I know everyone hates Call of Duty and it's a sin to bring it up, but CoD4 was an excellent game with a great SP and perfectly good MP. I don't like it as much as the BF series, but it's perfectly possible to build a game with both SP and MP elements without neglecting one or the other.

Comment

Yeah, Rambo, speak for yourself and not the community. Some of US do like to fool around in SP now and again.

I dont go around telling how the community doesnt want an exact BF2 port.

Also the detraction argument is invalid. DICE already stated that their crew is 3 TIMES the size it was during BF2 creation.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I think it was, look at all their tweets.

@GnomeSmasher And it's not even Mar2 yet... #BF3
            That wasnt in reference to GDC though, but the quickflash trailer 2. The trailer showed at GDC is #3.

Crunch

Comment

a friend of mine went to the GDC, will be there till the 4th or something. I am very interested what he saw.

I think there will be a closed beta and demo release. Demo release only for those who bought MOH, figures.. I never bought it and will not just to play BF3 demo.

Comment

You mean beta release for those that bought MoH... why would they keep a demo private?

Comment

Originally posted by x=FAST=x
                  a friend of mine went to the GDC, will be there till the 4th or something. I am very interested what he saw.

I think there will be a closed beta and demo release. Demo release only for those who bought MOH, figures.. I never bought it and will not just to play BF3 demo.
                  You mean a demo with the name beta so they can disguise it. Anyway, DICE won't be stupid enough to only let MOH preorders get in. I imagine that anybody who preorders bf3 will get into it.

Comment

DICE never said that only people who bought MoH got access to the BF3 beta.

...at least so I think...

Comment

Personally I believe the singleplayer of BF3 does not look bad actually. As said by me before (those who pay attention to me, which is probably few if any at all probably think im a broken record) there are no Sudden russian attacks, no interactive airport massacres, no rail mounted heartbeat sensors, no recoiless assault rifles, just a simple singleplayer campaign meant to appeal to those who dont have multiplayer.

Hell, Im impressed that 5.56mm rifles have recoil, not just point, hold down fire button guns. Though imagine if making a milsim with that much destruction...

Comment

We pay attention to you 5t3v0. We closely watch all our theiving, murdering Australians. The Roos cant be trusted. :weo:

You're also correct on why the single player. Not everyone has an xbox gold account.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                          Don't be silly. Just because BF2 doesn't have SP doesn't mean everyone doesn't want SP. There are plenty of other games singleplayer games that are excellent for PC and they've all sold better than BF2: BioShock, Half-Life series, Fallout 3, (although that's on the RPG sides of things), to name just a few. There are plenty of us that enjoy SP as well as MP games and are perfectly fine with them being in a PC game.

Of course there is the issue of the SP work detracting from the MP work. I know everyone hates Call of Duty and it's a sin to bring it up, but CoD4 was an excellent game with a great SP and perfectly good MP. I don't like it as much as the BF series, but it's perfectly possible to build a game with both SP and MP elements without neglecting one or the other.
                          Agree, COD's recent single player campaigns are whats driving DICE to make a quality single player since they want to compete with the next COD.....after all this is supposed to be an entertainment blockbuster and allot of console players still don't do much online gaming.

Originally posted by x=FAST=x

I would hazard a guess that combat testing will end up being involved in the BF3 beta this summer so if your not a member it would be a good idea to apply to become one before they get swamped with applications.

Comment

Im actually considering picking up the MoH limited edition just for the BF3 beta... Its still available here!

Comment

Is it me or does it seem like this "mega gdc reveal" was a let down. All I really got info wise was nothing. Yea there was some SP footage, but nothing like atom bomb dropping.
                              Well if you consider them basically demonstrating that lighting and particle effects are KIDDIE on every other game on the face of th eplanet not an atom bomb dropping; then I dont know what you'd like.

There is this footage where they show the engine can do lighting for a whole city in real time, and that they have actually made an engine capable of rendering true smoke with realistic lighting on a household PC (granted, a very expensive one, but 5 years down the road when we have 12 core processors and quintuple SLI this won't matter) and this is small news for you??

they can wait til a month before launch to say if it's going to be 100 on 100, or 64 on 64 or whatever; right now I want DICE to go back to the lab and keep refining that baby frostbite engine and squeeze every goddamn trick they can out of it and then design superb multiplayer maps they owed us with BC2 and working on making decent netcode for reals this time (no more look, this guy is lagging us all BS) and THEN we can worry about just how many people they can fit in one map.

DICE has just basically demonstrated that everybody else programming games this year is in diapers still; this is what DX11 was made for, forget about Crysis 2 and all that crap; THIS IS IT. This is the new benchmarking standard and the minimum entry bar for FPS looks, framerate and design. This, with a decent netcode; can and will kill any of the garbage Activision has planned for CoD; not even Infinity Ward could withstand programming of this magnitude.

Man, I'm kinda already forgiving them for the rather bland BC2 support on PC; if they devoted manpower from that to do this? by all means, if oyu need more money Im already preordering and buying another copy of BC2.

Comment

Its going to be 64 players thats confirmed.

Anyway, who gives a crap if they "want to go after SP with single player?" I know a lot of friends who were disappointed with the game because it didn't really have single player and were delighted in the fact that BF3 would have one. Its not like they were all CoD fanboys either.

Comment

Working...
                                X