Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Technology Behind BF3

From GameInformer

Learn all about the new lighting, animation system, and increased destructibility that the Frostbite 2 engine brings to Battlefield 3's in these three interviews with DICE's lead designers.

so if one mod can make magic happen, please post this in the main page so everyone can enjoy it

Re: The Technology Behind BF3

+ rep dfor sharing

Comment

that the third entry in the series
      1. Battlefield 1942
      2. Battlefield Vietnam
      3. Battlefield 2
      4. Battlefield 2142
      5. Battlefield 3

wat

Comment

BF naming just confuses me. I'm still not sure why BF2 was 2, and certainly not why BF3 is 3.

Also repost.

Comment

If this game is as awesome as all of the buenoness and publicity they are pumping into it, I would literally drop 100 bones on this. It's worth that much to my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
            BF naming just confuses me. I'm still not sure why BF2 was 2, and certainly not why BF3 is 3.

Also repost.
            Thing is I looked for a thread with the same name, not a link inside a thread with another name, and when I checked it wasn't featured on the main page, so, honest mistake .

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
              Thing is I looked for a thread with the same name, not a link inside a thread with another name, and when I checked it wasn't featured on the main page, so, honest mistake .
              No worries. :wee:

Comment

Why is all the news coming out on console web sites, I smell huge port again(tho some are still saying BC wasnt haha)

1. Battlefield 1942
                2. Battlefield Vietnam<< not sure why they are ignoring this one
                3. Battlefield 2
                4. Battlefield 2142<< this is a mod and it should be ignored
                5.(4) Battlefield 3(my spider senses are saying this will be a bad port for PC)

Comment

The retards at gameinformer are probably considering it like this:

1. Battlefield Bad Company
                  2. Battlefield Bad Company 2
                  3. Battlefield 3

They oughtta be neutered. :R

Comment

Or just BF1942, BF2, then BF3... Seeing as both Vietnam and 2142 came about after each respective game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                      Why is all the news coming out on console web sites, I smell huge port again(tho some are still saying BC wasnt haha)

1. Battlefield 1942
                      2. Battlefield Vietnam<< not sure why they are ignoring this one
                      3. Battlefield 2
                      4. Battlefield 2142<< this is a mod and it should be ignored
                      5.(4) Battlefield 3(my spider senses are saying this will be a bad port for PC)
                      By that logic Battlefield Vietnam is just a mod of BF1942 and doesn't merit being it's own game. It is using the exact same engine, after all.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                        Or just BF1942, BF2, then BF3... Seeing as both Vietnam and 2142 came about after each respective game.
                        What you say is true and could be the answer as i think i may have read that somewhere now that you have said it Kylee.

Jake yes by that logic its true by definition but ask many and i think you will find they say "Vietnam" was far from a mod though than "2142" was, the results of that might call for a poll or something.

Also since i never owned or played 2142 my view may be biased a bit :wee:.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't count.
                          You know what!, your right im happy to recognise 2142 because it turned out to be popular,sold alot and lasted a long time.

I cant ignore that even if it wasnt my cup of tea:thumbsup:

Comment

Anybody think that we "the fans" gave DICE the name for BF3? Ever since BF2 people have wanted "BF3" and so i doubt they were ever going to release it and call it something else.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                              Anybody think that we "the fans" gave DICE the name for BF3? Ever since BF2 people have wanted "BF3" and so i doubt they were ever going to release it and call it something else.
                              Its not impossible, but DICE did call Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2 and not Battlefield 2010 (Or whatever year BF2 was in). DICE pulled away from the date naming scheme, which is too bad as I liked it.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X