Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DICE, Have you Forgotten Integrated Teamwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE, Have you Forgotten Integrated Teamwork?

Alright, everyone, new and old alike, lets calm it down.

A lot of opinion flying around and we dont have to agree with it and you can constructive at supporting your argument, but in the end, it doesnt matter.

If you are quick to be offended by your post being picked on a bit, then maybe you shouldnt post.

If you are going to attack someone on a post, then you definatly shouldnt post.

Lets have a little respect and undestanding all around.

No more warnings in any of the threads. Infractions start.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Seems a like a lot and most likely won't be used in a random server. For clan stuff yes it would be used but just joining a server to play for an hour or 2 highly doubtful in that it works. Just my 10 cents though.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        ...Lets have a little respect and undestanding all around...
        Good idea

Comment

Well, hopefully everyone has settled down now and are not raging as they were.

With that said, I agree with the teamwork the OP mentioned, but there are 3 flaws in it:

1. Teamwork is very hard to accomplish in pub servers. Yes, you can join a clan or go into a clan server and hopefully the clan will not have all their squads locked, or have their server stacked, so you can play with them and have team fun. Even with kits, squad leaders, and commanders, there are ALWAYS people who insist on going it alone. Look at the support guy in "Pwned Life" His life is the gun and the ammo box an necessary evil to cary the gun.

2. Commanders/Squad leaders did not always do their job. Yes, again, an exception to the rule. When I commanded or lead, I did just that. As a squad leader, I even kicked people out of the squad who did not. Many times I ended up with an empty squad. Its sad

3. DICE also invented Rank. Thats right, the teamwork killer in all ranked games. Great players start playing well and once they see they have the gold star or that high KDR, they start holding back. Ive seen it many times.

Again, exceptions to all these and I tried to defy them many times. Its very tempting to go it alone and not be bothered with the noobs that want to runngun. If they want to play that way, thats their business.

Now BF3 isnt close to being out and there is not enough information at this time to know if DICE has actually forgotten about teamwork. I dont know if they have. I hope that if they do leave in commanders and squad leaders that they have adjusted some of this so that it supports the role these people are playing.

They made the kits so that everyone has to rely on someone else for something, but they need to make the leadership roles do the same.

Great post otherwise and I agree.

Crunch

Comment

Thanks, Crunch

Comment

I'm very interested in this "real life" thing and would desire to know more. Looks intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                Christ Almighty! (no existence of actual deities implied)
                At least try the game before you declare that the world is coming to an end.
                I'm sorry, but this is a BS answer. I've been able to predict how good a game is by a mere preview and a few screenshots. And I'm no wonderman. You can have a fairly accurate opinion on something without actually trying it. I mean, we all know we wouldn't eat crap, even though we've never tasted it, right?

Comment

or you can team up with your tgn mates like me and crunch do(http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/sh...ty-playing-BC2), and have some good teamwork

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                    I'm sorry, but this is a BS answer. I've been able to predict how good a game is by a mere preview and a few screenshots. And I'm no wonderman. You can have a fairly accurate opinion on something without actually trying it. I mean, we all know we wouldn't eat crap, even though we've never tasted it, right?
                    Originally posted by CptainCrunch

No more warnings in any of the threads. Infractions start.

Crunch
                    So I am going to decline this particular fight.
                    Let the thread rest in peace.

Comment

Chris I respect your view on the whole watered down thing with BF2142 and so on... but personally I couldn't give a damn and would rather have a good time with my buddies. So I'll buy the game and probably enjoy myself. You take it too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                        So I am going to decline this particular fight.
                        Let the thread rest in peace.
                        I posted that up when people were calling each other names and berating one another repeatedly.. I dont think you or Chris will do that. In the end the argument wont matter as its opinion anyway and as long as everyone is clear of that, then all is good. When it gets down to "Thats not true, youre stupid" then the infractions will start.

As for the argument, Ive made judgements on snipets of video as well and sometimes I was correct and sometimes not. The thing with BF3 is that it looks like BC2 so many are jumping to the conclusion that BF3 is just a console port that will play and act just like BC2 without any regard of multiplayer or weapons or maps, or previous Battlefield titles.

It looks like BC2 because of the engine. It will probably feel a bit like it as well, also because of the engine.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                          Chris I respect your view on the whole watered down thing with BF2142 and so on... but personally I couldn't give a damn and would rather have a good time with my buddies. So I'll buy the game and probably enjoy myself. You take it too seriously.
                          I sometimes feel like I'm one of the few people who believe that you shouldn't be forced to choose between one or the other, that you can have both. I take it seriously because it's my hobby, and I don't have many alternatives to choose from. On the forums, I'm just doing it for the lulz.

Comment

Working...
                          X