Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guess Release Date

Originally posted by DTPleeoswald
    Good move for BF3 coming out before MW2?
    Yeah, builds the excitement, takes the momentum away from MW3, and first come, first serve. Some will have to chose between the two. Die hard fans of both groups are going to choose their respective game anyway, so that doesn't matter. Many are going to get both, so that doesn't matter. It will come down to those who like what they see and do not have a loyalty one way or another.

Now the downside to this will be those on the fence waiting for both to be released. DICE has a bad track record of the game not being playable for the first week or two after release due to "unforeseen numbers of players" overloading the system. One of the DICE Devs said they are changing the backend a lot to make it way more versatile and accommodating, so we shall see what happens. If it is like the other games have been, it will be all over the internet how its unplayable and full of bugs, even if it's really not.

But yeah, I think its a strong move.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Heres a cookie.

Comment

>O Not fair! I had already claimed the prize!

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          Yeah, builds the excitement, takes the momentum away from MW3, and first come, first serve. Some will have to chose between the two. Die hard fans of both groups are going to choose their respective game anyway, so that doesn't matter. Many are going to get both, so that doesn't matter. It will come down to those who like what they see and do not have a loyalty one way or another.

Now the downside to this will be those on the fence waiting for both to be released. DICE has a bad track record of the game not being playable for the first week or two after release due to "unforeseen numbers of players" overloading the system. One of the DICE Devs said they are changing the backend a lot to make it way more versatile and accommodating, so we shall see what happens. If it is like the other games have been, it will be all over the internet how its unplayable and full of bugs, even if it's really not.

But yeah, I think its a strong move.

Crunch
          Mora like a bad track record is like a tradition now; every hardcore BF veteran knows the drill: long line, bad lag, lost packets; the works.

It's not a bug, it's a feature! lol.

Tough with this one they should really really try to minimize the damage because you can't push the marketing and tout it as th egame to get, and fail to deliver on an acceptable level; honestly, they have their pre order numbers already; they should at least lease enough servers to cover for that in the first month; or we can start a pool with the TGN players man; it's what, like 15 bucks a slot nowadays for a 64 man server?

Comment

BTW; is it a surprise? I remember 2142 and BC2 also launched in october or am I imagining things?

Comment

Your imagining things, BC2 launched in March.

Comment

Working...
              X