Squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Squads

6 player squad, can spawn on the squad leade, but you could have a perk that would allow others to spawn on you, or the squad leader could assign someone so you could also spawn on him if he was dead

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
      He's being sarcastic, Kyle.
      Okay, obviously... but referring to what.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
        6 player squad, can spawn on the squad leade, but you could have a perk that would allow others to spawn on you, or the squad leader could assign someone so you could also spawn on him if he was dead
        I always like the spawn beacon in 2142. That way, if the SL went down you still could spawn in the same spot, as could the SL himself. I doubt it would work in anything but a futuristic game, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
          I always like the spawn beacon in 2142. That way, if the SL went down you still could spawn in the same spot, as could the SL himself. I doubt it would work in anything but a futuristic game, though.
          thats a great idea, what if the squad leader could deploy a spawn/rally point like in PR? for example a small tent or smth where you would be able to spawn, its more realistic than spawning in all of your squadmates in the middle of the battle and in front of the enemy.
          but still having some sort of perk so you could let others spawn on you wouldnt be a bad idea. or letting the squad leader assing someone so you would spawn on that person if the squad leader was dead

Comment

I was saying the BF2 squad system promoted squadplay more than BC2's. But then you come in and say, "no, BC2's is fine, you just need to go download this, and connect to their server once you get the info, and you're set".

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
              There is no information about squads yet, but would you prefer the system from BF2 (6 members and a squad leader who you could spawn on) or from BC2 (four squad members and you could spawn on any)?

I am undecided. I think we need 6 man squads for 64 player servers so that there are larger squads that work together rather than many small squads that don't work together well. But I do like being able to spawn on any squad member, and I think being able to spawn on 5 others will be a bit too much depending on the size of the actual map.
              I'm down for 8 man squads. Technically a "squad" is nine men. Much less than that and it's a "fire team". I don't want BF3 to go the route of a clunky simulation game, but a little realism in the squad number would be nice.

I'd also like to see "squad labels". Which means you'll login to a server and see a variety squads labeled: Recon, Armor, Air Support, Infantry and maybe Amphibious (if there's going to be a lot of watercraft).

Two of each label would work and you can jump right into the squad that suits your present interests...and you'll know that the people in that squad want to run armor or fly jets and choppers, etc.

Of course, in our clan, we use a special clan tag that lets their fellow clan members know at a glance what their playstyle interests are, but if you happen to be playing with random players, squad labels would be nice.

Comment

I'd rather the squads and everything just stay how it was in BF2. It seems like the best system and you were able to change the squad name if you wanted.

The only thing that ruins it is people starting a locked squad for themselves. But that's also the case in BC2.

Comment

Spawning on anyone is a horrible idea if the game is anything like BF2. Assaults on flags would never end. Spawning on a SL does promote teamplay. You have to keep the SL alive and you have to kill the SL to stop the flag assault.

Spawning on anyone in your squad would kill 64 player strategy.

BC2 is smaller with less people and it doesn't have the same impact.

Comment

Im sure in the olden days it used to be 7,so 7 for me.On squad leader only or objectives.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                      I was saying the BF2 squad system promoted squadplay more than BC2's. But then you come in and say, "no, BC2's is fine, you just need to go download this, and connect to their server once you get the info, and you're set".
                      I never said that I was being specific to BC2 haha, and I never said BF2's system was worse. I was just telling you how you could easily make the most out of BC2's small squads.

Comment

How about 5 people squads with spawn only on the SL. That would make it SL + 2 pairs.

Comment

Working...
                        X