Squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squads

There is no information about squads yet, but would you prefer the system from BF2 (6 members and a squad leader who you could spawn on) or from BC2 (four squad members and you could spawn on any)?

I am undecided. I think we need 6 man squads for 64 player servers so that there are larger squads that work together rather than many small squads that don't work together well. But I do like being able to spawn on any squad member, and I think being able to spawn on 5 others will be a bit too much depending on the size of the actual map.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Re: Squads

I definitely would like to have 6 man squads again (same as in BF2412; don't forget that that game succeeded BF2) and a squad leader. I enjoy having a certain level of hierarchy between commander, squad leader, and squad mates. Plus, it's handy to kick a loser from your squad if you're a squad leader.

Comment

BF2 system.

Four man squads would be too small. And BC2's system doesn't promote squad-play, it just promotes spawning as close to the battle as possible and spamming..

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
        BF2 system.

Four man squads would be too small. And BC2's system doesn't promote squad-play, it just promotes spawning as close to the battle as possible and spamming..
        Agreed! Spawning on anyone in your squad hurts the importance of having a squad leader in the first place as-well. I wonder now that it has been confirmed that BF3 will have 4 classes only if that means squads will be only 4 aswell?

If your going to have only 4 just leave the squad system out all together and just make Call of duty, you know!

Comment

BF2 system and I want to see too is to be able to see the squad leader of a squad so he becomes a target of priority, and also no spawning directly on an enemy flag or too close (no infiltration of one guy then 10 sec later you have 16 guys behind your lines)

Comment

yeh I think it should return to BF2/2142 I want a larger squad, preferably 6 (would settle for 5 I suppose)

but you can't spawn on just anyone, just the squad leader and PERHAPS one other guy (like a deputy leader kind of crap) but only if leader was dead or something

either way I wouldn't mind if it was just bf2/2142 system

Comment

Defo BF2 system.

Spawning on SL can force team play most of the time...

Comment

I don't think spawning on anyone is a completely bad idea. It has negated the bad effects of crappy squad leaders.

Comment

Then add the ability to mutiny the SL? Idk...

Comment

bf2 squad system was awesome. i can remember playing as the squad leader's 'body guard' many times, very fun.

however, if bf3 is planning on attracting large numbers of COD players who have absolutely NO idea of what teamwork actually is, i can see the need for a bc2 style squad system becasue the COD players will not have any respect for "authority" the squad leader has

either way, i liked both squad systems so ill be happy with either.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
                      bf2 squad system was awesome. i can remember playing as the squad leader's 'body guard' many times, very fun.

however, if bf3 is planning on attracting large numbers of COD players who have absolutely NO idea of what teamwork actually is, i can see the need for a bc2 style squad system becasue the COD players will not have any respect for "authority" the squad leader has

either way, i liked both squad systems so ill be happy with either.
                      BF players back in the good ol' days weren't all that teamwork oriented. I don't seem to recall everyone working hard together all the time. I remember grenade spamming, point whoring, and sniper camping. Maybe I just didn't play on the right servers...

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                        BF players back in the good ol' days weren't all that teamwork oriented. I don't seem to recall everyone working hard together all the time. I remember grenade spamming, point whoring, and sniper camping. Maybe I just didn't play on the right servers...
                        That's what you get for playing on 24/7 karkand servers.

I usually just played on Dragon Valley and tried to be in a squad with the other jet pilots on the team so we could help each other out with J10 whores.

Comment

Most of the negative things in games like this can be negated by joining up with some random clan and using their ventrilo server.

Comment

Squads do not make teamwork. When I finally decided I wanted teamwork in BF2, I had to join a clan to get it. Otherwise, its no different from CoD or BC2 or BF2 for that matter.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                              Squads do not make teamwork. When I finally decided I wanted teamwork in BF2, I had to join a clan to get it. Otherwise, its no different from CoD or BC2 or BF2 for that matter.

Crunch
                              I now having good teamwork was hard in pubs, but I definitely could find a good squad that worked together with a strong squad leader who issued orders quite frequently, compared to the squads in BC2 basically being pointless and most people jumping around squads to find new spawn points.

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                              but you can't spawn on just anyone, just the squad leader and PERHAPS one other guy (like a deputy leader kind of crap) but only if leader was dead or something
                              I like that idea. I was thinking of something similar.
                              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
                              X