Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Article: First Battlefield 3 Screenshots from Game Informer

Originally posted by Vreki
    I get photobucket bandwidth exceeded in the original link, but this one works for me: http://battlefield.gamersverse.com/a...cluding-scans/
    That was a good read. Hopefully more fact that hype, but I guess time will tell. I have my faith in DICE, though, unlike some.

Comment

Anyone else notice no health bar? :/

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
        Anyone else notice no health bar? :/
        Its prob alpha shots or photoshopped out,we hope lol

Comment

The shots were of SP, and thats likely a placeholder HUD anyway, so who knows how that will turn out

personally I am a bit split on the health system, I think BC2 showed how to do regenerating health properly, but I still want a bloody health bar

Comment

there probably won't be a health bar... just bloody screens n crap..
            as it stands, we can't even know our own health...

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
              The shots were of SP, and thats likely a placeholder HUD anyway, so who knows how that will turn out

personally I am a bit split on the health system, I think BC2 showed how to do regenerating health properly, but I still want a bloody health bar
              My sentiments exactly.

Comment

i just want to know my own health personally. in BC2, you had no problem knowing your teammate's health with that bar above their head but you had no idea of your own health.

Comment

yup I would like BC2's regen health system in BF3 if it had a health bar as well

Comment

As long as its not COD, where you get shot 5 times in the head then wait 5 seconds behind a wall and your full health again.

Comment

indeed, but that was the good thing about BC2s health system, the regen is dam slow (and stuff like getting shot again pauses the healing etc) but you had medpacks as well

CoD system sucks no doubt about it

Comment

IMO you cant have a true battlefield experience with regenerating health. Not only does it promote camping but it takes away that feeling of accomplishment of coming out of a firefight with 2 bars of health left and knowing you have to watch your every move to stay alive. There was always a great sense of satisfaction when you killed an enemy or 2 when you were on low health.

I dont want any of this "i got hit by a .50 cal bullet but if i sit behind this rock for 30 seconds i will be right as rain again"

BF2 was never a realistic sim shooter but it had elements to it that made it more realistic than most and the health system for me was a fundamental part of that. The second you put regenerating health in is when you start to get camping nd it also makes the role of the medic that more useless.

Comment

Maybe there should be two parts? Like if it drops below a certain point it doesnt regenerate, but if its slight damage, it still regenerates, but still slowly

Comment

Didn't someone mentionned Killzone 2? In this game you regenerate under 25% of your health up to 25%.

Comment

Working...
                            X