Updated Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Updated Facts

I think if China became all powerful and the US go down then video games are the last thing we would think about.
    And then what, like I said you would see video games with chinese heroes everywhere with a big chinese flag behind them, and type 95 everywhere instead of M16, which would still suck as there's no variety

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
      Well it's true to some extent, just like others countries have the same and/or different flaws...

But talking about video games I could point out Japanese games, they include a myriad of countries (not african countries, they don't like blacks/arabs), you're not stuck with the same things over and over and it's not rare that you don't hear anything about Japan in their games. The japaneses are simply more respectful and open (I'm talking only about their media right here).
      Japanese culture in general is both xenophobic and racist; tough they are very inclined to absorb stuff they like.

(mind you they've mellowed out a lot in the past two decades, but old geezers are still very arrogant; wich is kinda paradoxic as their culture also tries to imbue humility in everything they do; they are crazy like that)

The thing with japanese games is that over here, we get very very few japanese made games, and only the most marketeable. You don't find ports of all their dating simulators (including the rape simulators, yeah there are simulators for that too over there) their pachinko games, their majohng, etc.
      Their gaming market is as fierce and competitive as their comic book one; there are so many genres covered and so much material offered that you either aim for a niche market, or try to really revolutionize the industry.

FPS games are a niche market over there, as well of "realistic" fighting games. they just don't exist. They don't exist because the japanese don't like them in general, they aren't even a niche market; and that's a cultural thing.

so you may know Final Fantasy, Dargon Quest and Megaman; maybe some "obscure" games like Persona series or Parappa the rapper. They are just the peak of the iceberg of japanese games, some so weird and downright crazy, misogynist, perverted that are banned over there (like the aforementioned rape simulators)
      They try everything beacuse they have to; everybody and their mother comes out with RPGs, fighting games, anime fighting games, date simulators, platformers, hentai games; with so much competition, they have to try new things all the time; or stick to their guns and claim a small but steadily redituable niche genre and stay there.

You think americans are flooding the FPS market? if it was a japanese viable genre; there would be ten to 15 games coming out every month; with fierce competition in the multiplayer arena; you would get 4 or 5 Unreal Tournaments a year, each centered around a gameplay mechanic as their main gimmick, Activision would have to release a coD a month almost, just to stay competitive in that particular "flavor" of FPS.

Comment

Yes I know how are the japaneses, that's why I said games and not irl. They're pretty xenophobic it's true but to a lesser extent you have that in all old countries even if it's not as strong as before, the US is a young country based on immigration so it's really not the same and it has others flaws as well.

But only the respectable games come from Japan to others countries and as far as I know there's some crazy **** in all countries, the only difference is the japaneses adapt this in games and not the others countries (that and the fierce competition, they make everything that can sell even for most niche public).

As for flooding the market or whatever they like or not FPS is not the point, if it was a viable genre in Japan I'm sure we would see more variety in term of story and armement and not the boring (and quite despicable sometimes) "US saves the world". If Japan was all powerful peharps we'll see the same thing but like I said that's not the point, for now we're force-feed M16 and US as the protagonist when there's a lot of others weapons avalaible and many interesting stories to be told.

Then of course you can find some interesting things in lower budget games but it's lower budget, not the same quality. And japaneses games have others flaws too (they can't make a realistic story even if they tried, metal gear for example, I'm sure Kojima is dead serious with his scenario).

Comment

Ok, I have some more news but I can't link to anything to prove any of it so you'll have to take it at face value

Sorry if these are things that are already known about in the BF community.

At an EA press conference last weekend a spokesperson for EA said :

"There is no LAN support" (i.e. downloadable server files) people will have to rent servers 'as before'
          There is no BF2-like commander mode.
          Health is 'regenerating'
          (but I'm guessing not on a hardcore mode server.)

I'm mod in a BF forum on another forum and our forum's owner was invited to the press release where he went to with a list of questions

So there you go. Believe it if you want to! This is probably my 5th post since 2006. I should stop by here more often

Comment

No Lan is annoying but we're more or less used to it now with BC2, though I don't think it's a good thing for the competitive scene.

No commander makes me sad.

I don't care about regeneration, it has it's pros/cons.

Well thanks for the infos.

Comment

no commander makes me very sad, if they take out other stuff i liked like real artillery (not mortar strikes), supply/vehicle drops etc im not going to preorder and i am going to wait for it to come out first

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                Ok, I have some more news but I can't link to anything to prove any of it so you'll have to take it at face value

Sorry if these are things that are already known about in the BF community.

At an EA press conference last weekend a spokesperson for EA said :

(but I'm guessing not on a hardcore mode server.)

I'm mod in a BF forum on another forum and our forum's owner was invited to the press release where he went to with a list of questions

So there you go. Believe it if you want to! This is probably my 5th post since 2006. I should stop by here more often
                when are EA gonna relize that WE DONT WANT THE GAME TO BE LIKE COD!, **** regen health, i want old school bf2 medics and for the love of god, if there is cod-insta-knife im gonna punch a kitten, YOU HEAR THAT EA!

Comment

Poor kittens

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    Poor kittens

Crunch
                    true. there is gonna be alotta punchin'

Comment

Good laughs, I just seen the replies to my troll

Comment

Health regen is a real team killer and makes medic pointless. I know the devs want to stay with the times but health regen just takes away from the need to be a team player, and makes solo hunting insanely easy. That is just leading in the direction were everyone is hopping around shooting grenades like if this is halo or cod. It just seems BF3 is moving the franchise away from team play and more about solo cod style gunning...

Comment

Updated

Comment

will we have A feature, mode to auto-single (and burst) to M16 like Bf2?

off-topic...

Crunch, you need to register total Gaming at http://imageshack.us/, "Domain unregistered to view"

Comment

Yes from what I remember.

Comment

prome + mode auto-shot, great!

Comment

Working...
                                X