Video guide to using "Q" to request resupplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video guide to using "Q" to request resupplies

It all depends of what you want but if you want more emphasis on teamwork then yes you shouldn't be able to regenerate, just like your ammo doesn't replenishe itself over time. It make sense with the gameplay of Halo when you can play with your shield or CoD where there's no interaction between classes but not BF. Unless Dice want the medic class to be anti-infantry first and medic second...

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
      It all depends of what you want but if you want more emphasis on teamwork then yes you shouldn't be able to regenerate,
      Teamwork isn't just healing and reviving. Nor it should be.
      just like your ammo doesn't replenishe itself over time.
      I think you're mixing 2 completely different things. In Battlefield 2, every class heavily relies on medics to replenish his/her health. Your health is everything. If you don't have it, you're dead. If you are low on it, you're powerless and won't survive a minute.

Medics on the other hand, they don't need others' help. Who else besides support can do something for them? In fact come to thinking of it, do they ever any resupplying? Nope, not really. They can simply pick up kits from fallen foes and never even have to worry about ammunition. Since they can play by themselves, this whole idea of teamwork collapses like a dream in Inception.

Medics in BF2 are the epicentre of power then. By implementing auto-healing in BC2, their role and balance simply blend in much better with other classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
        Medics on the other hand, they don't need others' help. Who else besides support can do something for them? In fact come to thinking of it, do they ever any resupplying? Nope, not really. They can simply pick up kits from fallen foes and never even have to worry about ammunition. Since they can play by themselves, this whole idea of teamwork collapses like a dream in Inception.
        Medics don't need others' help? Sounds like someone here needs to stop playing IO. Not saying medic was balanced, but without vehicles to keep them in check they'll run wild.

The best thing to cure a medic infestation is an M1A1. :salute:

Comment

We were talking about the lack of teamwork on pubservers and then I just gave you one examle, yet you immediately assumed I played BF2 wrong. You must be Chuck Norris, I guess. I might have had other squadmates around me, maybe I just didn't mention them.
          Well, you did play it wrong. And you never mentioned teammates, you only mentioned yourself and that's all you care about. You don't care about your team capturing the objective, it's just you capturing the objective and you getting points for it.
          Look, a horrible Battlefiled 2 experience that auto-healing negates or at least reduces:
          1. I attack a certain objective.
          2. I encounter an enemy and manage to outplay him.
          3. He's dead, I'm still alive but my health is only 20%, no medics around.
          4. He spawns, immediately nadespamming my last position and the objective as well - an easy way to cheaply finish me and even if I survive, I don't have have much of a chance winning a gunfight against him, because his heatlh bar is full and mine isn't.
          5. I die losing a gunfight, all he had to do is shoot my toe once.
          If you were attacking the objective even with just one other teammate (who doesn't even have to be a medic), you would've taken the objective. Also, that nade spam is to be expected and that is also your fault for not expecting it. So you didn't outplay him as well as you thought you did.

such as medpacks XD?
          Health packs are less magical fairy-like than being back to 100% health in under 20 seconds without any first aid just because you can avoid fire.

You should be. In other words why should you be losing gunfights with fresh and a 100% full health players just because you've been in a gunfight before and won it?
          Because you just got ****ing shot. You plan on being at 100% health because it'd be "fair" because he just respawned and has 100% health?

Comment

Medics don't need each other help because the heal/reanimation is op yes, but healing and reviving IS teamwork. In Wolfenstein : ET (I'm sure Dice got some inspiration from there) the medic was useful but you couldn't win with a squad full of medic because each medkits only gave 20hp and you could throw like 3-4 before desplenishing your "energy" and reviving only gave some hp unless you unlocked some perks, and even then if I remember right reviving was limited and you needed to be ressuplied. On top of that medic also had the same gun than the "assault" guy but with only ONE magazine at the beginning, so you absolutely needed to work with an ammo guy.

Dice just need to town down the medic so it's a support class in the first place and not an assault+.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
              Well, you did play it wrong. And you never mentioned teammates, you only mentioned yourself and that's all you care about. You don't care about your team capturing the objective, it's just you capturing the objective and you getting points for it.
              I never said that's how I played. I just gave you 1 simple scenario without teamwork so that it can clearly show how flawed the system is. Teamwork would mean more variables and I wanted to keep things simple. I didn't expect you to attack me so lowly.
              Furthermore it may have happened on a server with low player count, thus players spread out all over the map.

If you were attacking the objective even with just one other teammate (who doesn't even have to be a medic), you would've taken the objective. Also, that nade spam is to be expected and that is also your fault for not expecting it. So you didn't outplay him as well as you thought you did.
              You see we didn't :hmm:
              6 of us beat the other squad. We killed every single one of them, but we were too low on health and our medic didn't manage to heal our wounds before they respawned, started spaming nades and slaughtered us all. I hope you're happy now.

Nade spam is the fault of the game btw.

Health packs are less magical fairy-like than being back to 100% health in under 20 seconds without any first aid just because you can avoid fire.
              I guess sitting on 15 medpacks and taking constant bullet damage only to get insta-heal in less than a second is way cooler and more realistic.

Because you just got ****ing shot. You plan on being at 100% health because it'd be "fair" because he just respawned and has 100% health?
              This problem is present in Counter Strike as well. A l33t skilla pwns 1/2 of the opposing team, subsequently he has 3hp left. Now any noob can carelessly jump on him and finish him with his Glock.
              Auto-heal gives you momentum. If you're good, you can just keep pwning. Teamwork has nothing to do with it. 1 on 1 combat happens everywhere.

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
              Medics don't need others' help? Sounds like someone here needs to stop playing IO. Not saying medic was balanced, but without vehicles to keep them in check they'll run wild.
              I don't know what IO is.

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
              The best thing to cure a medic infestation is an M1A1. :salute:
              Yeah, works great on no vehicle servers. Good stuff.

Medics don't need each other help because the heal/reanimation is op yes, but healing and reviving IS teamwork. In Wolfenstein : ET (I'm sure Dice got some inspiration from there) the medic was useful but you couldn't win with a squad full of medic because each medkits only gave 20hp and you could throw like 3-4 before desplenishing your "energy" and reviving only gave some hp unless you unlocked some perks, and even then if I remember right reviving was limited and you needed to be ressuplied. On top of that medic also had the same gun than the "assault" guy but with only ONE magazine at the beginning, so you absolutely needed to work with an ammo guy.

Dice just need to town down the medic so it's a support class in the first place and not an assault+.
              Agreed, W:ET was better balanced...that is untill you ranked up and got enough ammo on your own. Oh, wait. Medics could resuply themselves at those ammo portal, right? Also, you have to keep in mind that geeks at Dice aren't that smart and they can't think this far.
              Meh, even with this system. Health recovering abilities are simply much stronger than ammo resupplying abilities. Health is overpowered. HEALTH > AMMO

Comment

Or, maybe not.
                Six seconds after taking damage, the player will recover three health per second.
                Meaning that if you get hit just one time at close range by an AN94, it takes 12 seconds to get to full health. It takes nearly 30 seconds to recover from two bursts from an AN94. I don't see how this is much worse, if at all, than a system where someone can stand on 5 medkits and become functionally invincible against anything that doesn't kill him in one hit.

All it does is lessen the reliance on a single kit.

Medics are still useful, and still powerful. They just aren't REQUIRED at all times.
                Obviously the type of player who throws on an RDS and Magnum isn't concerned with healing all that much, anyway. But a dual-medkit-specced medic really helps his team keep going.

If health regen wasn't in the game, you'd just have even more medics whoring points due to the fact that they'd have a monopoly on health. You'd also have more teams that can't do anything against vehicles, thus more crying about OP vehicles and a "need" for an Infantry-Only mode.

Comment

I like how things work in Bac Company 2. Medic can considerably speed up the healing process of his squad members, the sooner they're healed the sooner they can perform their roles, catch enemies unprepared and that can make all the difference, plus he keeps his squad alive. Now LMGs' on the other hand, nope, I don't like that.

Comment

I just skimmed through your post, and BF is just not for you.

Nor is logic or consistency. Also, you really need to assume waaaaay less when making an argument. I don't even want to respond to you because you turned me off so much.

Comment

Sweet! So you're going to leave and never troll the forums, ever again?
                      Don't tease me, bro!

Comment

Medics don't need each other help because the heal/reanimation is op yes, but healing and reviving IS teamwork.
                        For me, everything besides healing that is done in Project Reality mod is teamwork. Like target acquisition for instance, comunication with your squadmates/other squads/commander, marking targets for mortar/air strikes, etc. imo we should be given more gizmos to player with in vanilla Battlefield games.

Nor is logic or consistency. Also, you really need to assume waaaaay less when making an argument. I don't even want to respond to you because you turned me off so much.
                        Thanks Dr. Phil! I need your advice, because I myself have no idea what I want. But, but, you should've told me 8 years ago. ZOMG I've wasted so much time in these sanbox games and they really aren't for me. Nevertheless, I'm gonna start taking Call of Duty on a regular basis.

Comment

This, children, is called true irony.

Comment

You see we didn't
                            6 of us beat the other squad. We killed every single one of them, but we were too low on health and our medic didn't manage to heal our wounds before they respawned, started spaming nades and slaughtered us all. I hope you're happy now.
                            ...I can't think of a single flag in the game that can't be capped or neutralised in under 15 seconds with a six-man squad. Most flags would go down in under 3 seconds in that scenario.

I don't know what IO is.

Yeah, works great on no vehicle servers. Good stuff.
                            IO is a no vehicle server. IO = Infantry Only. You are either playing on no vehicle servers too much to understand that there are, in fact, certain things a medic can't do without help from teammates or the medics you're playing with/against are so awesome they can kill tanks and APCs with medic packs and dirty looks.

Also, BF was never balanced properly for no-vehicle gameplay. As you may recall it was thrown into a patch to appease the 24/7 stat padders and non teamplayers who just wanted to rack up points on Karkand without tanks ruining their KDR.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                              This, children, is called true irony.
                              Oh piss off with your jealousy grudge, jake. That post had no merit, and you're just using any excuse you can get to take a stab at me.

Comment

Remember when 2142 came out and medics would lay down pacs across from each other and shoot single shot back and forth to get the points? Man, those were the days, amiright?

The thing is the entire medic heal thing is magical. All of it. People have a preference of instant health, no health, regen health. Right or wrong, its a preference. You want instant health, go play BF2. You want regen, go play BC2. You want to stand next to a locker and heal, go play BF1942.

I have a lot of mean things to say to a few of you, but thats not me. Good job though on expressing your opinions of the medic. Very interesting and things I never really thought of before.

Crunch
                                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                                X