Video guide to using "Q" to request resupplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video guide to using "Q" to request resupplies

lol i play hardcore so if im ignored the third time i kill them and take the ammo myself.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
      lol i play hardcore so if im ignored the third time i kill them and take the ammo myself.
      Yeah, thats why my teamkills are kinda high too

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
        I love that people think it was that much better in BF2, or that the commo rose would help anything.
        When BF2 was the popular game, it was just as hard to get people to give ammo/medkits. It was also just as hard to get people to hold still long enough to give them ammo/medkits.

Does no one remember all of the threads about people who kill the medic, take his kit to heal themselves, and either revive him or leave him there? Or the same thing people did to support players who didn't pass out ammo? Or all of the redliners and M95 runway snipers?

People were just as asinine and selfish in BF2, guys.
        This is exactly while AUTO-HEALING is a fantastic feature to have on public servers. I hope BF3 has it too, or personal field dressings or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
          This is exactly while AUTO-HEALING is a fantastic feature to have on public servers. I hope BF3 has it too, or personal field dressings or something.
          You're saying health regeneration is good because the system for resupply and healing is ****. That's just bad.

Health regeneration is bulls*** and dumbs games down. Play a game with health regen for a while, then go back to a game with health bars and you will get wrecked. It's one less thing you have to worry about, just hide behind a wall for however long and you're A-OK.

Comment

No, he is saying health regen is good because team play sucks because you have to rely on people who come off games like CoD and dont understand any of the gadgets that come with their kits.

Hiding behind a wall sucks to get healed, the thing is that it takes you out of the game a bit during that time, which can change the tide of a fight for a flag. Just like medic revives. You can kill all you want, but if they have a medic thats good, they are going to get that flag.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
              You're saying health regeneration is good because the system for resupply and healing is ****. That's just bad.

Health regeneration is bulls*** and dumbs games down. Play a game with health regen for a while, then go back to a game with health bars and you will get wrecked. It's one less thing you have to worry about, just hide behind a wall for however long and you're A-OK.
              Is it considered to be a good thing when you can insta-heal yourself just as you described but only if you're playing as a medic?

I hated health regen when it first appeared several years ago and I still hate it when it's as fast as it is in the Call of Duty series. However, when it takes some time like it does in BC2, there's nothing wrong with it.

Look, a horrible Battlefiled 2 experience that auto-healing negates or at least reduces:
              1. I attack a certain objective.
              2. I encounter an enemy and manage to outplay him.
              3. He's dead, I'm still alive but my health is only 20%, no medics around.
              4. He spawns, immediately nadespamming my last position and the objective as well - an easy way to cheaply finish me and even if I survive, I don't have have much of a chance winning a gunfight against him, because his heatlh bar is full and mine isn't.
              5. I die losing a gunfight, all he had to do is shoot my toe once.

^^
              But is it fair? No. Not to mention other terrible stuff from Battlefield 2 (and maybe also other previous BF games) like medics constantly insta-healing themselves behind cover everytime they get shot. This makes killing medics from medium to long distance virtually impossible unless you are a sniper.
              And that makes me want to play as nothing else but medic. And reduces the content of the game by about 90% and makes it boring.

To sum up, a well implemented auto-healing represents more fair encounters, more 100% vs 100% fights.

It can be replaced with some kind of personal field dressings. Works well in Project Reality and Forgotten Hope 2. The idea is that you survive a gunfight and use your own field dressing to recover your health by a certain amount and then pick up the enemy kit and use his field dressing to heal yourself even more.

Relying solely on medics and them being the only ones with these God-like powers just doesn't work.

Comment

Well what do you expect will happen when you attack a flag all alone? It takes too long to neutralize the flag to prevent enemies from spawning when you attack a flag by yourself. It's a team oriented game, or at least meant to be one. You obviously played BF2 wrong.

Also, it's not like you couldn't just change the healing in BF2 to something like BC2's health pack system. Just leave out the magic health replenishing fairies.

Comment

Well what do you expect will happen when you attack a flag all alone? It takes too long to neutralize the flag to prevent enemies from spawning when you attack a flag by yourself. It's a team oriented game, or at least meant to be one. You obviously played BF2 wrong.
                  see, look what CoD has done to fps gamers

Comment

Yep. After this first posting I was playing some BC2 and I asked on my team if BC2 was the first battlefield game they ever played and I actually had 5 say yes.

5 doesnt seem like much, but consider the number of people there are on a team and how many never say anything and this was a low slot server, that means it was a LARGER percentage.

Crunch

Comment

Looking at the leaderboard...

I see some BF2142 veterans on there with the SAME IGN as BF2142.

I am a vet of BF1942 (SP), BF2 (MP), BF2142 (MP), and BF:H.

Some of my buddies come from COD those noobs!

Comment

The problem with pressing Q on the person for ammo/health is that visually there is not much indication that someone needs ammo/meds. On BF2 you had the mini map and you had the chat saying GIVE ME SOME AMMO SUCKA, on bc2 you can barely hear the person asking for ammo, and there is a vague bland symbol on the mini map.

BF2 may have had the same idiots, but at least the idiots took less time to realise you need ammo when you spam it in their face.

EDIT: I don't think I highlighted it but it's a flaw in the game, BC2 players would probably get ammo/meds out just as quick as bf2 players if they knew someone wanted some, but with less visual aid in amongst actually playing the game and all the atmospheric stuff, it can get lost in translation so to speak.

Comment

The fact that you have to FIND an appropriate soldier and Q him to request ammo or health or repairs is stupid. The reason the commo rose was nice is that you yell out, "I need a medic here!" and all the medic teammates on the minimap and 3d map light up, and as well you light up to them so it makes it a lot easier for you to find one another.

Also, with regards to godlike medics in BF2, remember how the medics were in BF1942? They couldn't deploy medic bags but had to slow heal the soldiers manually, their slow heal had a timer so it couldn't be spammed indefinitely without cooldown, they couldn't rez, AND they had SMGs instead of ARs. Then for some reason DICE got a big hard-on for the medics and made them able to do pretty much everything except walk on water in BF2. Gave them the same (or better) guns as Assault, fast sprint, insta-full heal, they got the most points (for those who were into that, thankfully I never have been), AND the ability to bring the dead back to life. Who played through the development of this game and thought, 'Yep...this is absolutely perfect and totally balanced right here.'?

Whoever he is he needs to be flogged.

Comment

But the flashing symbols or icons on Minimap is quite visible to anyone who pays attention occasionally to the lower left corner.

As a habit, I drop a medic kit for every teammate I see on the way.

I think it is selfish to ignore the flashing symbols on the mini map. Unless, of course, you are trying to kill an enemy that would earn you an savior pin or you are too far to safely deliver the ammo.

Comment

I can't stand playing medic sometimes in BC2, people are often at half or lower health and I'm trying to heal them, but they just run away. Or half of the team is convinced we should keep trying to push through the open into an area where I can't get to them to revive them.

It's like I'm a baby sitter.

Comment

We were talking about the lack of teamwork on pubservers and then I just gave you one examle, yet you immediately assumed I played BF2 wrong. You must be Chuck Norris, I guess. I might have had other squadmates around me, maybe I just didn't mention them.

Ok, so let's describe a scenario that involves teamwork now:
                                A squad with variety of classes vs. MEDIC TRAINS *facepalm*

Also, it's not like you couldn't just change the healing in BF2 to something like BC2's health pack system.
                                You mean like medics being the only ones that can heal themselves again, nowai!!11
                                Just leave out the magic health replenishing fairies.
                                such as medpacks XD?

...just hide behind a wall for however long and you're A-OK.
                                You should be. In other words why should you be losing gunfights with fresh and a 100% full health players just because you've been in a gunfight before and won it?

Comment

Working...
                                X