BF3 not for Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF3 not for Windows XP

No, Yoster is right, its not Vista. Its the same kernel and its what vista should have been, but its not Vista as it was released. And its just like you said, XP after SP2 was really good, 2000 after SP3, 2003 was pretty good, but R2 is nice. 2008 is pretty good, but R2 is crazy. The Vista name is ruined just like WindowsME.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

But if Vista wasn't released and patched up, Windows 7 wouldn't be what it was off the bat. After service pack 1 for vista I had no issues, and I couldn't tell the difference once I finally switched to windows 7.

So then we will now have to wait even longer for any kind of new operating system, because of the reaction of a public that has uninformed reactions to major changes in software?That seemed to be the only purpose of windows 7, and opinion reboot, Vista's name was tarnished before it could get ironed out, so they got it right, and then sold a whole new version of almost 100% of the same operating system, instead of it being a service pack for vista. And people were happy about it?

Comment

The PC-world article basically says that they have roughly the same threadcount and memory footprint, so they must be the same. Thats not very scientific.

You can find a bunch of articles with differences between them, although most of them are unlikely to be detected by the average user.

From the out side, the all new Windows 7 closely resembles its predecessor Windows Vista. The major change that you will be able to see at first, in terms

About having to wait even longer for any kind of new operating system. I would love if we vent a decade witout any OS upgrade, but just service packs to Win 7. The OS is the foundation upon which everything else rest, you do not release new versions every year.
        It is hell for the developers, already we have Win XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 2003 and Win 2008.

And now MS is talking about Win 8. Yes, we really need another OS on top of the existing mess.

Comment

Yeah, Im afraid Windows 8 is not that far away in terms of OS lifetimes. Some are saying within a year, most 2, while Windows 7 is just over a year, is it?

Crunch

Comment

Im on windows 7 64bit myself so it doesn't really affect me that much. XP is an old OS now, and its stuck in DX9, we're already upto DX11 now so i dont think excluding XP is a bad thing, it means more time is being spent fine tuning the game itself to make it the best it can be rather then to hard code 3 different OS's.

Comment

You say that battlefield 3 doesent support directx9 and thats why not xp? But i have directx10 and xp is this directx10 on xp fake.
              Here is website were i download directx10: http://www.techmixer.com/download-di...or-windows-xp/
              I dont want to buy windows 7 because of this bf3 its so expensive.

Comment

Isnt that the Alky Project? As far as I know, it closed down in 2007, and I have been unable to find anyone claiming that it works.
                I would be vary of that kind of links.

Comment

Im pretty bad whit comps and english but i dont have eny problems whit it and directx diag says that i got 10.

Comment

Yes, but can you actually run anything, e.g. a DX10 benchmark: http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks.../introduction/

Comment

I can make DXdiag say I have version 20, doesnt mean I do.

Crunch

Comment

I cant run it so i got fake 10 back to real 9. damn

Comment

We are gonna need DX11 cards for BF3 correct?

Comment

I dont think so. As far as I know, DX11 will just ignore the features missing from earlier cards.

Comment

Now i cant get the real 9.0c directx dxdiag says 10.0 version i have installed 9.0c and uninnistalled fake 10. What to do??

Comment

Originally posted by golfisfun
                                We are gonna need DX11 cards for BF3 correct?
                                DX10 cards minimum.

Originally posted by battlefield_fanboy
                                Now i cant get the real 9.0c directx dxdiag says 10.0 version i have installed 9.0c and uninnistalled fake 10. What to do??
                                If your games run fine, live with it. Its probably a DLL or registry entry making it say 10.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                                X