just an observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just an observation

On the progression graph showing which platform is closest to unlocking the new map NOTE PC is double PS3 and nearly double XBOX 360. Sorry but to me that reaffirms the fact that Battlefield has been and will always be a PC gamer's game. With that said, give it back to us.

Give us:
    -prone
    -show the scoreboard while dead or before spawning, this helps us find friends on a server or keep teams even
    -Better communication controls. I miss "yes" and "no" or specifically requesting supplies, ammo, medic. That's the magic of a keyboard versus a controller WE HAVE ROOM!!!
    -Stop spoon feeding us, if a player is critically injured running and hiding until the magic invisible fairies heal is retarded. I say once you hit 17% health you begin to bleed out until you get health from a medic.
    -Give attack helicopter gunners guided missiles NOT tracer darts
    -blood trails. engage in a firefight an hit an opponent wounding him but he runs off you'll see a few spots of blood leading you in the direction he ran.
    -Bigger maps to use vehicles.
    -More combined arms maps, meaning tanks, apc and FAVs

Re: just an observation

give us jets back. gets like in bf2 where you could have 2 person sitting inside, the passenger had that lock on awesome missile
    keep destruction
    give us back all the different classes, do not mix them, atleast i prefer it like it was before, but give more variety to classes , like in gadgets and stuff
    prone
    prone
    prone proneproneproneprone

And im pretty sure ther is more stuff, but im just not remembering right now

Comment

Well, we will see what the Battlefield Series brings us. Its nice to see that PC seems to have embraced the console title and have made it their own.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        PC seems to have embraced the console title
        This is exactly why no Battlefield game from here on out will be any different. Give up on prone, get used to health regeneration, 3d spotting is here to stay.

And you know what? I like health regeneration. It means I don't HAVE to be a medic. God knows medics are too stupid to heal me. It's slow enough that it doesn't matter in that fight anyway. If someone killed you, it's not because he auto-healed during the fight.

I like the lack of prone, too. Camping and belly-flopping both irritate me in BF games. If they ever got their hitboxes right, insta-proners might not be that bad. But they never get hitboxes to line up, so it's a moot point.

No jets? No problem. Giving one player an "I win" toy that could realistically only be stopped by another jet sucked anyway. If one team had someone who knew how to fly and the other didn't, the game totally sucked. It wasn't "rock-paper-scissors." Jets were like that dickhead kid who would make up **** that always won. "My TNT beats your rock." "My napalm beats your paper." "My jet beats your everything, and ruins any kind of fun that anyone else on the battlefield could possibly have by interrupting everything and raping spawns and generally being lame."

Comment

Yes there's some good things with this BF no matter if it was made for consoles or not, but I hope BF3 will be more like the old BF with some part of BC.

As for the prone there's no problem in Red Orchestra or Call of Duty and many others, Dice just need to make it right, the ability to prone is a great thing and I would be sad if it wasn't in BF3, plus the lack of prone didn't eliminated camping. Low heal regen on the other hand isn't a problem.

Comment

Very good points to both of you. When I made my comment I didnt think about how it showed PC players actually liked those aspects of the game. I mean, it could also be because what other FPS is out there right now to compete? Blops seems to have fallen quickly from the playing shelf, which I am very surprised by that.

If they made a Battlefield title with some "adjustments" for prone as well as actual rock-paper-scissors, then we would have something. Maybe the majority doesnt want that though. 2142 had a lot of balance, but the majority of the community wouldnt even try it out or decided it wasnt BF2 enough.

Its kinda like CS:S. I wonder if they did come out with a CS:S2 and it was really close to the same but with body armor that actually worked, if people would still just play CS:S. BF3 is really close to the same, but it has some things fixed to equal it out, would people just say how its not BF2 and not bother?

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
              This is exactly why no Battlefield game from here on out will be any different. Give up on prone, get used to health regeneration, 3d spotting is here to stay.

And you know what? I like health regeneration. It means I don't HAVE to be a medic. God knows medics are too stupid to heal me. It's slow enough that it doesn't matter in that fight anyway. If someone killed you, it's not because he auto-healed during the fight.

I like the lack of prone, too. Camping and belly-flopping both irritate me in BF games. If they ever got their hitboxes right, insta-proners might not be that bad. But they never get hitboxes to line up, so it's a moot point.

No jets? No problem. Giving one player an "I win" toy that could realistically only be stopped by another jet sucked anyway. If one team had someone who knew how to fly and the other didn't, the game totally sucked. It wasn't "rock-paper-scissors." Jets were like that dickhead kid who would make up **** that always won. "My TNT beats your rock." "My napalm beats your paper." "My jet beats your everything, and ruins any kind of fun that anyone else on the battlefield could possibly have by interrupting everything and raping spawns and generally being lame."

These are all the things that made it a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyhavoc

Give us:

-show the scoreboard while dead or before spawning, this helps us find friends on a
                If you press the ESC key while you are dead the scoreboard will come up. Then press ESC again to return to the spawn screen. This works in BFBC2 and in Vietnam.

No jets? No problem. Giving one player an "I win" toy that could realistically only be stopped by another jet sucked anyway.
                If they allowed for hand held anti-aircraft missiles then the jet jockeys would be a bit more circumspect about the way they would fly. The BF2 mod Point of Existence had stinger missiles strewn about some of the maps and they were very useful evening the playing field they also had anti-air artillery that also tore low flying jets to shreds.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                  hand held anti-aircraft missiles
                  this

i do not mind health regen, but im seriously serious about prone. prone is something i think it is needed

Comment

I never understood why people raged at jets so much. Just because DICE did a pretty shoddy job of Jet balance in BF2, does not mean all jets in BF games will be overpowered.

Also, the problem was not so much the jets, but the terrible Anti-air.

Comment

Okay, it does need prone. The health system can stay, I like it (This is BF not "Military Simulator 2000"). It does need Jets, but with decent anti-air (in the form of Stingers and SA-#'s). It does need a commo rose, the blood thing was stupid, and it does need more combined arms maps. That is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                        Okay, it does need prone. The health system can stay, I like it (This is BF not "Military Simulator 2000"). It does need Jets, but with decent anti-air (in the form of Stingers and SA-#'s). It does need a commo rose, the blood thing was stupid, and it does need more combined arms maps. That is my opinion.
                        EVERYTIME i play bfbc2 i die atleast oncebecause there is no way of going prone

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]

You shouldn't be able to heal a gunshot wound. Relying on medics means you need teamwork. It's not the dev's fault that you join servers with dumb medics. I feel ya because I know the pain - but player selfishness shouldn't impact a winning design strategy.

Prone does not cause camping. I doubt the ration of camping has not increased since prone was removed.

Regarding dolphin diving - thats an easy fix with the game code. Don't allow the gun to fire for a few seconds during the prone transition. Instead of just deleting content out of laziness, find a solution mr. developers

Jets add diversity which is what defined the earlier battlefield series. Which BF title did you start with? Look at BF1942 (replace jet with plane though). It was balanced very well.

Again - this is a matter of balance and instead of being lazy and dumbing down the game, they should just find solutions to the balance issue.

It sucks when you get an epic game like BF1942 and the franchise gets dumber and dumber. It sucks when you get all these cool toys and then find that as the franchise matures, they are just becomming a copy of all of the other FP shooters out there.

It sucks playing BC2 after playing Desert Combat.

It sucks playing BC2:V after playing EOD for 1942.

It just sucks to be told that invention and strategy have no place in console games and thus in PC games cross into the console world.

Oh and it used to suck that the community had to make great mods but now it just sucks because no great mods can be made.

Comment

medics do not heal in bfbc2. why? mainly because there is no calling medic command, its hard as **** to find a medic , aim atthem and press q. in bf2 it was mutch easier. another reason its because there are a lot of cod players there who dont even know what a medic is. that is basically just the machinegun class

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                              EVERYTIME i play bfbc2 i die atleast oncebecause there is no way of going prone
                              Ehh, yea. I agreed that it did need prone.

Comment

Working...
                              X