Battlefield Play4free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Play4free

Well I just got my beta key this morning. Will try it out during lunch. So if I got a key and never really played BFH then there is hope for others.

Re: Battlefield Play4free

I got mine two days ago. To put it simply, it was crap
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Anarchy1: What do you expect from a closed beta? A polished game. I will reserve my judgment until I actually play it.

Comment

I tried it as well, I thought it was awful.

Comment

I tried it too, same result as you guys, just a pointless game.

Comment

You guys

Is it crap because its not exactly like BF2 as far as graphics and its a beta?

Anyone post any suggestions to turn it away from crap? Other than, "Make it exactly like BF2 in every way possible."

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Well, it's just bf2 but everything feels stupidly slow, there is no prone, the weapons layout is dumb (for US you start out with an RPG as engineer...), heck there is a button that actually looks behind for you, literally looking at the front of your soldier looking behind you.

It's just, a really, really, bad bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                Well, it's just bf2 but everything feels stupidly slow, there is no prone, the weapons layout is dumb (for US you start out with an RPG as engineer...), heck there is a button that actually looks behind for you, literally looking at the front of your soldier looking behind you.

It's just, a really, really, bad bf2.
                Yep, that.

Comment

its not crap, ITS UBER ****.
                  if u have bf2 its pointless to play that game.
                  the models are the same, have u looked at he stairs?!?!? LOL THE SAME BENDING
                  the animations suck. id prefer bf2 old havoc

imagine bf2 graphics, with the bf2 vehicles, and with the weapon handling and models from bfbc2. that is how the game is.
                  you still cant knife. and there is something really bad.... the guys from heroes thought it would be good to use the same class system in the game... but i think it sucks... i mean it was ok for heroes with all the abilities, but beeing restricted to a class without beeing able to change it on the fly, in a game like this it just doesnt work for me, i like variety
                  once i saw there was no prone i instantly quited the game

Comment

Yeah, it's a really bad BF2. Perhaps BF2 in pre-alpha.

Even though I have my resolution set as 1920 x 1200 and high settings, the game still looks to be 800 x 600 and low settings. The gameplay is extremely sluggish. No prone. My player constantly says "I need a medic" even right after I spawn.

Then there are the UI problems. You can't open a menu in-game. You have to exit. If you change the menu to full screen mode, there is no cursor. I could go on.

It's just terrible. Even for a free game in beta.
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

You have to ask yourself why DICE would waste time and money creating half-arsed games like this instead of putting their effort into a blockbuster title *cough*BF3*cough*. How does this game make any sense?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                        You have to ask yourself why DICE would waste time and money creating half-arsed games like this instead of putting their effort into a blockbuster title *cough*BF3*cough*. How does this game make any sense?
                        Yes, I would ask that question as well, except the answer is that DICE is not making the game, but a different studio that does not share any resources with DICE.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          Yes, I would ask that question as well, except the answer is that DICE is not making the game, but a different studio that does not share any resources with DICE.

Crunch
                          yeah, the guys that made heroes. that is why it SUCKS

Comment

So, did they lift the NDA? Because I must have missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

Crunch
                              Ah, I didn't see that. My bad. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Working...
                              X