video watching

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • imported_Field
    Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 2234

    #1

    video watching

    Here, i put a video together, watch and comment / rip on as you see fit. I try and watch other people's stuff and im not the biggest bear on the mountain as far as talent goes but i put a bit of personal flair to it.



    one thing im a little bit annoyed about though and i hope someone can tell me is in order to get that nice 16:9 widescreen for thier video do you need to actuallly record everything at a 16:9 aspect ratio/ resolution from your game? i play the game at 1280x1024 which i guess is a 5:4 but then it seems like you cant render it in Vegas to make it like a 16:9

    Some other people's videos seem to look a hell of a lot better im just not sure EXACtly how to do it.

    Then theres some oddness going on with the sound but whatever.
  • Anarchy1
    Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 1546

    #2
    Re: video watching

    Looks like you have talent to me. Nice video.

    About the video resolution...since you play at 1280 x 1024 it is going to record at 5:4. To make it 16:9 in Vegas, you open Track Motion (first button next to the name for the track) and you have to stretch the video to fill out the 16:9. There might be an easier way, but that's how I do it (I play on 16:10, so I have the same problem). The only problem from this is that it horizontally distorts your video, but that is obvious.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

    Comment

    • Kylee!
      Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 4161

      #3
      Re: video watching

      Not bad. I wish I had this game for the PC. :/

      Comment

      • Minmaster
        I DON'T PLAY CS!
        • Nov 2006
        • 4112

        #4
        Re: video watching

        if it's not possible within vegas, there are tons of programs that you can customize your aspect ratio to a video file afterwards.

        Comment

        • Iwantcable
          Member
          • Jul 2007
          • 2362

          #5
          Re: video watching

          I would definitely record in 16:9 if you want to eventually render at that ratio. Its about 42% wider than 5:4, so stretching (or cropping vertically) is going to look terrible.

          This is just what came up for a 1280x1024 image search. I only edited them!

          If you crop:


          If you stretch:

          Comment

          • imported_Field
            Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 2234

            #6
            Re: video watching

            thanks.

            I also found out about those youtube formatting tags


            You can either zoom in to get a 16:9 or stretch to get a 16:9. The stretched one didnt look that bad and kind of visually opened things up but it was just kind of goofy looking.

            Comment

            Working...